Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

spurman

Reaction score
ADs pushing me the following models. looks boring. :(

Datejust 41 (reference 126333-0012)
Datejust 41mm in Oystersteel and Yellow gold with Jubilee Bracelet (M126333-0018)
Datejust (M126233-0033) in yellow Rolesor
Datejust (M126231-0025) in Everose Rolesor
Datejust 41 M126333-0002
Datejust 41 M126331-00

Dj in rosegold domed 41mm with choxolate dial will be nice.
Or in yellowgold oyster with blackdial. Domed too. Looks like explorer 2t large

SG-NATO

Reaction score
Dj in rosegold domed 41mm with choxolate dial will be nice.
Or in yellowgold oyster with blackdial. Domed too. Looks like explorer 2t large
Am thinking of getting the chocolate dial as well. Now thinking of which AD i should get from .. still hope i can get a rootbeer from the AD.

spurman

Reaction score
Am thinking of getting the chocolate dial as well. Now thinking of which AD i should get from .. still hope i can get a rootbeer from the AD.
If can wait. Lets wait.
I wish to get the rootbeer and the 2t skydweller this yr too. Aim 2t this yr as its more realistic to get than ss. Hee.

I wont mind a 2t sub as well. I need to add more. Hehe. Only have a sd43. And loving it. The weight is just awesome. Once get used to heavy watch. Difficult to look at light ones currently. Lol. Hence now aim 2 tones.

Tbh. Love the rosegold so much now. Really cant wait for a rootbeer

Clock

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If can wait. Lets wait.
I wish to get the rootbeer and the 2t skydweller this yr too. Aim 2t this yr as its more realistic to get than ss. Hee.

I wont mind a 2t sub as well. I need to add more. Hehe. Only have a sd43. And loving it. The weight is just awesome. Once get used to heavy watch. Difficult to look at light ones currently. Lol. Hence now aim 2 tones.

dont think will get a chance to buy from AD at all.
my friends are all snapping up the ladies datejust 31mm and wait to flip.
very soon, you wont even have Cellinis in the store. ppl will start flipping Cellini as well.

the day of walking into an empty rolex AD with 1 salesperson will come soon.

spurman

Reaction score
dont think will get a chance to buy from AD at all.
my friends are all snapping up the ladies datejust 31mm and wait to flip.
very soon, you wont even have Cellinis in the store. ppl will start flipping Cellini as well.

the day of walking into an empty rolex AD with 1 salesperson will come soon.
Dim see display of cellini in my ad shop too. Guess might be discon?

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
If can wait. Lets wait.

why do u sound like it's a must to add more? watch is a want. haha

spurman

Reaction score
why do u sound like it's a must to add more? watch is a want. haha
Haiz. Got into this hobby late. Hee. So now watches r a want leow. Lol.

But prob a yr ago. The watches i wanted and now differs a bit. Earlier was hype prob. Like wanting the kermit. Pepsis.

But now yearning for larger or heavier watches.

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
Haiz. Got into this hobby late. Hee. So now watches r a want leow. Lol.

But prob a yr ago. The watches i wanted and now differs a bit. Earlier was hype prob. Like wanting the kermit. Pepsis.

But now yearning for larger or heavier watches.
haha ok.. better to wait a few months to see if the prices ease a bit?

spurman

Reaction score
haha ok.. better to wait a few months to see if the prices ease a bit?
Patience. But i doubt prices will ease. Maybe small dip but eventually rise or stable.

Many many people like you and me love rolexes. Hee.

Meanwhile rotating my sd with my aaron kwok hydroquest. Hee.

And hope for the rootbeer and the 2t skydweller. Maybe then i might really turn my back on ss models then

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
Patience. But i doubt prices will ease. Maybe small dip but eventually rise or stable.

Many many people like you and me love rolexes. Hee.

Meanwhile rotating my sd with my aaron kwok hydroquest. Hee.

And hope for the rootbeer and the 2t skydweller. Maybe then i might really turn my back on ss models then
can I ask what made u buy your first rolex?

SG-NATO

Reaction score
If can wait. Lets wait.

can dm me which AD u going to start that relationship? :p

Hyphos

Master Member
Reaction score
My Rolex's warranty is ending next month, should I bring go to AD for servicing? No issues though.

slinzx

Reaction score
My Rolex's warranty is ending next month, should I bring go to AD for servicing? No issues though.
why would you wanna go for servicing just because warranty is ending? rolex technician that i know of used to tell me if your watch is working fine even after 10 yrs, no need to go servicing. they minimize opening the backcase of their own watch, because once you open, fine dust will enter in. but then, without us these people going servicing, rolex wouldnt have so much extra money to earn.

AlohaBeach

Reaction score
Just found out that Hour Glass doesn’t do resizing of Rolex without bringing a guarantee card plus you have to wait a few days. This is quite different from a few years back when they would readily assist to resize the watch. Quite obvious they don’t want to do so but seriously, with so many sales people doing nothing in the show room plus you are an AD, you should be okay providing this service.

C4l3b

Reaction score
Just found out that Hour Glass doesn’t do resizing of Rolex without bringing a guarantee card plus you have to wait a few days. This is quite different from a few years back when they would readily assist to resize the watch. Quite obvious they don’t want to do so but seriously, with so many sales people doing nothing in the show room plus you are an AD, you should be okay providing this service.
They do.. if you are their customer. But if you buy grey and expect them to help? That’s a joke.
send to rsc better

AlohaBeach

Reaction score
They do.. if you are their customer. But if you buy grey and expect them to help? That’s a joke.
send to rsc better
They didn’t even ask if I was a customer. If don’t want to help, then don’t be an AD. This is part and parcel of the AD’s job. Also if they have Rolex models to sell, feel free to call me :) right now got zero men’s sized models to sell.
Anyway, in time, I believe all these middle men will be taken out - just like what AP has done. Just a matter of time only.

slinzx

Reaction score

yup, coz not all staffs are knowledgeable till can use naked eyes and see if the watch is a fake. hence now everywhere practice is to make sure you have a G card when you do resizing.
they help la, but they also will check the serial no. whether its bought from them and how come is another person bring here to resize instead of the former buyer.

slinzx

Reaction score
send to rsc better

why not? as long as you got a g card , they can do it for u. i have already done a few times. no questions asked.

AlohaBeach

Reaction score
yup, coz not all staffs are knowledgeable till can use naked eyes and see if the watch is a fake. hence now everywhere practice is to make sure you have a G card when you do resizing.
they help la, but they also will check the serial no. whether its bought from them and how come is another person bring here to resize instead of the former buyer.
About 7-8 years back when I brought my watch to them, they just adjusted happily and service was good. Seems like now they are getting arrogant just because demand is high. Bringing warranty card fair enough, but to have someone wait a few days? That is clearly just a way to try to avoid the task.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.