The Watch Thread - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Good Morning people!
hIPpTX2l.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 5 using GAGT
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
yZAXspO.jpg


Happy Seiko Sunday

(Finally decided to sell this off, btw, can PM if you're interested to buy)
 
Last edited:

JiakMedicine

Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2012
Messages
450
Reaction score
1
Hi watch dai kors.

I have a ETA 2824-2 watch that have feels and sounds gritty when I handwind it. Previously sent it for servicing for the same problem but it is back after just 1 week. I'm going to send it back again as it is still under warranty but I just want to check if it's user problem ...

Can the 2824-2 be overwound? I read that there shld be a slip mechanism to protect from overwinding. The reason I'm asking is because I always have difficulty screwing back the screw down crown, afraid that I may have inadvertently overwound in the process.
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
Should not have issue with overwound

But other issues like adjust date or time at wrong position or not pulling crown stem properly may cause other related issues.

Wait for more expert to come in

Hi watch dai kors.

I have a ETA 2824-2 watch that have feels and sounds gritty when I handwind it. Previously sent it for servicing for the same problem but it is back after just 1 week. I'm going to send it back again as it is still under warranty but I just want to check if it's user problem ...

Can the 2824-2 be overwound? I read that there shld be a slip mechanism to protect from overwinding. The reason I'm asking is because I always have difficulty screwing back the screw down crown, afraid that I may have inadvertently overwound in the process.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
wow this is the new squale GMT right?

How does it wear on the wrist, thickness all that?

Me have skinny wrist, it wear just nice tapers down the lugs unlike the steinhart straight lugs which make it bigger.

Have to get use to the 42mm size. Even my bulova GMT 42mm felt smaller.
 

confusedboi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
724
Reaction score
22
Me have skinny wrist, it wear just nice tapers down the lugs unlike the steinhart straight lugs which make it bigger.

Have to get use to the 42mm size. Even my bulova GMT 42mm felt smaller.

Oh ok I see. That makes it easier to wear, don't like steinharts straight lugs which make it harder to wear
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top