Kumar22
Arch-Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2019
- Messages
- 16,767
- Reaction score
- 6,408
I was manning one of the polling stations yesterday, and I got a lot of questions from friends so I thought you guys would be interested too.
Common questions:
"My polling station is too far away, why can't I vote here? Same GRC what" - We can only allow you to vote at your designated polling station, I don't know why. No, I can't change the rules just for you. No, the fact that you ............
This I can easily answer for you.
You are designated to vote in 1 place, because they count the votes by precinct. In fact this year have more precincts, so even smaller cut.
A precinct in the past could be 10 blocks, yesterday it was like 4-5.
They won't know how you voted but they will know how this precinct voted.
You see the sign A1 A2 etc. That's the precinct.
All votes from A1 zone go to A1 box. After voting over it's sealed. And brought to counting centre. The votes counted by precinct. So A1 counted at 1 table or 1 part, A2 different B1 and so forth.
Votes separated into 3 piles
1 for Candidate A
2 for candidate B
3 for spoilt/contested votes.
So straight up you can see from each precinct, who leading. Each counted then tally combined. Of course got check, double check etc.
Final tally faxed to RO to declare on TV.
So the party can know, ELd will know which precinct voted which way.
Say blks 1-6 Toa payoh is 1 precinct, they can see got 1000 voters
700 voted for PAP, 282 for SPP and 18 spoilt votes
Then blks 7-15 voted this way for the next 1000
PAP 499 SPP 488 spoilt 13.
So maybe next time, Rivervale Cres got 8 new blocks built. They enbloc Blk 1-6 TP and give them new flats in Blk 991A-D to 992 A-D Rivervale. Straight up this new precinct has around 700 PAP voters (from TP)



