Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Rose gold is like that, it is supposed to be a lot more subtle than yellow gold. i think Rolex everose already more striking compared to others. I like it this way. The AP rose gold for me look too similar to their yellow gold, somehow more bronze looking than Rose gold. I only like the Rolex yellow gold of certain combinations, eg the John Mayer dial. Apart from that, I find it too yellow, eg the ones on the Day Date. Maybe it is nicer for some people this way.
Strangely, when I compared Rolex ever rose gold to Patek or even a Breguet, it seems duller..maybe lightings playing tricks..
Nevertheless, I do agree on AP as until now I still unable to figure out AP Roo honeycomb is really consider RG..
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
I doubt overseas can get sub / gmt without bundle. If you subscribe to the various YouTube channels of overseas watch reviewers and go through the comments there by the subscribers, many are still lamenting how hard it is to get sub / gmt without bundle or purchase history. Of course there are the exceptions, most likely of the social media influencers and those with certain connections in the AD.
According to my friends in Switzerland now, no Rolex watches there. Plenty of omega etc..
 

Superspeso

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
62
Prior to this drop, AD has been calling clients for Datejust..plenty of stocks will be displayed for sales very soon..hopefully with discounts in the pipeline
I saw DJ on display available for purchase and saw someone walk in and buy 31mm SS DJ from display. quite a few around me been receiving calls for AK and Exp 1
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I saw DJ on display available for purchase and saw someone walk in and buy 31mm SS DJ from display. quite a few around me been receiving calls for AK and Exp 1
Because those 2 are shitter from start. Nobody wants them. Airking is downright fugly. Explorer is a flop by going back to 36. The 39mm is perfect for it being a modern explorer.

Tides will only really start to see a change when ad keep calling you for at least a sub no date.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Because those 2 are shitter from start. Nobody wants them. Airking is downright fugly. Explorer is a flop by going back to 36. The 39mm is perfect for it being a modern explorer.

Tides will only really start to see a change when ad keep calling you for at least a sub no date.
Early this year whenI visited GD and imagined how shocked I was when AK was going at almost $20k..everything seems insane..this downturn is truly good for the watch community..
 

Thenewatchmen

Banned
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Messages
482
Reaction score
522
I saw DJ on display available for purchase and saw someone walk in and buy 31mm SS DJ from display. quite a few around me been receiving calls for AK and Exp 1
Hi, I am new here and finally created account. Do you really have friends recently got calls for exp1? I think iit’s looks very nice, but a tad too small. I hope to get one nevertheless.

however , I do see online that many people get Roman dials datejust, on jubilee, in weird dial colours too. I guess DJ and OP is easy to get correct? Or is rolex trying to clear their inventory and get more cash due to current war and oil situation? Just my speculation.
Hope to get a rolex soon…
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Early this year whenI visited GD and imagined how shocked I was when AK was going at almost $20k..everything seems insane..this downturn is truly good for the watch community..
lol that's super dumb.
AK is max a 7k watch just because its a rolex.
Singapore watch community, only 5% knows what they're buying. the rest buy just because it might appreciate.
sad before 2016, i don't have the means, if not 9k batman, 11k hulk, 7k sub no dates, 8k sub dates are available for grabs
rose gold daytona? 40k new, 35k used - got mine in 2019 for 46 new, flipped it for 67 because i don't wear it much, too many people have. bought a patek traveltime instead,
ym rg oysterflex? 23-24k new
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hi, I am new here and finally created account. Do you really have friends recently got calls for exp1? I think iit’s looks very nice, but a tad too small. I hope to get one nevertheless.

however , I do see online that many people get Roman dials datejust, on jubilee, in weird dial colours too. I guess DJ and OP is easy to get correct? Or is rolex trying to clear their inventory and get more cash due to current war and oil situation? Just my speculation.
Hope to get a rolex soon…
rolex is flushed with cash. lol simi war?
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
1,123
I saw DJ on display available for purchase and saw someone walk in and buy 31mm SS DJ from display. quite a few around me been receiving calls for AK and Exp 1
just curious which outlet is this with DJ on display?
I still have not seen any DJ on display recently
 

Thenewatchmen

Banned
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Messages
482
Reaction score
522
rolex is flushed with cash. lol simi war?

haha…. I saw Carousell full of Rolexes, but no transactions as the watches keeps appearing. Hope it is a sign of grey market price falling. (But I prefer buying from retail nevertheless)

Probably due to hype and rumour of discontinuation..
Oh well…. Do you guys know the chances of getting exp 1 / the submariner date / oyster perpetual 41mm, as first watch with no purchase history?
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
lol that's super dumb.
AK is max a 7k watch just because its a rolex.
Singapore watch community, only 5% knows what they're buying. the rest buy just because it might appreciate.
sad before 2016, i don't have the means, if not 9k batman, 11k hulk, 7k sub no dates, 8k sub dates are available for grabs
rose gold daytona? 40k new, 35k used - got mine in 2019 for 46 new, flipped it for 67 because i don't wear it much, too many people have. bought a patek traveltime instead,
ym rg oysterflex? 23-24k new
Those were the good old days in grey market when I bought my sub date at $5k, Batman at $9k, everrose Daytona oyster flex at $25k and 5712 at $42k..but 1 watch I bought, the price remained the same though it is a nice timepiece but no value..
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
1,123
Those were the good old days in grey market when I bought my sub date at $5k, Batman at $9k, everrose Daytona oyster flex at $25k and 5712 at $42k..but 1 watch I bought, the price remained the same though it is a nice timepiece but no value..
which watch remained the same
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top