Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2001
Messages
7,754
Reaction score
581
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL
Which AD sells gold?
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL

$4k buy u the assurance it’s not fake 😀
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL
Assuming that the gold you sold lose only $800.
As long your watch overall is under 21k. You're good.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL
Not a bad deal honestly.
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL
Not bad of a deal, definitely never kena carrot.
 

dgjy91

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so friendly and answering my questions. And also just a small update if anyone was curious.

So I managed to get the 126710BLNR (Batman) from the AD after waiting for 3 months and 27 days. Bought it for $15.7k and really really enjoying the watch.

Regarding the 'buying journey' -I purchased a Tudor watch RTP (7.3) + 2.8 worth of gold)

I managed to sell off the Tudor for $4350, the gold is still sitting in somewhere at home LOL

So net spending was $15.7k + $2.95k + $0.8k (assuming that I sell the gold for 2k and make a $800 lost)
which brings about $19.5 for the watch.

Any thoughts? Or i kena carrot LOL
Good deal. I haven't been able to get my Batman even though I spent slightly more than you in that specific "buying journey" lol.
 

mightbeanotter

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Yeah was thinking to just cash out my journey and get something else that's second on my wish list lol. Haven't decided yet. I will probably need another purchase before the Batman..
oh yeah, it was easier for me because my friend already had relationship with the SA, so there was no 'game' they could play. Really hate it when they sell you the whole 'tier 1/2/3 watch buying journey crap'.

What's your wish list though? Sub?
 

dgjy91

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
oh yeah, it was easier for me because my friend already had relationship with the SA, so there was no 'game' they could play. Really hate it when they sell you the whole 'tier 1/2/3 watch buying journey crap'.

What's your wish list though? Sub?
Exactly, I mean I still like the watches I purchased prior, but it sucks when you want the Batman next and nothing else, but they say you "might" need another purchase lol.

Second I think will be the 124060. Really like the whole ND vibes cos I already have a SD43, so no point getting a sub date. But GMT is still first lol.
 

TalkingWatches

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
5
seems like a lot of love for sub ND and GMTs. Any bros here have any advise on Explorer2 white dial, hard to get from AD? I know grey premium not much, but my preference is AD . Appreciate any insights on this.
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
seems like a lot of love for sub ND and GMTs. Any bros here have any advise on Explorer2 white dial, hard to get from AD? I know grey premium not much, but my preference is AD . Appreciate any insights on this.
Not that difficult to get from AD. I guess a DJ purchase should suffice to request for one, I think. But still different SA different style. So better to check
 

n1ef5ng

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2007
Messages
1,175
Reaction score
12
I am at Europe and saw this two models that are available, is it worth it?
Sea dweller 43 15.7k euro nett
Yatchmaster 40 13850 euro nett
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
893
Reaction score
202
Yachtmaster's pretty nice
Unless you're asking if they're worthwhile "investments", then i dunno you can google around
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top