The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donten

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the views!

may i ask, why is it rubbish? because of the movement?

i think the internal bezel mechanism is kind of cool.. but not sure if its worth it

iwc got garbage resale. gaoxing will know. as pedestrian as a rolex can be, at 7.7k you can get true inhouse almost everything. 7.7k for a eta is atrocious value. a 4k+ pelagos gets ceramic bezel and 72hour power reserve in house movement.

edit: the movement inside the iwc can be found in watches that cost less than 1k(with different level of finishing). 6k for branding isnt worth in my books.
 
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Thanks for the views!

may i ask, why is it rubbish? because of the movement?

i think the internal bezel mechanism is kind of cool.. but not sure if its worth it

lol too big, eta movement. etc etc.

iwc dont pay a whole of attention to their divers lately.

the older ones still can buy
 

whottt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,811
Reaction score
195
iwc got garbage resale. gaoxing will know. as pedestrian as a rolex can be, at 7.7k you can get true inhouse almost everything. 7.7k for a eta is atrocious value. a 4k+ pelagos gets ceramic bezel and 72hour power reserve in house movement.

edit: the movement inside the iwc can be found in watches that cost less than 1k(with different level of finishing). 6k for branding isnt worth in my books.
I see, got it. Thanks!

Bros, I'm looking for a diver that i can use for daily wear at around this price range, but I don't want a sub or a sub look-alike.... any recommendations other than the PO or seamaster 300? (tried it, seems like omega does not fit to my wrist well)
 
Last edited:

Donten

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
0
I see, got it. Thanks!

Bros, I'm looking for a diver that i can use for daily wear at around this price range, but I don't want a sub or a sub look-alike.... any recommendations other than the PO or seamaster 300? (tried it, seems like omega does not fit to my wrist well)

the current sla017/sbdx019 is hot stuff. but 5k for a seiko you can tank? they are legit watch makers. my friend describe seiko as the ghetto rolex.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I see, got it. Thanks!

Bros, I'm looking for a diver that i can use for daily wear at around this price range, but I don't want a sub or a sub look-alike.... any recommendations other than the PO or seamaster 300? (tried it, seems like omega does not fit to my wrist well)

lol all these are sub look alike.

daily wear diver can actually try pelagos. titanium and got this very understated look.

unless you wanna try the sm300 which can be gotten at 6plus?
co-axial movement
 

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
18,214
Reaction score
5,198
I see, got it. Thanks!

Bros, I'm looking for a diver that i can use for daily wear at around this price range, but I don't want a sub or a sub look-alike.... any recommendations other than the PO or seamaster 300? (tried it, seems like omega does not fit to my wrist well)

Sinn? Panerai? JLC Pre-owned Master Compressor line?
 
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
the current sla017/sbdx019 is hot stuff. but 5k for a seiko you can tank? they are legit watch makers. my friend describe seiko as the ghetto rolex.

sex. japan power. seiko power. my most expensive seiko. jin scary.

in house movement, solid bezel, lacquered insert like ceramic, solid 39.9mm case with well polished sides and integrated lugs.
bloody good lume > rolex.

got rubber and bracelet.

sibei solid watch + its 2000 pieces limited worldwide.

a almost accurate vintage reissue.
 

Longtimenoc

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
738
Reaction score
28
hey guys. newbie here. been reading the thread for awhile but never did post anything.

quick question from all the pros. any recommendation for a sub $3k watch that is both versatile and simple that can be worn at any occasion?

im open to any suggestions! saw the sinn 104 online and it looks super gorgeous.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT

If you want to buy new and can wear a 42mm case, I wholeheartedly recommend a Longines Heritage Legend diver. A really impressive watch that straddles the difficult price point between the sub-$1000 Seiko and microbrand budgets, and the Tudor and Breitling markets in the $4000 range (and above). Can dress up or dress down as you please.

1IYrfG4.jpg


Alternatively with a 3K budget, you could build a solid 3-watch collection with cash to spare ;)

1) Seiko Alpinist SARB017 - Classic Field/Tool watch; $550 thereabouts
2) Seiko "Cocktail Time" SARB065 - Dressy elegance; $580 approximately
3) Halios Seaforth - very nice microbrand diver, first run sold out but orders might open again in a few weeks. About $1000.

a56c84e438fef1db92779acd0c437ade--watches.jpg


Keep the remaining $1000 for when the itch needs scratching again in...I'd say six months!:s13: :s13: Trust me, it WILL bite.

Happy Hunting!
 

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
17,420
Reaction score
1,465
Zenith Elite Ultra Thin get from grey or pre-owned stretch your dollar into maybe low $3k? 100 hour power reserve :eek:

Zenith-Elite-6150-watch-ablogtowatch-3.jpg

Or an FC moonphase

Or just the FC moonline

Both are within 3K, I suppose

I'm sorry I'm too lazy to Google for e pics :o

Fits underneath shirts with cuffs, suits. Goes well with berms, khakis.

1 thing that it doesn't fit imo are jeans. If u like to wear jeans a lot, get a bracelet model. It's more versatile than a leather watch.
 

Donten

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
0
sex. japan power. seiko power. my most expensive seiko. jin scary.

in house movement, solid bezel, lacquered insert like ceramic, solid 39.9mm case with well polished sides and integrated lugs.
bloody good lume > rolex.

got rubber and bracelet.

sibei solid watch + its 2000 pieces limited worldwide.

a almost accurate vintage reissue.

theres still a stigma that its only a seiko. not everybody can take it. its inhouse but i would say the 8l35 isnt as strong as rolex run of the mill 3130. but easily can fight any swiss 10k and below.
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
如果"这4000以下"的康头是真的。。。我应该马上开始存钱了。。。好在2018农历新年前,入手一只!
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
lol all these are sub look alike.

daily wear diver can actually try pelagos. titanium and got this very understated look.

unless you wanna try the sm300 which can be gotten at 6plus?
co-axial movement
Second the Pelagos. Respected, fits everywhere tbh and super comfy.

And if you're a lume ***** I swear this is the best one yet.
 

bolts

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,467
Reaction score
636
I see, got it. Thanks!

Bros, I'm looking for a diver that i can use for daily wear at around this price range, but I don't want a sub or a sub look-alike.... any recommendations other than the PO or seamaster 300? (tried it, seems like omega does not fit to my wrist well)

If u dun want a rolex sub look-alike but still want a dive watch, then u probably are looking at something without a rotating dive bezel.

Try the Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 or the unconventional looking nomos Ahoi.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
theres still a stigma that its only a seiko. not everybody can take it. its inhouse but i would say the 8l35 isnt as strong as rolex run of the mill 3130. but easily can fight any swiss 10k and below.

yeap. i also paid 5k for it. people say i siao on.

i say this one is you know means you know. buay hiao means buay hiao. which is good.
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,874
Reaction score
730
versatile dress hard unless he dress dapper casual.

I feel Tudor BB is more versatile than mm300.
Tudor can still go with office wear, but mm300 is definitely out, both are ok for casual.
speedmaster also versatile if you don't mind preown
 

whottt

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,811
Reaction score
195
Second the Pelagos. Respected, fits everywhere tbh and super comfy.

And if you're a lume ***** I swear this is the best one yet.
is it weird if i buy the pelagos LHD when i'm a right hander?
I like the red words and date window lol...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top