The Watch Thread - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

edchys

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
5,274
Reaction score
754
p18ZKkOl.jpg


Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi watch dai kors.

I have a ETA 2824-2 watch that have feels and sounds gritty when I handwind it. Previously sent it for servicing for the same problem but it is back after just 1 week. I'm going to send it back again as it is still under warranty but I just want to check if it's user problem ...

Can the 2824-2 be overwound? I read that there shld be a slip mechanism to protect from overwinding. The reason I'm asking is because I always have difficulty screwing back the screw down crown, afraid that I may have inadvertently overwound in the process.

There are different variations of 2824-2.

For my tudor daydate...whenever I want to screw down my watch crown, I will need to push down the crown and slightly turn the it anti clockwise until I feel "click" and then I will turn it clockwise to screw the crown in completely.

Since you are bringing back your watch for 2nd servicing, be more specific with the nature of the issue when you are talking to the staffs. What do you mean by "sounds and feels gritty whenever you handwind?" This will enable them to rectify the problem better.

Secondly, check with them the proper way to handle your watch (based on the watch movement).
 

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
7,925
Reaction score
46
Morning!

My 3777 strap is starting to peel off. Any website recommendation on 21mm leather straps?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
enjoying a cup of joe in the early afternoon while working.
loving the padi still, still amazing to me that i haven't get to flipping it yet, i guess its a keeper. probably the only sunburst dial i can afford. the red min hands also jin swee

07B904ED-F54F-40E7-9392-DFB9AC36A813_zpskwu9se3s.jpg
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
enjoying a cup of joe in the early afternoon while working.
loving the padi still, still amazing to me that i haven't get to flipping it yet, i guess its a keeper. probably the only sunburst dial i can afford. the red min hands also jin swee

Boss, got a lot of sunburst dial you can afford la..

Bambino is sunburst dial, a lot of Deep Blue also have sunburst... Just off the top of my head. :s12:
 

rboyboy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
121
enjoying a cup of joe in the early afternoon while working.
loving the padi still, still amazing to me that i haven't get to flipping it yet, i guess its a keeper. probably the only sunburst dial i can afford. the red min hands also jin swee

Can la, the Rolex LV Sub sunburst dial is also very nice. :s12:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top