The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Actually, i find that the Tisell is very good value for money. Built is good for the price you're paying for.

And it keeps pretty accurate time.

Its a bit too similar to my GMT and I have an SKX007 for daily beater. Very little wrist time for this Tisell
For the price it's good.

Movement, material, finishing decent.

Bracelet below average even if it's solid, not v well put together. Bezel is quite bad, very scratchy feeling. But for that price really can't hiam la.
 

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
14,671
Reaction score
8
For the price it's good.

Movement, material, finishing decent.

Bracelet below average even if it's solid, not v well put together. Bezel is quite bad, very scratchy feeling. But for that price really can't hiam la.
i actually thought that the ceramic bezel is quite ok.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Great info here man. Thanks for sharing. I heard they use sapphire glass for their watches to make it more scratch resistant.

iirc Only top-end watches will use real sapphire crystals, due to the high cost.

nowadays, most are using Synthetic sapphire crystal glass for watches.


And as more and more companies have access to the technology and equipment to produce sapphire crystal glass, it's relatively easy to find sapphire glass on some low-end watches like Seiko, Citizen. Therefore, having sapphire glass isn't something to boast about today.

And if you look at the watch quantity Aries Gold is producing, they definitely has the economies of scale to purchase in bulk or even have the capabilities to produce Synthetic sapphire crystal glass in-house

But If you own a high end watch like Patek, AP (Not vintage), you would expect Sapphire glass to be standard.
 
Last edited:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
575
Great info here man. Thanks for sharing. I heard they use sapphire glass for their watches to make it more scratch resistant.

Yeah cheap and keeps accurate time. Less than $500. Great for ple with a budget. Size quite big but not too heavy.
 

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
575
call rolex and ask lor.

dumb sia this question. like we all know.

I mean based on past years as reference, like how much increase. I heard from a watch salesman told me rolex just couple of years ago only like few thousand dollars but now increase so much till 5 digits figure. I dont follow rolex last time so i dont know. Im sorry.
 

doorsen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2014
Messages
10,153
Reaction score
0
Yeah cheap and keeps accurate time. Less than $500. Great for ple with a budget. Size quite big but not too heavy.

Original retail price was 571. But there was a 1-1 sale so he got it for around 280++. I'll have him show me the watch tmr :s13:
 

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
575
Original retail price was 571. But there was a 1-1 sale so he got it for around 280++. I'll have him show me the watch tmr :s13:

Can take a pic post here tml? That day i went back to H2 hub for repair saw aries gold got new model using silicon strap. Then also saw maserati got chut watches but i dont like.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I mean based on past years as reference, like how much increase. I heard from a watch salesman told me rolex just couple of years ago only like few thousand dollars but now increase so much till 5 digits figure. I dont follow rolex last time so i dont know. Im sorry.

Lol. I feel sorry for you
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Wishing for a little snow on a hot hot evening!!!

149ec5ac1b72a415ac853c46890b2159.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top