Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Oxygenatedwater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2019
Messages
17,613
Reaction score
5,724
THG don‘t do direct bundling. When they say it is a ”journey” at THG, it really is, Meaning, you will probably start by buying a TT DJ first or if you don’t mind, a Hublot Classic Fusion, from there, slowly then you build the rapport with your SA and then tell him / her what you want as a first sports allocation. If you want direct bundling, I guess better to go to Cortina. You will be expected to have lots of patience if you want to go the THG route. It takes time to build profile with them before it gets smoother. Even then, you still need to wait.
honestly like that rather go grey
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Cortina is Franck Muller. Parmigiani could be one of the brand since it is shown in their website.

as some of the brothers mentioned, if the total cost of bundling (one non Rolex and another Rolex) is higher than a grey, do you want to consider to get it from grey instead? Overall should be cheaper
Yep, I am aware of the inefficiency of the costs. I have gotten a pre-ceramic Sub from the grey and have no regrets about it but as stupid as it may sound I do want to experience getting a Rolex from AD. And I am still interested in the Explorer I so was wondering how I can go about getting it from AD.
 

Icyclouds

Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
184
Reaction score
118
Unless u wanna exp wine , cookies and fully uniformed personnel attending to you and treat you like a Royalty.

Serious note , if you have a CC that have an advantage for large amount spent , grey have an additional cost for using cc .
That’s one point to consider for grey lo . For installment , ad don’t charge or cc ? That one I not sure . Anyway I not sure anyone using installment on luxury watch purchases ? I normally paid full one shot .

Like gx bro says , no play mind games , no waiting time . get it enjoy it .


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Yep, I am aware of the inefficiency of the costs. I have gotten a pre-ceramic Sub from the grey and have no regrets about it but as stupid as it may sound I do want to experience getting a Rolex from AD. And I am still interested in the Explorer I so was wondering how I can go about getting it from AD.
lol ad experience, you like to beg and chase?
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Yep, I am aware of the inefficiency of the costs. I have gotten a pre-ceramic Sub from the grey and have no regrets about it but as stupid as it may sound I do want to experience getting a Rolex from AD. And I am still interested in the Explorer I so was wondering how I can go about getting it from AD.
Not sure about how it used to be from AD locally. Heard stories of ADs overseas popping champagne etc. but currently I don’t think there is much of an AD experience. Never had anything stunning, at most just some gifts here and there. Not really a special experience worth seeking imo. As opposed to say a proper vip experience, like when we got a necklace for wifey from van Cleef and Arpels, there’s like a pampering experience, then they entertained us for a period of time sending chocolates and flowers for a vdae and a birthday.
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,203
Reaction score
5,988
Anyone have a sky dweller? How does it wear? Any long term wear comments and feedback?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Not sure about how it used to be from AD locally. Heard stories of ADs overseas popping champagne etc. but currently I don’t think there is much of an AD experience. Never had anything stunning, at most just some gifts here and there. Not really a special experience worth seeking imo. As opposed to say a proper vip experience, like when we got a necklace for wifey from van Cleef and Arpels, there’s like a pampering experience, then they entertained us for a period of time sending chocolates and flowers for a vdae and a birthday.
You are quite right. There is not much of an experience. The feel good experience comes only when you get the call to pick up the watch and then the visits to AD boutique for chit chat and trying on of watches. If your relationship with SA was long and good, maybe those trips might make you feel some excitement like visiting a friend. THG don’t give anything to show appreciation unless you spent above 200k every year without fail. Sometimes you wonder how much will it cost to send a small souvenir to most existing customers to celebrate an important anniversary event when in their own words they said that they would not make it till today without support from customers. Having said so, for a small anniversary gift like this they only bother to send to their top 5% VIP customers.
 

official_t_atelier

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2022
Messages
569
Reaction score
643
You are quite right. There is not much of an experience. The feel good experience comes only when you get the call to pick up the watch and then the visits to AD boutique for chit chat and trying on of watches. If your relationship with SA was long and good, maybe those trips might make you feel some excitement like visiting a friend. THG don’t give anything to show appreciation unless you spent above 200k every year without fail. Sometimes you wonder how much will it cost to send a small souvenir to most existing customers to celebrate an important anniversary event when in their own words they said that they would not make it till today without support from customers. Having said so, for a small anniversary gift like this they only bother to send to their top 5% VIP customers.
I agreed that the feel good experience, if any, is short-lived. In the end, does it make sense for me to have watches that I don't really want or wear? So in the end, I have to dump them..lol
 

BigStick

Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
1,382
Reaction score
227
You are quite right. There is not much of an experience. The feel good experience comes only when you get the call to pick up the watch and then the visits to AD boutique for chit chat and trying on of watches. If your relationship with SA was long and good, maybe those trips might make you feel some excitement like visiting a friend. THG don’t give anything to show appreciation unless you spent above 200k every year without fail. Sometimes you wonder how much will it cost to send a small souvenir to most existing customers to celebrate an important anniversary event when in their own words they said that they would not make it till today without support from customers. Having said so, for a small anniversary gift like this they only bother to send to their top 5% VIP customers.
Every year I receive 2-3 gifts from THG. The ones I really like are the Charlotte Bourrus customized globes that THG did in collaboration with Patek. Typically that came together with a bottle of wine or pastries. Sometimes THG sent a book with a local flavour to celebrate National Day. Sometimes a gift just appears out of no reasons, like the gold plated hourglass paper-weight (maybe anniversary) or a book on diving watches. These gifts were all hand-delivered with a letter from Michael Tay :)

I also get several invitations for watch dinners/events hosted by THG and watch manufacturers like Journe, Patek, Breguet, Biver, MB&F etc. This journey has been fun :)
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Every year I receive 2-3 gifts from THG. The ones I really like are the Charlotte Bourrus customized globes that THG did in collaboration with Patek. Typically that came together with a bottle of wine or pastries. Sometimes THG sent a book with a local flavour to celebrate National Day. Sometimes a gift just appears out of no reasons, like the gold plated hourglass paper-weight (maybe anniversary) or a book on diving watches. These gifts were all hand-delivered with a letter from Michael Tay :)

I also get several invitations for watch dinners/events hosted by THG and watch manufacturers like Journe, Patek, Breguet, Biver, MB&F etc. This journey has been fun :)
Haha I’m not at the same level as you with THG, so no comments from my side. I’m not expecting them to send gifts all the time to a customer like me, but I only felt that an occasional gesture of an anniversary gift would be much welcomed/appreciated for someone who has supported with purchases in the last few years even if not as much as what some VIP purchases. I enjoyed the journey so far but like I say, more with my SA who have been very sincere towards me, not so much with the organisation. I was invited twice for events with Omega and Breitling and I attended the former. Glad that you enjoyed the journey which was quite interesting for you so far 👍
 

BigStick

Banned
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
1,382
Reaction score
227
I was invited twice for events with Omega and Breitling and I attended the former. Glad that you enjoyed the journey which was quite interesting for you so far 👍
Omega is great - a collector friend of mine was invited to Switzerland to visit them. Lange too invites their VIP customers to their factory too. These manufacturers take good care of their best customers regardless where they are located. :)
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
Not sure about how it used to be from AD locally. Heard stories of ADs overseas popping champagne etc. but currently I don’t think there is much of an AD experience. Never had anything stunning, at most just some gifts here and there. Not really a special experience worth seeking imo. As opposed to say a proper vip experience, like when we got a necklace for wifey from van Cleef and Arpels, there’s like a pampering experience, then they entertained us for a period of time sending chocolates and flowers for a vdae and a birthday.
Here they ask you to sit down and drink their small bottle of imported mineral water and show you the watch, this is as much action you will get from ADs here.

Occasionally, they will give you some random stuff like watch pouches so you can store the watch you are wearing when you pick the new toy up.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Here they ask you to sit down and drink their small bottle of imported mineral water and show you the watch, this is as much action you will get from ADs here.

Occasionally, they will give you some random stuff like watch pouches so you can store the watch you are wearing when you pick the new toy up.
lol cortina always give pouches when you buy a new watch
mineral water is basic level.
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
lol cortina always give pouches when you buy a new watch
mineral water is basic level.
I mean this is exactly my point being that this is as much of an experience you will get.

Since you are there for the allocation you've been waiting for, theres really no need for them to make it special. Being able to get the allocation makes it special enough by itself.
 
Last edited:

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Won’t you scratch the back of the watch if put in pouch instead of roll?
There’s a small piece of leather, not sure what you call it, that fits between the caseback and the clasp. For Rolex think more than enough. Some watches cannot put in these pouches. There are more rounded pouches that can be used for integrated bracelets
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
I mean this is exactly my point being that this is as much of as experience you will get.

Since you are there for the allocation you've been waiting for, theres really no need for them to make it special. Being able to get the allocation makes it special enough by itself.
Yes I think the allocation is nice but then again, always felt something was missing. In the example with VCA that I gave, we are not VIPs, just bought one necklace only, but the way they treated us made us feel like the experience was worth paying for. In this case, “only the watch” was worth. If that’s the case and the premium is not much (compared to bundling), then should reconsider. At least Patek for example still can write ur name on a nice warranty letter, get magazines etc. Rolex u get new or preowned, there’s not much diff imo other than price
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top