Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

blzy333

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Been out of touch for a bit. Anyone knows what’s a fair value now for a zenith Daytona white dial , 16520 L series watch only?
 

dunlafatmyname

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello, a newbie here, I have bought a Rolex yatchmaster last year but I recently found out there is a hairline scratch that appeared out of nowhere on the dial. Should I go to the Rolex service centre to repair it or keep the scratch as I am not sure if servicing it would cause my watch to drop in value.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Not true. Unwanted models like certain datejusts can still very much get 5% off.

If you are talking about stainless steel Datejust, no. No discount. Datejust with discount only available for the half gold models.

Now if you want to buy a SS Datejust 41mm blue, you need to be put on approval to buy.
 
Last edited:

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Hello, a newbie here, I have bought a Rolex yatchmaster last year but I recently found out there is a hairline scratch that appeared out of nowhere on the dial. Should I go to the Rolex service centre to repair it or keep the scratch as I am not sure if servicing it would cause my watch to drop in value.

Forget about it. It’s only a hairline scratch, for goodness sake
 

bluerare

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
9,455
Reaction score
22
Been out of touch for a bit. Anyone knows what’s a fair value now for a zenith Daytona white dial , 16520 L series watch only?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Bgvgt%5D-fake-rolex-6371588.html

careful of fakes :)
 

jammah

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
25
Bro, of course referring to AD. 5% discount easily available for less popular models like datejust. Not hard at all.

Depends on how you look at it. If you compare the price at AD to list price online, some models are discounted. However, the price listed in the store already reflects the discount. It is not listed as 1 price in store and after discount, you pay a lower price.
 

Celibrium

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2014
Messages
251
Reaction score
65
Depends on how you look at it. If you compare the price at AD to list price online, some models are discounted. However, the price listed in the store already reflects the discount. It is not listed as 1 price in store and after discount, you pay a lower price.

Not sure if you are confused. Price listed on Rolex Official Website is the same retail price you're going to see on the watch in ADs. The price listed in the store does NOT reflect any discount. Discount only available on unpopular models.
 

jammah

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
25
Not sure if you are confused. Price listed on Rolex Official Website is the same retail price you're going to see on the watch in ADs. The price listed in the store does NOT reflect any discount. Discount only available on unpopular models.

But I went to several Rolex stores and they said no discount at all for all models. I noticed that some watches were priced cheaper than online. Year 2020 already. Maybe certain AD give discount. Can share the AD name or which year was the discount given? Maybe can bargain like night market at Rolex. $30K? no no no $28K. $29K best offer. Take it or leave it. Then can pretend to walk out see whether salesman chase after you.
 
Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,370
Reaction score
537
But I went to several Rolex stores and they said no discount at all for all models. I noticed that some watches were priced cheaper than online. Year 2020 already. Maybe certain AD give discount. Can share the AD name or which year was the discount given?

out of goodwill, some AD will give a little bit of discount on certain dj models for regulars or regulars recommended customers.

no fixed rule.
 

sk0065

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2010
Messages
15,510
Reaction score
5,678
Not sure if you are confused. Price listed on Rolex Official Website is the same retail price you're going to see on the watch in ADs. The price listed in the store does NOT reflect any discount. Discount only available on unpopular models.

if you go to the rolex website (singapore)
there will be a price
then click on the small "Letter I in the cricle" a new pop up will appear

it says:
"
ROLEX PRICING POLICIES
All prices are Rolex's suggested retail price inclusive of V.A.T.

The prices of gem-set models are dependent on market fluctuations and therefore subject to variations.
Rolex reserves the right to modify the prices and models on this website at any time.
"


which means, AD can choose to accept or ignore the "suggestion"

like another commonly used term:
RRP = recommended retail price
I can always choose to not follow their recommendation



If government "recomend" to wear mask, do you think everyone so guai wear mask?


Conclusion:
DJ can discount one la.....
But of cos not you walk in 1 min, they offer you 15%



you must show talk talk
show that you are about to pull out credit card
but then still got that last final hurdle - then AD will chut discount to close the deal la.
 

wheewhee

Master Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
2,998
Reaction score
12
Hello, a newbie here, I have bought a Rolex yatchmaster last year but I recently found out there is a hairline scratch that appeared out of nowhere on the dial. Should I go to the Rolex service centre to repair it or keep the scratch as I am not sure if servicing it would cause my watch to drop in value.
Must go burn and reforge it.. hairline scratch not good..

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
Hello, a newbie here, I have bought a Rolex yatchmaster last year but I recently found out there is a hairline scratch that appeared out of nowhere on the dial. Should I go to the Rolex service centre to repair it or keep the scratch as I am not sure if servicing it would cause my watch to drop in value.

What RSC will do is simply polish off the scratch..

personally i rather have a scratched unpolished watch than a scratch free but highly polished watch subject to the scratch not being too deep for my comfort..

no right or wrong, see your own comfort level.

Edit: sorry, u mentioned dial. But is same la, own comfort level... i know it can be hard to unsee things and if it’s under warranty, no loss to seek RSC advice
 
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hello, a newbie here, I have bought a Rolex yatchmaster last year but I recently found out there is a hairline scratch that appeared out of nowhere on the dial. Should I go to the Rolex service centre to repair it or keep the scratch as I am not sure if servicing it would cause my watch to drop in value.

if under warranty, go seek RSC help on it. usually they will replace free since there's no way you as a end user can create a scratch on the dial.
 

dunlafatmyname

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Thanks for everyone's replies I just realised that the warranty is over by 2 months -.- ...think may keep it as it is then.

Edit: not hairline but it's something like scratches on the dial.
 

ranmaru1987

Senior Member
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
803
Thanks for everyone's replies I just realised that the warranty is over by 2 months -.- ...think may keep it as it is then.

Edit: not hairline but it's something like scratches on the dial.
I don't understand how can there be scratches on the dial.. it's in an enclosed area..
 

jonjon88

Banned
Joined
May 2, 2020
Messages
2,364
Reaction score
1,052
If Rolex didn’t change the size to 41mm maybe their gamble would have paid off.
Now Kena pwned. All the outgoing 6 digits 40mm subs value will drop. What discontinued BS haha.
Now these grey market sellers can only hope and pray the new 41mm is so scarce and in demand that huge price premiums would turn off potential buyers and divert them to consider the 40mm.
That said prices wouldn’t collapse but good to bring it down.
Well done rolex.

What i don't understand is new launch, old models sell at sky high price cos discontinued (******** crap), and new launch models sold at sky high price too cos scarcity....

think the grey dealers all pakat set high price one...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top