Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
The superiority of patek against ALS goes beyond Marketing.I’m not so expert to say ALS has better finishing than patek or Vice versa.. but I’m a patek fan and watch collector.. I would say patek gives more recognition to their original owners as collectors
Agree. Patek has a confirmed status as among the most accomplished horological company in the world and I dun think that accolade came due to marketing. The only thing i agree with their detractors is that Patek designs are getting boring. It is more or less the same with each new release.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Agree. Patek has a confirmed status as among the most accomplished horological company in the world and I dun think that accolade came due to marketing. The only thing i agree with their detractors is that Patek designs are getting boring. It is more or less the same with each new release.
honestly, patek is worn by rappers and all
but you don't see them wearing lange
lol
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
The superiority of patek against ALS goes beyond Marketing.I’m not so expert to say ALS has better finishing than patek or Vice versa.. but I’m a patek fan and watch collector.. I would say patek gives more recognition to their original owners as collectors
Just curious 🤨
What kind of recognition are you referring to?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
honestly, patek is worn by rappers and all
but you don't see them wearing lange
lol
I thought Patek is worn by biz men? (The complications and grand complications dress watch).
I think I’m the most atypical Patek wearer. I wear the AC in tee shirts and jeans / shorts. Haha
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
Agree. Patek has a confirmed status as among the most accomplished horological company in the world and I dun think that accolade came due to marketing. The only thing i agree with their detractors is that Patek designs are getting boring. It is more or less the same with each new release.
Just trying to understand, most accomplished in term of?
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
I thought Patek is worn by biz men? (The complications and grand complications dress watch).
I think I’m the most atypical Patek wearer. I wear the AC in tee shirts and jeans / shorts. Haha
This is the modern rich man attire 😂
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Just trying to understand, most accomplished in term of?
Not something which anyone of us can well explain in a few sentences or phrases. I suggest you do some reading on their history, artisanal expertise, grand creations ( they are pioneers in the most complicated movements such as minute repeater and etc) and the care they take to manufacture every piece of their watches. If you visited the PP Grand Art Exhibition in Sep 2019, you probably know what we talking about. The accolades, prestige that is synonymous with the name Patek Philippe is definitely not a result of marketing
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
This is the modern rich man attire 😂
No la, I’m no rich man. I just find the look (an AC with tee shirt and jeans/shorts) a bit out of place but I seldom wear long sleeves office wear these days. 1-2 days in a week then go office and even then sometimes I will wear a polo tee instead of long sleeve shirts. So most of the time I’m in casual outfit. Haha
 

fury89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
16,181
Reaction score
15
No la, I’m no rich man. I just find the look (an AC with tee shirt and jeans/shorts) a bit out of place but I seldom wear long sleeves office wear these days. 1-2 days in a week then go office and even then sometimes I will wear a polo tee instead of long sleeve shirts. So most of the time I’m in casual outfit. Haha
Nothing wrong Lah nowadays no people care liao … uncles also wear day dates with shorts and slippers 😂
 

derkaiser94

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
514
No la, I’m no rich man. I just find the look (an AC with tee shirt and jeans/shorts) a bit out of place but I seldom wear long sleeves office wear these days. 1-2 days in a week then go office and even then sometimes I will wear a polo tee instead of long sleeve shirts. So most of the time I’m in casual outfit. Haha
You golden bachelor leh bro. In demand!
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I thought Patek is worn by biz men? (The complications and grand complications dress watch).
I think I’m the most atypical Patek wearer. I wear the AC in tee shirts and jeans / shorts. Haha
Lolol. Look beyond my friend.
I wear my lange with cargo shorts and Nike.
Nothing wrong
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Not something which anyone of us can well explain in a few sentences or phrases. I suggest you do some reading on their history, artisanal expertise, grand creations ( they are pioneers in the most complicated movements such as minute repeater and etc) and the care they take to manufacture every piece of their watches. If you visited the PP Grand Art Exhibition in Sep 2019, you probably know what we talking about. The accolades, prestige that is synonymous with the name Patek Philippe is definitely not a result of marketing
Not really pioneer. Louis Breguet was the first for the minute repeater.
Patek marketing in the past was done well. Infact they don't have their own perp calendar movement until recently. They have been using lemania base movement.
Only thing is one of the oldest watch manufacture and still independent. People like that.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Celestial
IMG_3940.JPG
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top