The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

razoreigns

Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
285
Reaction score
11
Busted one out of the box. It feels good~
tb0n96f.jpg

Very nice. But don't sell mm300 for this. =:p
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I see a daytonaC in your future :D



Thought u aiming for ap ro a while ago? Change of plans? Servicing cost too high?

But must say i also like the 62ams reissue. Esp the hands haha.

AP RO will always be on my radar. Just cannot afford it yet.
Wait till time is right. Maybe when I hit 30? Lol
Daytona no hurry. Hahaha can wait ah wait.

Hoot hoot hoot!62mas
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
AP RO will always be on my radar. Just cannot afford it yet.
Wait till time is right. Maybe when I hit 30? Lol
Daytona no hurry. Hahaha can wait ah wait.

Hoot hoot hoot!62mas

62MAS (vintage) or the reissue?
 

snowver

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
0
U hoot liao what. It should be keep keep keep!:D

AP RO will always be on my radar. Just cannot afford it yet.
Wait till time is right. Maybe when I hit 30? Lol
Daytona no hurry. Hahaha can wait ah wait.

Hoot hoot hoot!62mas
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Tempting but I always feel uneasy with kickstarter projects.

You getting one?

Well lets see how. My previous experience with a KS tech gadget wasn't good either. I supported a portable coffee machine on KS. It was fully funded close to 300% but the owner decided to cancel the whole campaign and refund all the money back, citing mfg issues...

I will go back home tonight and let my crazy nerves settle down a little bit and then re visit this KS tomorrow. if the urge is still there then I will support one.
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
Well lets see how. My previous experience with a KS tech gadget wasn't good either. I supported a portable coffee machine on KS. It was fully funded close to 300% but the owner decided to cancel the whole campaign and refund all the money back, citing mfg issues...

I will go back home tonight and let my crazy nerves settle down a little bit and then re visit this KS tomorrow. if the urge is still there then I will support one.

Even the ever popular Pebble did their refund for their final campaign! Nothing is certain. I have stuff which only delivered after 2 years. Some ran away with my money. :(
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
That's true slow_mo
it's a crowd funding platform to support innovations and ideas.

I still remember your pebble case. And gosh! So fast 2 years just flew by us lolx
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Well lets see how. My previous experience with a KS tech gadget wasn't good either. I supported a portable coffee machine on KS. It was fully funded close to 300% but the owner decided to cancel the whole campaign and refund all the money back, citing mfg issues...

I will go back home tonight and let my crazy nerves settle down a little bit and then re visit this KS tomorrow. if the urge is still there then I will support one.

A few rotten eggs is bound to be there
It's a gamble when u shop online may it be KS, or eBay or taobao
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
5,198
Question : In sg context, would wearing a solid gold (eg Rolex or AP) watch for daily office wear be weird? Seen anyone do that? Could be leather strap if bracelet is too bling..

Or would it be more for special occasions which for most of us would be like maybe 3 times a year.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
There are quite a few other brands that are cheaper than nomos and all comes with the Brauhaus design. Rodina with a seagull movement, Brathwait with a swiss movement, Junghans Max bill with a German movement, and the Zeno Basel with a swiss movement, The Tsovet brauhaus, Linjer. All from $300 to $1200.

Would go with the Brathwait. Especially the one with the swiss automatic movement. Made in Swiss too. And easy for watch maker to service the movement.

Junghans iirc all using ETA or SW
http://wornandwound.com/review/hands-on-with-max-bill-watches-by-junghans/
 

bolts

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
636
I see.but what are the difference between made in Japan and made in other places?

Also is it better to get with local warranty or international?

Seiko keeps their best watches for their domestic market.

I have a Seiko JDM, the quality is pretty amazing. Just go for the JDM models. The SARX033/035 are reputed to be mini grand seikos in terms of build and finishing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top