The Watch Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

chows99

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
1,805
Reaction score
107
S$100 administrative fee

10% PQP of the appropriate month and quota category for a COE

$280 annual road tax

At least third-party risks insurance covering the entire road tax period.

Inspection once in 2 years

Thanks bro! Sounds reasonable for a 2nd car. The question is to get a good condition car which is quite hard right
 

BasicOne

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2010
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
1

chickenbackside

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
2,292
Reaction score
0
Thanks bro! Sounds reasonable for a 2nd car. The question is to get a good condition car which is quite hard right
That's why it's only tempting when you know it's a sound car, the history...etc. And of course, the previous owner being much richer than you and knowing the mechanic who rebuilt the car helps...
 

RadEoNic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
58,202
Reaction score
4,035
saw the ball trainmaster moonphase watch yesterday. was quoted 2.2k like that
photo-1.jpg


credits: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f239/ball-trainmaster-moon-phase-welcome-back-lit-moon-2550242.html

but i feel that the christopher ward one nicer.........just very slightly cheaper after taking into account offers, shipping and tax (abt 1.9k, excluding GST)

Christopher-Ward-C9-Moonphase-Watch-1.jpg


credits: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/christopher-ward-c9-moonphase-watch/

may buy one to mark my promotion next bonus year if bonus is good

any comments?
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
dont come this thread lor. hoot liao den come gpgt... :D

Cannot leh. This thread hard to Siam. Lol especially I am always in this sub forum.

Need antidote. But antidote ex Hahaha

Slowly ba. :)
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Don't talk to me about audio.... My Hum Pristine custom haven't even arrived, I already tio poisoned by the Lime Ears Aether.... That one really is indescribable. At $2.2k, it's well priced for a flagship customs too.... But I will hold out....

Speaking of mid-end earphones, Jaben is now selling the Ocharaku Flat4 Sui at a very good price. Going down over the weekend to test it out as I've always been interested in the Ocharaku sound ever since they first appeared. Praying that I don't like it....

Well. Same lor haha goes for watches. No end.
Heng I stop at one ciem and one good dap. Done deal.
Hardware also no end. Lol
 

Lurker_13

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
1
RadEoNic; said:
but i feel that the christopher ward one nicer.........just very slightly cheaper after taking into account offers, shipping and tax (abt 1.9k, excluding GST)

one to mark my promotion next bonus year if bonus is good

any comments?

Stock pics are alws very tempting de... I also like the CW one better... :D but hor mus see the watch in person...
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
Tried selling my Rollies on Carousell but it was a blood vomiting experience with all sorts of lowballers and ridiculous propositions.

Anyone bought expensive watches from Carousell before? Be it new or preowned. What are your experiences? Yay or nay?
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
how to settle when submariner = the "real" diver. lol sure itchy hands.

nvm nvm, got to curb. just keep telling myself, bo lui.

slowly slowly climb the ladder. hahahaha!

Prefer the GMT or YMT, as the bubbleback of Sub doesn't feel comfy against my wrist

wah seh, really a nice hubby!!
u saving up for simi watch ah, can sic anot? :D

Eyeing either Omega Constellation
3095390c_xxl.jpg


Or Longines Prima Luna
2733545gross.jpg


Or Tag heuer Aquaracer
2352250gross.jpg

Carousell is Heng Sway. For sellers, you will get ridiculous low ballers. I received offer of $10K for my AP Panda :eek: but eventually managed to flip it for nearly a $1K profit :D

For buyers, it is luck on the type of sellers you meet. Just play safe as with purchasing from any other non-AD sources, get it authenticated before paying and check every thing properly, papers, box and carefully scrutinize the watch.
Personally I will look for pieces with some warranty left as there is no way to know if the watch is running slow or fast during the transaction.

Same when you sell things in forums. lowballers always around.

It takes time. I also last time first watch jiu rush to get Steinhart and didn't even take a second look at Seiko.

Nowadays keep drooling over Seiko Baby Tuna, FFF etc :s13:

Not really. 6 months before ORD jiu read up a lot of Fliegers and after ORD work for 3 months to save up and finally buy a proper first watch.

Wanted the first one to be something "atas" mah at that time.

Since after Steinhart I can't progress further liao, might as well move to lower price bracket and whack all the Seikos :s13:

I am looking to collect unique and value for money brands in future, such as the real Seiko Tuna, Sinn, Stowa, Damasko, Nomos. Don't wanna have a herd mentality and end up having same watches as most people.

Move up to Tag Heuer lor. Link or Aquaracer is a good upgrade from Steinhart
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
Tried selling my Rollies on Carousell but it was a blood vomiting experience with all sorts of lowballers and ridiculous propositions.

I started putting up the highest offer that I rejected on my listings, hopefully that will prevent the lowballers from offering on my items.

Well. Same lor haha goes for watches. No end.
Heng I stop at one ciem and one good dap. Done deal.
Hardware also no end. Lol

But watches alot more expensive than audio.... For one Panerai, I can get my dream ideal desktop and portable rigs and still have leftover change...

Plus I feel that audio is easier to avoid poisoning than watches...
 

Ye_Rongtian

Banned
Joined
Dec 4, 2000
Messages
57,057
Reaction score
14,379
Not really. 6 months before ORD jiu read up a lot of Fliegers and after ORD work for 3 months to save up and finally buy a proper first watch.

Wanted the first one to be something "atas" mah at that time.

Since after Steinhart I can't progress further liao, might as well move to lower price bracket and whack all the Seikos :s13:

I am looking to collect unique and value for money brands in future, such as the real Seiko Tuna, Sinn, Stowa, Damasko, Nomos. Don't wanna have a herd mentality and end up having same watches as most people.

Sent from 10 Buangkok View, Buangkok Green Medical Park using GAGT

Seiko is a good and value for money brand. In fact, Seiko, Orient and Citizen are all good.

Last time used to lust after Royal Orient and Citizen Grand Signature but couldn't afford it. Could only afford the cheapo Seiko 007 and Monster. Once I started working, slowly moved to Sumo, Shogun, Tuna Quartz. Now my final collection consist only of: Spring Drive 600m Tuna, 1000m Auto Emperor Tuna, MarineMaster 300m, and the latest Grail, Grand Seiko 42mm watch. My collection is not complete without the Hi-Beat I know. :s13: Waiting for it to be release in regular JDM watch like the spring drive tuna.
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
But watches alot more expensive than audio.... For one Panerai, I can get my dream ideal desktop and portable rigs and still have leftover change...

Plus I feel that audio is easier to avoid poisoning than watches...

really depends... for someone who's not really an audiophile but still wants a decent home theater set up without breaking the bank, they would usually go for common brands such as:
Samsung, Panasonic, Philip, Sony, RCA, LG, Pioneer

Those with more cash...
Denon, Yamaha, Bose, Onkyo, Harman etc

and the list goes on and on... :D
 

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
5,781
Reaction score
2
Seiko is a good and value for money brand. In fact, Seiko, Orient and Citizen are all good.

Last time used to lust after Royal Orient and Citizen Grand Signature but couldn't afford it. Could only afford the cheapo Seiko 007 and Monster. Once I started working, slowly moved to Sumo, Shogun, Tuna Quartz. Now my final collection consist only of: Spring Drive 600m Tuna, 1000m Auto Emperor Tuna, MarineMaster 300m, and the latest Grail, Grand Seiko 42mm watch. My collection is not complete without the Hi-Beat I know. :s13: Waiting for it to be release in regular JDM watch like the spring drive tuna.

these 2 already full of win liao....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top