The Watch Thread - Part 16

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi , been seeing these watches selling Live on Facebook ... Brand is Tomaz. Anyone heard of them? Watch is beautiful and colorful and price is affordable even have 5 yr warranty.

Anyone bought before any feedbacks?
630f6068-50b1-43e8-9731-44697c7b43ec
Looks like fashion brand and the font choice is terrible imho

Egg Tart 33

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if there's any recommendation for watch openers here. I bought 1 repair kit from Lazada, everything is fine except for the watch case opener which I find it v difficult to use

As u can see the middle section of the opener is actually hollow, so the watch always slip through. I have to stuff a piece of cloth below to make it easier to hold. Even then the grip is also difficult to get correct, easily dislodge or fall out

VCEPBSa.jpg

LYqPeCI.jpg

Egg Tart 33

Reaction score
I saw this online which looks much better, as can see the four little stubs will help to hold the case better. Any one using this type any feedbacks?

8VJlOy0.jpg

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if there's any recommendation for watch openers here. I bought 1 repair kit from Lazada, everything is fine except for the watch case opener which I find it v difficult to use
As u can see the middle section of the opener is actually hollow, so the watch always slip through. I have to stuff a piece of cloth below to make it easier to hold. Even then the grip is also difficult to get correct, easily dislodge or fall out
VCEPBSa.jpg

LYqPeCI.jpg

Mine even worse, 2 prongs only. Also have to use a cloth to have a better grip. Else can try this
BbtXRCI.jpeg

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
sQUxr0L.jpg

Have tried a number of straps with Delugs (first two straps from the left), which are simply superlative. Proud of this local brand.
So atas, both the watch and strap. All my straps are dirt cheap ard $10. Still rmb last time the brand Paros is quite popular hahha. Nowadays switch back all my watches to bracelet

bubblemunche

Reaction score
So atas, both the watch and strap. All my straps are dirt cheap ard $10. Still rmb last time the brand Paros is quite popular hahha. Nowadays switch back all my watches to bracelet
I remember Paros as well, and they make decent straps. In fact, it was the first leather strap I got for a Zenith.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I must say that the USD50-150 strap range are really a cut above the below USD50 one, and give one way more satisfaction. I think in that below USD50 range, Nomad's higher end straps compare quite well, just that the length is a bit long and there's no option to shorten (which is sad, I have given them feedback on this but I suppose Asia market is not really their primary focus or something, so I stick to their 18mm straps which are more acceptable in length). I do think that it is questionable if straps above that price range (>$150) are offering much more, or if the difference is that discernible unless you are a real leather nerd or something.

Delugs is pretty good, and they seem to know what the market wants. Which is more than what I can say for some of the other strapmakers in that price bracket.. I wonder if they've overtaken B&R in popularity on a global scale by now, for example.

It's nice to see Singapore's flag flying in the horological world, both in microbrands and in straps. :)

bubblemunche

Reaction score
I must say that the USD50-150 strap range are really a cut above the below USD50 one, and give one way more satisfaction. I think in that below USD50 range, Nomad's higher end straps compare quite well, just that the length is a bit long and there's no option to shorten (which is sad, I have given them feedback on this but I suppose Asia market is not really their primary focus or something, so I stick to their 18mm straps which are more acceptable in length). I do think that it is questionable if straps above that price range (>$150) are offering much more, or if the difference is that discernible unless you are a real leather nerd or something.

Delugs is pretty good, and they seem to know what the market wants. Which is more than what I can say for some of the other strapmakers in that price bracket.. I wonder if they've overtaken B&R in popularity on a global scale by now, for example.

It's nice to see Singapore's flag flying in the horological world, both in microbrands and in straps. :)
Very well-analyzed, and I am in total agreement with you on this.

Besides the quality of straps, communications plays a huge role as well in customer satisfaction. Delugs was very prompt in addressing my queries, and helpful with their recommendations. It's a very different story when I was trying to get another alligator strap from an established French strap maker a number of years back, who was rather haughty.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Went to try Watch today. Considering this annual calendar vs calatrava 5196g. Problem is new calatrava patek don’t even have see through window at the back anymore.

and Rolex just for fun:

But honestly Rolex as a brand and design doesn’t resonate with me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.