The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
4,792
Reaction score
557
iujV9eJ.jpg


good moaning my friends
 

Chuz111

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Hi all, new to this horology scene here. I'm looking to buy my first mechanical timepiece, and have saved to a budget of around SGD $250. I'd prefer an everyday watch (something I can wear everyday and goes along well with different outfits). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I've heard a lot about the Seiko SKX, but to be honest, when seeing it in person, it 'ticks boxes', yes, but it just doesn't make me feel an urge to buy it. Hence I would like to ask you guys for any other recommendations. Thanks!

You can check out the Orient Bambino, or Sea-Gull range of dress watches. Also check out Orient divers, such as the Orient Ray ii and Mako ii. All excellent choices at this price range.
 

Wuxinren

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
738
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Im new here!
I'm looking to Get my First watch.
I've a budget of around > SGD$1000.
I'm on a back office job which require office daily Mon-Fri.
I hope the watch would also be suitable for Casual wear !

I seriously am new to the watch scene Hence i don't really dont know anything about watch. expect nice or not nice.
Just felt as I grow old , I should have a presentable timepiece on my wrist to carry myself better. :)

Sorry for this long message ! hope i could get some positive replies from those watch enthu here!
 

confusedboi

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
724
Reaction score
22
Hi all,

Im new here!
I'm looking to Get my First watch.
I've a budget of around > SGD$1000.
I'm on a back office job which require office daily Mon-Fri.
I hope the watch would also be suitable for Casual wear !

I seriously am new to the watch scene Hence i don't really dont know anything about watch. expect nice or not nice.
Just felt as I grow old , I should have a presentable timepiece on my wrist to carry myself better. :)

Sorry for this long message ! hope i could get some positive replies from those watch enthu here!

Why kind of watch are you looking for? Sports watch or dress watch? Quartz or automatic. Seiko sarb series or sarx series is a good start. Both are automatic and semi sporty/ dressy
 

001_bh

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Why kind of watch are you looking for? Sports watch or dress watch? Quartz or automatic. Seiko sarb series or sarx series is a good start. Both are automatic and semi sporty/ dressy

The SARB017 "Alpinist" is a dream of mine... One day hahaha...
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
...budget of around > SGD$1000...
壹千块的预算,如果要买瑞士錶款的话,美都(MIDO),梅花(TITONI),DAVOSA 基本石英款的应该不会超过。
平价一点,机械款的,这里多数錶友會推 天梭(TISSOT) Visodate 還是 LeLOCLE。除了天梭之外,建议你到Mustafa看看,有几款 汉米尔顿(Hamilton) 在1000元以下。
要不。。。就日本款了。
I'm on a back office job which require office daily Mon-Fri.
I hope the watch would also be suitable for Casual wear !...presentable timepiece on my wrist to carry myself better. :) ...
1000元预算实在够用的。。。瑞士錶方面也许只能買一只。但是日本錶,一千元就能捞起几只了。衬装/搭装錶款,多数錶友会建议,东方錶Bambino系列。我则推近期精工推出的“引擎减弱版”Cocktail,要是你懂得如何杀价的话,1000或者能够让你拿下三色吧。。。:D
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Hi all,

Im new here!
I'm looking to Get my First watch.
I've a budget of around > SGD$1000.
I'm on a back office job which require office daily Mon-Fri.
I hope the watch would also be suitable for Casual wear !

I seriously am new to the watch scene Hence i don't really dont know anything about watch. expect nice or not nice.
Just felt as I grow old , I should have a presentable timepiece on my wrist to carry myself better. :)

Sorry for this long message ! hope i could get some positive replies from those watch enthu here!

Where is patryn's list of questions when you need them
 

Wuxinren

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
738
Reaction score
0
壹千块的预算,如果要买瑞士錶款的话,美都(MIDO),梅花(TITONI),DAVOSA 基本石英款的应该不会超过。
平价一点,机械款的,这里多数錶友會推 天梭(TISSOT) Visodate 還是 LeLOCLE。除了天梭之外,建议你到Mustafa看看,有几款 汉米尔顿(Hamilton) 在1000元以下。
要不。。。就日本款了。

1000元预算实在够用的。。。瑞士錶方面也许只能買一只。但是日本錶,一千元就能捞起几只了。衬装/搭装錶款,多数錶友会建议,东方錶Bambino系列。我则推近期精工推出的“引擎减弱版”Cocktail,要是你懂得如何杀价的话,1000或者能够让你拿下三色吧。。。:D

谢谢你的提议我会参考参考
 

Melvyn_

Member
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Hi all,

Im new here!
I'm looking to Get my First watch.
I've a budget of around > SGD$1000.
I'm on a back office job which require office daily Mon-Fri.
I hope the watch would also be suitable for Casual wear !

I seriously am new to the watch scene Hence i don't really dont know anything about watch. expect nice or not nice.
Just felt as I grow old , I should have a presentable timepiece on my wrist to carry myself better. :)

Sorry for this long message ! hope i could get some positive replies from those watch enthu here!

My first watch was a Tissot T-race (Gold). A nice watch Not Automatic though. That was how I started my watch collection. Now, rocking a Tag. Next up, Looking for a Pan or Rolly. Hahah
 
Last edited:

Melvyn_

Member
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Hi Mel,
Thanks for reply! goggled it . saw it . very nice and beautiful.
think im more toward the sport watch type!

Indeed! If you're willing to expand your budget, the new T-Race 2017 (Gold) limited edition is automatic. Can go take a look at it.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
went to k2 just now.

Pepsi Sammy Rubber $395
Black Dial Sammy Bracelet $450
If change to rubber maybe can cheaper for black

go go go!

modern 62mas 43.5mm piece black and blue shld be in soon.
 
Last edited:

rboyboy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
4,863
Reaction score
121
went to k2 just now.

Pepsi Sammy Rubber $395
Black Dial Sammy Bracelet $450
If change to rubber maybe can cheaper for black

go go go!

modern 62mas 43.5mm piece black and blue shld be in soon.

Any idea how much he's selling Blue Lagoon Sammy? :s12:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top