Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

soilwork

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
29
Same lah. I look at other people wear Everose Daytona look damn chio. So much that I went to buy one. Then whenever I wore it, I just feel that I look like I’m trying too hard...

When I bought my Lange 1, I had it in my mind that I was going to buy the rose gold version. And I thought and mulled over it for more than a decade, literally. Then in the shop when I put on all 3 (yellow/rose/white), I still couldn’t bring myself to buy it. I just had to buy the white gold one.

I guess I’m not meant to look rich 😒

Nowadays even if want to try also quite hard.

When I do look at anyone”s watch, I tend to think more on if the person have taste, rather then “Wah rich man”.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
I don’t know why but When I see other people wear a TT sub or gmt. Most of the time I feel that it’s damn nice and the person got taste. Then when I had chances to try it on, I feel have no feel or even a bit erxin.

But TT Daytona just cannot make it. Damn ugly I feel

To me, Most people who wears a gold sub (6 digit reference) and everose Daytona , I think they got taste but my wife feels that I damn tasteless hahahaha

Yeah, remind me of my first Daytona.

Dunno why during that time, I decided to go with a diamond dial version.

Now I think more suitable for ladies instead. :o

AVM86BOl.jpg
 

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
Yeah, remind me of my first Daytona.

Dunno why during that time, I decided to go with a diamond dial version.

Now I think more suitable for ladies instead. :o

AVM86BOl.jpg
Marker diamonds more for old men.
Ladies more suitable for diamonds on bezel or dial
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Yeah, remind me of my first Daytona.

Dunno why during that time, I decided to go with a diamond dial version.

Now I think more suitable for ladies instead. :o

AVM86BOl.jpg

This watch 5-6yrs back no takers one. I almost bought the non whit (same diamond dial) after an AD offer me around 18k. Then i took photo show my wife, ask for permission, she said ugly.

Blessing in disguise? Lol
 

yeswecan

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
74
Need some opinion. Now that the price of a BN Explorer 2 is pretty similar to a Sub with Date, which is a better investment?
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
RSC dont do authentication but send in for servicing should do the trick.

I've heard of frens saying so too. but is there any real cases of people get rejected due to it being a fake?:s11:
some few thousands fake rolex is so real if you dont bother to do a through "check", you wont know.
so servicing wise they oil/replace parts but do they really go "check/authentic" ?
 

sundeath

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
406
Reaction score
1
What are the discounts available if i pay by cash at one of the grey dealer shops for a second hand rolex? Looking to buying a GMT Master ii after this lockdown is over for good.
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
I've heard of frens saying so too. but is there any real cases of people get rejected due to it being a fake?:s11:
some few thousands fake rolex is so real if you dont bother to do a through "check", you wont know.
so servicing wise they oil/replace parts but do they really go "check/authentic" ?
Before they can even touch your watch, they must authenticate.

Do you think a genuine Rolex gasket or gear and fit on a fake Rolex? Don’t worry, they have a system for authentication cross matching numbers on your watch and their database. If it’s fake, they will return it to you and tell you it’s fake. Probably charge you for that too.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Just some further sharing on date change tolerance @ RSC.
2wqUTlRl.jpg


Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
 

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
Need some opinion. Now that the price of a BN Explorer 2 is pretty similar to a Sub with Date, which is a better investment?

Explorer 2 is like the poor cousin of the professional models. Gow other sub won’t go wrong. If can find a hulk then best of all.
 

bryando

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
457
Reaction score
2
At one time the explorer was very hot due to let people ‘fry’ coz one jap superstar TK wore it. Now the hype is over liao

Ha, he still wears that, based on his recent picts. And he has a nice well-aged rootbeer too.
 

estrangable

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
90
Haha :)

Not sneering at you but is it your first time from Grey dealers shop? The price u see is typically cash only. If using credit card u have to pay a fee percentage more.

The "use cash" trick works many many years ago in AD...Now not likely.

What are the discounts available if i pay by cash at one of the grey dealer shops for a second hand rolex? Looking to buying a GMT Master ii after this lockdown is over for good.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top