Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Seeking advice 2016 114060 $12,xxx
Or 2023 124060 $16xxx

Which one is a better deal?
2 different watch.
depends which one you like.
2016 out of warranty, even u service also 1k+ only
also need see the condition, likely is well worn

but 124060 - new card, no name, warranty till 2028 - worth the 4k for you?
 

Oxygenatedwater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2019
Messages
17,614
Reaction score
5,724
2 different watch.
depends which one you like.
2016 out of warranty, even u service also 1k+ only
also need see the condition, likely is well worn

but 124060 - new card, no name, warranty till 2028 - worth the 4k for you?
yeah im thinking if the 4k difference is worth it, service 1k is ok but need to send for auth also
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
I have posted a week ago about me getting my hands on a 14060M (random serial) with a little bit of touch up on the condition of the watch. Apparently it is a rather rare watch to get? Does the switch to Parachrom hairspring occur on all 3130 movements or the later stages of the 14060M production (just before 2011/2012)?
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
Well, they won't let you bundle directly for THG in most cases.

You will have to "Journey" towards the watch you want as your profile will be brought up when your SA attempts to get approval for allocation.

Just have EQ and hint to the SA that you are really interested in a specific model and hopefully you can work towards it, most of them will be able to catch it. (But take note that this will not be a fast process, if you want it immediately going grey is the way)
 
Last edited:

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
how's the 5811?
I’ve not held the two side by side before this. Was surprised at the difference. The 5712 in comparison looks like a much more subtle blue silvery dial. The 5811 is a very vibrant blue, very sharp, very elegant. The clasp extension is interesting but breaks up the bracelet flow. But if ever got chance, between the two definitely my preference is 5811. Just that still wonder about the white gold. Would prefer steel but I am sure either will have its fans
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
Well, they won't let you bundle directly for THG in most cases.

You will have to "Journey" towards the watch you want as your profile will be brought up when your SA attempts to get approval for allocation.

Just have EQ and hint to the SA that you are really interested in a specific model and hopefully you can work towards it, most of them will be able to catch it. (But take note that this will not be a fast process, if you want it immediately going grey is the way)
what would you wanna drop 50k on?

it sounds like an overkill for 124060 imo. But not sure exactly about the market for that now. Agree shld discuss what the journey entails, and get some certainty, some got taken for a ride by SA after spending a lot
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,331
Reaction score
1,123
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
why don't just pay the premium for 124060?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
THG don‘t do direct bundling. When they say it is a ”journey” at THG, it really is, Meaning, you will probably start by buying a TT DJ first or if you don’t mind, a Hublot Classic Fusion, from there, slowly then you build the rapport with your SA and then tell him / her what you want as a first sports allocation. If you want direct bundling, I guess better to go to Cortina. You will be expected to have lots of patience if you want to go the THG route. It takes time to build profile with them before it gets smoother. Even then, you still need to wait.
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
THG don‘t do direct bundling. When they say it is a ”journey” at THG, it really is, Meaning, you will probably start by buying a TT DJ first or if you don’t mind, a Hublot Classic Fusion, from there, slowly then you build the rapport with your SA and then tell him / her what you want as a first sports allocation. If you want direct bundling, I guess better to go to Cortina. You will be expected to have lots of patience if you want to go the THG route. It takes time to build profile with them before it gets smoother. Even then, you still need to wait.
If direct bundling with Cortina how much is one expected to pay upfront for an Explorer I? What are the house brands I need to support from Cortina?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
If direct bundling with Cortina how much is one expected to pay upfront for an Explorer I? What are the house brands I need to support from Cortina?
I’m not with Cortina, but from what various bros shared here, it would be Franck Muller. But I’m guessing the FM should enable you to get a slightly more popular sports model than Explorer 1.
 

Pegasus05

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
556
Reaction score
239
If direct bundling with Cortina how much is one expected to pay upfront for an Explorer I? What are the house brands I need to support from Cortina?

Cortina is Franck Muller. Parmigiani could be one of the brand since it is shown in their website.

as some of the brothers mentioned, if the total cost of bundling (one non Rolex and another Rolex) is higher than a grey, do you want to consider to get it from grey instead? Overall should be cheaper
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
So I went to THG to see see look look and went to try on the TT CHNR (Rootbeer). Honestly, if I were to ever get a TT watch this is it. Wore the display set and try to show the SA what I know about the watch and the prestige of Rolex and all that shiat. There was this SA who was beside me attending to a fam; openly ask someone "which model of DateJust do you want to get" - apparently it is someone from the fam getting a Hublot and looks like he or she is getting a Rolex at the same time.

Asked the SA who attended to me casually "yo do you have any models to sell me?" and he gave the usual spiel of give him my name and yada yada.

Honestly let's say if I have $40k to $50k to drop at one go to get say a 124060, how do I open the conversation of direct bundling? This is beyond social skill/social engineering haha.
lol buy grey
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top