The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
I like the interaction process of winding it and all but I think we agree the process is tedious if u have to switch watches everyday and set the date :o

I don't belong in this club. I don't even mind setting date on nomos
 

snowver

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
0
White gold is fine. Yellow if you are really baller haha. Old ppl also no problem i think. Just my 2 cents.

Question : In sg context, would wearing a solid gold (eg Rolex or AP) watch for daily office wear be weird? Seen anyone do that? Could be leather strap if bracelet is too bling..

Or would it be more for special occasions which for most of us would be like maybe 3 times a year.
 

bolts

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
636
Question : In sg context, would wearing a solid gold (eg Rolex or AP) watch for daily office wear be weird? Seen anyone do that? Could be leather strap if bracelet is too bling..

Or would it be more for special occasions which for most of us would be like maybe 3 times a year.

A couple of old uncles in my office are wearing gold watches.

The youngsters are all on steel. Depend on your taste
 

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
17,420
Reaction score
1,465
Question : In sg context, would wearing a solid gold (eg Rolex or AP) watch for daily office wear be weird? Seen anyone do that? Could be leather strap if bracelet is too bling..

Or would it be more for special occasions which for most of us would be like maybe 3 times a year.

I'd never touch a full solid gold watch case with gold bracelet with a ten feet pole. It's just too "look at me". That is why u hardly see one designed or paired that way. Even gold case + white gold bracelet / leather is still mehhh.

Rose gold on the other hand is totally different.
 

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
17,420
Reaction score
1,465
A few rotten eggs is bound to be there
It's a gamble when u shop online may it be KS, or eBay or taobao

I think the problem is that there is no certainty because e product is not mass produced yet.

Anyway I've heard mostly negative stuffs about KS or indiegogo and e likes.
 

cichlid

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
2,961
Reaction score
1,068
VSkyRDD.jpg

Hi guys, my colleague ask me to check what is the value of his watch ref 116244
Original diamond bezel and with cert, no box.
Any idea? Thanks!
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Question : In sg context, would wearing a solid gold (eg Rolex or AP) watch for daily office wear be weird? Seen anyone do that? Could be leather strap if bracelet is too bling..

Or would it be more for special occasions which for most of us would be like maybe 3 times a year.

If I buy gold. I wear it.
Lol. Who cares what ppl think. If buy and 1 year wear 2-3 times.
I might as well buy a few stainless and wear them.

Wanna be understated yet Satki. Buy vintage. Under the radar.
Ppl who know will know what's up.
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
5,198
White gold is fine. Yellow if you are really baller haha. Old ppl also no problem i think. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah its still out of place hor in Sg....

A couple of old uncles in my office are wearing gold watches.

The youngsters are all on steel. Depend on your taste

I see youngsters wearing gold dress watches type... like the calatrava or patrimony style. But yeah since the age of the Rolex sub and Royal oak steel still steals the show.. haha

I'd never touch a full solid gold watch case with gold bracelet with a ten feet pole. It's just too "look at me". That is why u hardly see one designed or paired that way. Even gold case + white gold bracelet / leather is still mehhh.

Rose gold on the other hand is totally different.

I was thinking rose gold in actual fact. Something about rose gold draws me to it.
Something like this is rather subtle dont you think?

ml_image.3091183.jpg
 

cichlid

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
2,961
Reaction score
1,068
Could someone educate me on the Watchco Omega Seamaster?
Really like the design.
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
5,198
If I buy gold. I wear it.
Lol. Who cares what ppl think. If buy and 1 year wear 2-3 times.
I might as well buy a few stainless and wear them.

Wanna be understated yet Satki. Buy vintage. Under the radar.
Ppl who know will know what's up.

haha...the truth is I think I care or else I might as well hantam wear any watch as long as it tells time. But yah I see your point, as long as not too over the top, if like just wear.

Buy white gold. Might as well buy stainless.
Ppl buy gold for the color haha

Agree white gold like undercut oneself...pay so much and looks like steel.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,860
Reaction score
719
Could someone educate me on the Watchco Omega Seamaster?
Really like the design.

watchco seamasters are assembled from actual NOS omega service parts to resemble a vintage SM300
Price is much lesser than an actual vintage, but you get a "new" vintage watch
Purists will kpkb that it is not an officially released watch by Omega
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
haha...the truth is I think I care or else I might as well hantam wear any watch as long as it tells time. But yah I see your point, as long as not too over the top, if like just wear.



Agree white gold like undercut oneself...pay so much and looks like steel.

hahaha if wanna buy gold and keep, like waste money.
buy and wear. nobody can say crap about you.

life is short bro
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
watchco seamasters are assembled from actual NOS omega service parts to resemble a vintage SM300
Price is much lesser than an actual vintage, but you get a "new" vintage watch
Purists will kpkb that it is not an officially released watch by Omega

aka franken :s13:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top