Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

spurman

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
2,424
Reaction score
122
Hi all! Not sure if this is the right thread to ask about Vacheron Constantin! But after reading the last few post about it, I would like to understand more!

This will be my first and most expensive watch I'm intending to get, which is the 4500V black dial. Just the basic model, time and date. As what i read here, it will take 4-5 years, not sure if even waiting that long would guarantee being allocated a piece as I have not purchase anything from them before. Wonder if it's like Rolex or AP where you have to spent an amount to get their attention.

Would like to hear more from the experts here about being allocated with my situation! And also a short review about the piece I'm eyeing

Thanks in advance!!
I tink its 1yr 2 or 3mths leow. Cant recall. That was when i put my name for the 4500v black dial as well as blue was told imposible leow. Too many names ahead and prob wait 5 to 10yrs or maybe it gets discon then. Lol.

Anyway time flies and tbh i am not 100percent sure if i would still take this when offered leow
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
Can ask about your views on non luxury watches also? Hope won’t kena flamed lol. Saw the new zelos mako gmt, finally a cheap traveller gmt, some more the specs and features much more exciting than say seiko 5kx gmt. Lumed everything, got quick adjustment, also a diver etc. some more got a meteorite version. May be a good and interesting watch to travel with. Any thoughts?
I wouldn’t classify Zelos as “non luxury”. Judged on their own merits, I think they are luxuriously appointed or finished. It’s a micro brand.

They’re not for me, but plenty of people appreciate them, and understandably so. They present great value for money. A micro brand that I like would be something like Habring2.

If you don’t care about brand cachet and such, they’re great.
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
Can ask about your views on non luxury watches also? Hope won’t kena flamed lol. Saw the new zelos mako gmt, finally a cheap traveller gmt, some more the specs and features much more exciting than say seiko 5kx gmt. Lumed everything, got quick adjustment, also a diver etc. some more got a meteorite version. May be a good and interesting watch to travel with. Any thoughts?
if it doesnt cost much, why not go for it? This would be good in countries where you are wary of wearing expensive watches.
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Wow
I wouldn’t classify Zelos as “non luxury”. Judged on their own merits, I think they are luxuriously appointed or finished. It’s a micro brand.

They’re not for me, but plenty of people appreciate them, and understandably so. They present great value for money. A micro brand that I like would be something like Habring2.

If you don’t care about brand cachet and such, they’re great.
Wow interesting, thanks I will check out Habring2!


if it doesnt cost much, why not go for it? This would be good in countries where you are wary of wearing expensive watches.
ya I also think so, and gmt is definitely one of the best watches to wear but wearing a gmt master ii is like courting death
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I tink its 1yr 2 or 3mths leow. Cant recall. That was when i put my name for the 4500v black dial as well as blue was told imposible leow. Too many names ahead and prob wait 5 to 10yrs or maybe it gets discon then. Lol.

Anyway time flies and tbh i am not 100percent sure if i would still take this when offered leow
You no longer like the watch (4500V black dial)?
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
speaking about hairspring. Recently i am researching and looking out for Chopard 1.96 movement. I see pics of the breguet overcoil etc. but i cannot understand y the finishing so good till ppl keep saying its better than holy trinity leh?
I wouldn’t say it’s better lah, but for sure won’t lose. In the same league.
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
894
Reaction score
202
Can ask about your views on non luxury watches also? Hope won’t kena flamed lol. Saw the new zelos mako gmt, finally a cheap traveller gmt, some more the specs and features much more exciting than say seiko 5kx gmt. Lumed everything, got quick adjustment, also a diver etc. some more got a meteorite version. May be a good and interesting watch to travel with. Any thoughts?
i decided not to grab any of them, not having minute markers is deal breaker to me i think
i'm confident they will release a version with minute markers in the future anyway
i posted about zelos on the watch thread, not in this rolex thread
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
i decided not to grab any of them, not having minute markers is deal breaker to me i think
i'm confident they will release a version with minute markers in the future anyway
i posted about zelos on the watch thread, not in this rolex thread
Oh thanks I checked out the other watch thread, also interesting.

anyway been to quite a few boutiques in diff cities in Switzerland, nothing at all leh, maybe some who said Europe got are talking cock lol
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Oh thanks I checked out the other watch thread, also interesting.

anyway been to quite a few boutiques in diff cities in Switzerland, nothing at all leh, maybe some who said Europe got are talking cock lol
my friend just got offered a Motif Green Dial 41mm Jubilee fluted.
in switzerland
 

raidorz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
8,250
Reaction score
413
Yesterday went to VC MBS cuz psycho-ed my friend to put name for a Fiftysix Daydate in gold 😂 was told there will likely be a price adjustment in June this year. Also confirmed that if there’s a new release, quickly text the SA to get into the queue cuz it’ll be a completely new list.
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Why does the prices in WatchBox so inflated compared to our local grey dealers here, anyone?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Why does the prices in WatchBox so inflated compared to our local grey dealers here, anyone?
Watch box tries to buy in at really low price and then resell at much higher mark up. I have ever asked them for a quote before for my GMT TT and they made a derisory offer for it. Eventually I sold to a local grey dealer at a far more reasonable price. I don’t know who has ever bought from them before.
 

lordofheaven

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
ask yall ah, yall think Yacht Master 126622 40mm blue/slate dial still possible if I try to buy from AD like Hourglass for first time buyer? Or even this model also impossible to get on their waitlist?
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Why can’t click? As in language barrier? Or they are uninterested?
They all speak English. And superficially nice etc. But angmohs usually very friendly anyways, hard to really know if click, best evidence is if they bring out a watch
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top