I think u r right with your first sentence and you can never rule out the scenario mentioned in your last sentence. Think about it, it’s not hard to find that someone around you with nothing much yet they own a branded watch, sports car right. It depends on upbringing and money management skills.
Anyway, the price will drop big time eventually, due to sellers who need money and a drop in demand. Whether it’s below rrp or not depends on the severity and duration of this pandemic. A lot of us don’t run business, which is a good thing for now. If not for government aid this month, you will see a lot of SME business owners selling all kinds of things to fund the operations, rolexes included. That’s why government is so serious about all of us staying at home to fix this problem once and for all. If not, businesses will continue to remain close, some will go bankruptcy, unemployment will shoot up and by then sellers will flood the market. For grey dealer, which I mentioned 1-2 weeks ago, it’s blood bath. No one will buy their stocks now. Rolex has no choice but to push out more of their “limited” sports models soon to drive sales. I read and i am of the view that some of you here are delusional to believe rolex has no financial needs. The Executives and staff in total earn millions if not billions a year, someone above them will demand a business plan on how to balance the operation cost for this year, next and go so.
I been thru 08, I can only tell u that rolex is not that hot or in demand when the asset prices in the world come crashing down.