Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I started with mainly white gold, enjoyed the weight on the wrist yet not so blink. Recently, I am gearing toward rose gold after making my 1st purchase. Maybe age is really catching up so need some blinks to cover up the old man spots..
I prefer RG to WG. Cos appearance wise more blink. I like the blink factor. haha
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I started with mainly white gold, enjoyed the weight on the wrist yet not so blink. Recently, I am gearing toward rose gold after making my 1st purchase. Maybe age is really catching up so need some blinks to cover up the old man spots..
rose gold too much for my skin tone.
i might try yellow gold next.
but i love white gold for now.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Huh you so easily “sian” of it one ah
I think i will be easily contented one. Just one of these and I will be very happy. Haha
when you have access to all these, you tend to move on fast.
that's when you learn/know what you actually like.

i love my IWCs and JLCs.
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
I find my RG Rootbeer too bling but YG Daytona ok

Wife likes the Rootbeer though… maybe RG is a girl’s thing
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I find my RG Rootbeer too bling but YG Daytona ok

Wife likes the Rootbeer though… maybe RG is a girl’s thing
The YG sports model I would love most to get would be the Daytona John Mayer dial. Others not so interested and would still prefer RG. Haha
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
The YG sports model I would love most to get would be the Daytona John Mayer dial. Others not so interested and would still prefer RG. Haha
Lol typical choice.
Prior to John Mayer talking about it.
Literally zero people wants it or knows about it.
Hahahahaha
I think you like it because everyone likes it.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Lol typical choice.
Prior to John Mayer talking about it.
Literally zero people wants it or knows about it.
Hahahahaha
I think you like it because everyone likes it.
no, I genuinely likes it, not because everyone likes it. It’s just typically not possible to get one, unless on the secondary market which I not willing to pay
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
no, I genuinely likes it, not because everyone likes it. It’s just typically not possible to get one, unless on the secondary market which I not willing to pay
yes, after everyone has it and when john mayer talked about it.
for sure. that's why it's nicknamed the john mayer
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
yes, after everyone has it and when john mayer talked about it.
for sure. that's why it's nicknamed the john mayer
I didn’t even know how this model got it’s nick name. lol, I just came across it some years back and I like it so much and then suddenly just realised everyone refers it as the John Mayer dial. AD says I can put my name to try and no guarantees but realistically I know it is just impossible to get it from them. It is harder to get this from the AD compared to the likes of RG Rootbeer.
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,333
Reaction score
1,123
I didn’t even know how this model got it’s nick name. lol, I just came across it some years back and I like it so much and then suddenly just realised everyone refers it as the John Mayer dial. AD says I can put my name to try and no guarantees but realistically I know it is just impossible to get it from them. It is harder to get this from the AD compared to the likes of RG Rootbeer.
in 2018, this John Mayer was selling at 45k brand new at grey and nobody wants it.
but after John gave a review, everybody wants it
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
How about the other yellow gold Daytona called Yu Wen Le dial? That one really funny. Just because he was spotted wearing it once and they start calling that model Yu Wen Le dial. Lol
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I didn’t even know how this model got it’s nick name. lol, I just came across it some years back and I like it so much and then suddenly just realised everyone refers it as the John Mayer dial. AD says I can put my name to try and no guarantees but realistically I know it is just impossible to get it from them. It is harder to get this from the AD compared to the likes of RG Rootbeer.

in 2018, this John Mayer was selling at 45k brand new at grey and nobody wants it.
but after John gave a review, everybody wants it

yes it's true. back then really nobody wants. say ugly and all LOL
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
It’s nice, I like all green dials.
I have Hulk and the recent Mint Green DJ. Anything green, I’m keen
Green is like the new blue...I had hulk and matched it with a green rubber strap, but it was too extreme for me..I rediscovered my liking for green again when I have my Moser Streamliner..nowadays, almost every brands are coming with green dial..
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Green is like the new blue...I had hulk and matched it with a green rubber strap, but it was too extreme for me..I rediscovered my liking for green again when I have my Moser Streamliner..nowadays, almost every brands are coming with green dial..
Indeed. Even I find the GP Laureato Aston Martin Green Dial so mesmerising. It’s not just the dial, even if the bezel is green, I also like ie the new 2022 GMT Master and Starbucks. Haha
Blue is also nice, if got a chance, I also would consider the WG Daytona Blue Dial
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top