Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

gazar1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
3
Yes, purchase history is very important. Ultimately, its all about dollars and cents.

So much criteria to sell a Rolex yet the most dulan thing is we don’t get commission by selling rolex lol, unless is old stock that are hard to move.
 

en_8_en

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
3,144
How to justify? When I bought mine new, it was $4k. I sold it for $5k after years of use (quite beat up condition). And nobody thought the Explorer 2 would appreciate at the time. It was the uncool sibling of the family. Now it’s closing $10k.

When it comes to Rolex steel professional models, just buy as soon as you can. Don’t think too much. No need to mull over $1-2k difference. If you’re not a flipper, it doesn’t matter because it will all balance out with time. It becomes irrelevant after a while whether you paid $4k or $7k or $9k. You’ll be too busy enjoying it.


Yep. Just buy what you like (and within your pocket limits) and enjoy the watch.
Rolex in itself can hold its price quite well. Say worst case scenario you need cash and go pawn shop, also dont lose so much.

Compared to other brands which has lesser market demands, doesn't matter how much your watch is worth if there is no buyer.

Enjoy the wrist time :)
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
I have a old rollie, dad gave it to me, its the steel sea dweller....not the new deepsea.
i wonder how much its worth now.. i hardly wear..
mostly i wear my batman or hulk :o
Old one usually around 4-6k Nia.. not many people want better sell off to pawnshop or cash convertor.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Cash converter the worst place to sell

Haha, but best place to buy if you dare... last time i posted a submariner selling for $7,000 at cash convertor. Watch only, no cert, no box, no spare link. :o

Then hulk selling $13k... watch only as well.
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Haha, but best place to buy if you dare... last time i posted a submariner selling for $7,000 at cash convertor. Watch only, no cert, no box, no spare link. :o

Then hulk selling $13k... watch only as well.

price of hulk now is scary... the one who bought for 13k now, can have a tidy profit.
 

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
Old one usually around 4-6k Nia.. not many people want better sell off to pawnshop or cash convertor.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT

Dun lowball the bro. I got this SD 4K bought in 1997 for below 6k sold off last year for $12k double the price after 23 years of use.
Now sports model You can’t get any for less than 10k unless it’s the explorer 2.
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
I can't seem to bring myself to buy a 2-tone. I had an opportunity to buy a rose gold/steel root beer but couldn't bring myself to buy it.

They just have a not-here-not-there look in my eyes. It's either "I wanna be a baller and want a full gold watch, but can't afford one" or "I can't get a steel Rolex so this will have to do".

Had a full rose gold Daytona for a while, and I felt uncomfortable wearing it. It's like I have "DOUCHEBAG" tattooed on my forehead. Sold it off probably wearing it less than 10 times.

White metals still work best in most situations. White gold looks great but is somewhat fragile. It scratches and stretches easily. So at the end of the day, steel is still the best option for me.

Having said that, I do appreciate 2-tones on other people. My female doctor wears a 2-tone Daytona and I think it looks fantastic on her.
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
I can't seem to bring myself to buy a 2-tone. I had an opportunity to buy a rose gold/steel root beer but couldn't bring myself to buy it.

They just have a not-here-not-there look in my eyes. It's either "I wanna be a baller and want a full gold watch, but can't afford one" or "I can't get a steel Rolex so this will have to do".

Had a full rose gold Daytona for a while, and I felt uncomfortable wearing it. It's like I have "DOUCHEBAG" tattooed on my forehead. Sold it off probably wearing it less than 10 times.

White metals still work best in most situations. White gold looks great but is somewhat fragile. It scratches and stretches easily. So at the end of the day, steel is still the best option for me.

Having said that, I do appreciate 2-tones on other people. My female doctor wears a 2-tone Daytona and I think it looks fantastic on her.

It takes a certain level of confidence (and perhaps age as well) to put on a two and tone/precious metal watch (for a guy) and have no concerns about being viewed as a douchebag..

Wonder if i will get there.. lol
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
It takes a certain level of confidence (and perhaps age as well) to put on a two and tone/precious metal watch (for a guy) and have no concerns about being viewed as a douchebag..

Wonder if i will get there.. lol

I just wear my full gold rolex and go NTUC for my usual grocery run in shorts and slippers. Sometime just wear my tourbillion go for slow jog.

As long as ownself happy can liao. Why bother what people think.
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
It takes a certain level of confidence (and perhaps age as well) to put on a two and tone/precious metal watch (for a guy) and have no concerns about being viewed as a douchebag..

Wonder if i will get there.. lol

I'm in my 50's. Still not there, haha...
 

shinoku2

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
543
Reaction score
88
Heard that sports model is impossible to get anywhere isit true?looking at maybe getting a explorer 1
 

soilwork

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
29
I can't seem to bring myself to buy a 2-tone. I had an opportunity to buy a rose gold/steel root beer but couldn't bring myself to buy it.

They just have a not-here-not-there look in my eyes. It's either "I wanna be a baller and want a full gold watch, but can't afford one" or "I can't get a steel Rolex so this will have to do".

Had a full rose gold Daytona for a while, and I felt uncomfortable wearing it. It's like I have "DOUCHEBAG" tattooed on my forehead. Sold it off probably wearing it less than 10 times.

White metals still work best in most situations. White gold looks great but is somewhat fragile. It scratches and stretches easily. So at the end of the day, steel is still the best option for me.

Having said that, I do appreciate 2-tones on other people. My female doctor wears a 2-tone Daytona and I think it looks fantastic on her.

I don’t know why but When I see other people wear a TT sub or gmt. Most of the time I feel that it’s damn nice and the person got taste. Then when I had chances to try it on, I feel have no feel or even a bit erxin.

But TT Daytona just cannot make it. Damn ugly I feel

To me, Most people who wears a gold sub (6 digit reference) and everose Daytona , I think they got taste but my wife feels that I damn tasteless hahahaha
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
I don’t know why but When I see other people wear a TT sub or gmt. Most of the time I feel that it’s damn nice and the person got taste. Then when I had chances to try it on, I feel have no feel or even a bit erxin.

But TT Daytona just cannot make it. Damn ugly I feel

To me, Most people who wears a gold sub (6 digit reference) and everose Daytona , I think they got taste but my wife feels that I damn tasteless hahahaha
Same lah. I look at other people wear Everose Daytona look damn chio. So much that I went to buy one. Then whenever I wore it, I just feel that I look like I’m trying too hard...

When I bought my Lange 1, I had it in my mind that I was going to buy the rose gold version. And I thought and mulled over it for more than a decade, literally. Then in the shop when I put on all 3 (yellow/rose/white), I still couldn’t bring myself to buy it. I just had to buy the white gold one.

I guess I’m not meant to look rich 😒
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top