Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Superspeso

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
62
Hi, I am new here and finally created account. Do you really have friends recently got calls for exp1? I think iit’s looks very nice, but a tad too small. I hope to get one nevertheless.

however , I do see online that many people get Roman dials datejust, on jubilee, in weird dial colours too. I guess DJ and OP is easy to get correct? Or is rolex trying to clear their inventory and get more cash due to current war and oil situation? Just my speculation.
Hope to get a rolex soon…
yes they receive calls. But all have purchase history.
Buy wat u like thats the most impt thing
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Because those 2 are shitter from start. Nobody wants them. Airking is downright fugly. Explorer is a flop by going back to 36. The 39mm is perfect for it being a modern explorer.

Tides will only really start to see a change when ad keep calling you for at least a sub no date.
Agree. Airking is ugly and the new Explorer is not as much in demand as the 39mm.
if AD calls for sub no date, then thats the real indication situation are changing
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
just curious which outlet is this with DJ on display?
I still have not seen any DJ on display recently
There are DJ on displays but they are usually already reserved for existing customers looking to buy to build profile. The person who so called walk in to buy has already got a piece allocated for him / her to pick up. It’s not a real walk in purchase
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Strangely, when I compared Rolex ever rose gold to Patek or even a Breguet, it seems duller..maybe lightings playing tricks..
Nevertheless, I do agree on AP as until now I still unable to figure out AP Roo honeycomb is really consider RG..
Agree on the comparison with Patek. Some of the Patek RG pieces are really striking and shinier. My guess is because Patek is selling more precious metals models than SS whereas for Rolex, SS are regulars and they sell far fewer precious metals models. So hence perhaps the focus by PP to make its rose gold a bit more outstanding.
AP rose gold is really not like rose gold. Haha
but I guess one reason I prefer Rolex RG more is also because it still can be a bit more versatile for a less formal occasion than a RG PP. RG PP is really very dressy looking, even for its sports model RG such as the Aquanaut RG
 

Superspeso

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
62
Europe AD start to display SS DJ 36 for sale. Literally walk in and buy.
Those interested can go over and hunt
 
Last edited:

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Did grey prices fell again lately? I thought gone member say price going up
Seems like it, earlier in Aug/Sep, GD saying prices are going up better buy fast. Recently, heard them saying prices are dropping better sell faster. Wonder which is true. Anyway, if planning to buy in grey, maybe a good time to monitor. Of course, it's anyone's guess when is it bottoming but as long as you buy the watch you like, fit you and enjoy it, life has no regret.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Europe AD start to display SS DJ 36 for sale. Literally walk in and buy.
Those interested can go over and hunt
Coincidentally, My non-Europe overseas AD just msg me some rollies in store inclusive of DJ SS 41, DJ TT 36, Exp 1 TT 36, Sub Date WG 41..Hunting season is starting
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top