Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
dun mind me if my questions sound silly or noob, 1st time buying and trying to understand the whole process :)

The *wait list* is long. Support the SE but then again, that doesn't guarantee you will be given a watch. If there is a watch you really like, u can try grey retailer, the price has soften a bit for some models esp the explorer and sub. 10% above RRP is still acceptable to some.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Explorer 2 should be much easier to get than a Sub.

You can try putting your name on the "lists". But don't expect much. My name has been on the "lists" of multiple AD's since 2016 for a steel Daytona (any colour). I'm still waiting, but I've been wearing my grey dealer Panda for 3+ years already.

Of course I'm a nobody, and don't bother to do the usual suck up tactics, although the T3 Rolex staff know me by now since every time I fly, I walk in and ask the same question. Last few months pre-** don't even need to talk, walk past shop wave hand, and they will wave back "don't have".

I think if covid didnt break your momentum and one day shock them by asking for any other model instead, u might have well been entertained lol
 

wj1984

Master Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
96
from the RRP stated on Rolex website, what is the usual % increase if buying from AD?

RRP for Submariner and Explorer 2 are SGD10,600 and SGD11,150 respectively


the price you quoted for the sub is the ND version which is possible to get from a local AD without prior purchase. Scroll the earlier posts of this thread. Sub date is harder to get but the ND is much easier.
 

wj1984

Master Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
4,777
Reaction score
96
Explorer 2 should be much easier to get than a Sub.

You can try putting your name on the "lists". But don't expect much. My name has been on the "lists" of multiple AD's since 2016 for a steel Daytona (any colour). I'm still waiting, but I've been wearing my grey dealer Panda for 3+ years already.

Of course I'm a nobody, and don't bother to do the usual suck up tactics, although the T3 Rolex staff know me by now since every time I fly, I walk in and ask the same question. Last few months pre-** don't even need to talk, walk past shop wave hand, and they will wave back "don't have".

don't bother about the airport AD; my grey panda Daytona is from there LOL.
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
I think if covid didnt break your momentum and one day shock them by asking for any other model instead, u might have well been entertained lol

Yeah, imagine if I asked “do you have a ladies datejust with diamond markers?”.

Trays of it will come out...
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Out of curiousity

How many rolexes you all own at the current moment?

Lately i just sold off 2 to dealers cos not wearing liao.
 

Baxter14

Banned
Joined
May 25, 2020
Messages
3,163
Reaction score
17
Out of curiousity

How many rolexes you all own at the current moment?

Lately i just sold off 2 to dealers cos not wearing liao.

Just 2: sub date and Batman. Really thinking of Daytona but it’s way over priced now.

Posted from PCWX using Luger 9mm P08
 

gazar1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
3
Hahaha.... why am I not surprised.


Anybody successfully bought rolex from our airport before? Wonder how they allocate to regular since there won’t have any regulars too.

Suspect maybe manager ownself back door all the sports watch out.
 

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
14,234
Reaction score
2,202
Anybody successfully bought rolex from our airport before? Wonder how they allocate to regular since there won’t have any regulars too.

Suspect maybe manager ownself back door all the sports watch out.

online gotch sum1 posted b4 he bought a watch from a flipper on teh very same day as dated on teh warranty card implying tat it sold juz within few hours...later teh post was taken down lol...

chiur guess ish as good as others ?
 

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
Just 2: sub date and Batman. Really thinking of Daytona but it’s way over priced now.

Posted from PCWX using Luger 9mm P08

Hehe dun use the term overpriced.
Me been tracking the Daytona SS prices since donkey years when it was only listed as $8k and the market was $12k. Back then the ADs all outright tell you need to pay premium. A few years down the road it was $16k if you’re lucky to get one. The rest is history now some asking for 2x RRP
Rolex says want to rein in ADs haha never happen man. Some predict prices to stabilised blah blah blah. History has shown it will never happen. Rolex professional models are immune to recession or whatever global events as covid is latest example.
So when is best time to buy one? It’s always NOW.
Make the plunge or live to regret it
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Not worth to get daytona aftermarket. The markup is scary.

I jus sold batman and sub halfgold recently. Tidy profit on batman but breakeven on sub hg. Still have around 6 pcs sports model and 2 DJ, waiting for a good time to cash in.
Just 2: sub date and Batman. Really thinking of Daytona but it’s way over priced now.

Posted from PCWX using Luger 9mm P08
 
Last edited:

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
So when is best time to buy one? It’s always NOW.
Make the plunge or live to regret it

Yes i agree. Grey Market for some model has soften, especially rootbeer and sub. So i rather move in than to wait for stocks if im looking for one. Rootbeer some are selling around 10% above RRP which i think can be further nego
 

en_8_en

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
3,144
Interesting. Wat yr sub references?

14060M and 114060 (I bought from grey, so as much as I wish to be as successful as a flipper, I'm not :s13: )

Into watch for a while (though not the nerdy type) .. kind of just into 2 brands now, rolex and g shocks .. The Air King kinda grew on me recently
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
14060M and 114060 (I bought from grey, so as much as I wish to be as successful as a flipper, I'm not :s13: )

Into watch for a while (though not the nerdy type) .. kind of just into 2 brands now, rolex and g shocks .. The Air King kinda grew on me recently

2 consec gen of the sub.. which one do u prefer and why?
 

en_8_en

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
3,144
2 consec gen of the sub.. which one do u prefer and why?

the 5 digit. Wears lighter, and more "vintage" feel. Wears slimmer compared to the newer maxi so fits myself more as a skinny person. Small markers and all etc.

Got to admit I was partly driven by the hype over SS Sports model. but now slowly I am leaning more towards the classier ones, like OP, President, DJ. I'll still keep one sub as a daily beater.
 
Last edited:

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
14060M and 114060 (I bought from grey, so as much as I wish to be as successful as a flipper, I'm not :s13: )

Into watch for a while (though not the nerdy type) .. kind of just into 2 brands now, rolex and g shocks .. The Air King kinda grew on me recently

Air King used to be nobody wants model.
Last time circa 20+ years ago lelong and give discount also no one wanted. Can be had for slightly over $3k never in my wildest dreams think it will appreciate so by so much
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
Hehe dun use the term overpriced.
Me been tracking the Daytona SS prices since donkey years when it was only listed as $8k and the market was $12k. Back then the ADs all outright tell you need to pay premium. A few years down the road it was $16k if you’re lucky to get one. The rest is history now some asking for 2x RRP
Rolex says want to rein in ADs haha never happen man. Some predict prices to stabilised blah blah blah. History has shown it will never happen. Rolex professional models are immune to recession or whatever global events as covid is latest example.
So when is best time to buy one? It’s always NOW.
Make the plunge or live to regret it
Exactly, just buy as soon as you can. Caveat is, it’s gotta be with disposable income. If purchasing the watch at whatever price will not affect your life in anyway, that’s the right time to buy.

I’ve only ever bought one watch in my life above RRP, and that’s my white ceramic Daytona. I felt literal pain in my heart paying low $20k for it. 3.5 years later, it doesn’t matter one single bit. I’ve enjoyed wearing it all over the world, doing everything from gymming to swimming to meeting important people with it.

I have no intentions of ever selling it, but if some day I have to or want to, it’s like someone paid me a few thousand dollars to wear it for years, despite me being stupid enough to have paid thousands above RRP.

And if for some reason, the world economy collapses and Rolexes becomes worthless, it doesn’t matter one bit cos I didn’t put myself in debt to buy it in the first place.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top