Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Yup, I have been on a "waiting list" for a Batman at one of the ADs for over 5 years liao ;)

Still no call or email other than the first email acknowledging my interest and if I was interested in getting a DJ first blah blah blah
If you don’t purchase anything substantial from the AD, you can indicate interest for a Batman for over 10 years and they will still not call you. Waiting list exists only when you have met the qualifying requirement for a Batman which you can expect a call when an allocation is due for you. They won’t ask you to bundle or to build profile with certain purchases when they don’t really know you. They are not supposed to do that. You need to ask 😊
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,735
Reaction score
486
Yup, I wanted to bring my 12-year GMT II to Top Hour for servicing

First question he asked me was is the watch running fine

When I answered yes, he straight away said no need - don't waste money :ROFLMAO:
but u know roughly how much he charge for a general servicing?
my crown when turning feel weird, maybe need some oiling. but thinking to do a full service tgt. 10yo watch.
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
If you don’t purchase anything substantial from the AD, you can indicate interest for a Batman for over 10 years and they will still not call you. Waiting list exists only when you have met the qualifying requirement for a Batman which you can expect a call when an allocation is due for you. They won’t ask you to bundle or to build profile with certain purchases when they don’t really know you. They are not supposed to do that. You need to ask 😊
Actually I did purchase several watches from them before

Panerai, Hublot etc and a sub a very long time ago

But treat me like new customer when I enquire about a Batman siah
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
but u know roughly how much he charge for a general servicing?
my crown when turning feel weird, maybe need some oiling. but thinking to do a full service tgt. 10yo watch.
I forgot - definitely cheaper than going back to Rolex ;)
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,747
Reaction score
3,348
Anyone bought a new old stock from grey dealer before, anything to look out for?

Heard from edmw that can walk in for TT at ADs?
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Actually I did purchase several watches from them before

Panerai, Hublot etc and a sub a very long time ago

But treat me like new customer when I enquire about a Batman siah
How long ago were those purchases? If they were more than 2 years before your request for Batman, it will not be taken into consideration for current allocation requests. And also when you enquire, was it with the same SA whom you bought those watches from?
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
How long ago were those purchases? If they were more than 2 years before your request for Batman, it will not be taken into consideration for current allocation requests. And also when you enquire, was it with the same SA whom you bought those watches from?
SAs come and go - every time is a different SA

I think should be 2 years or so when I showed my interest hahah

Anyway, I am not interested in playing their game - if got, good, but if don't have also won't die hahah
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
SAs come and go - every time is a different SA

I think should be 2 years or so when I showed my interest hahah

Anyway, I am not interested in playing their game - if got, good, but if don't have also won't die hahah
Yeah agree, it’s just watches. Got, good, dun have also never mind.
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
Yeah agree, it’s just watches. Got, good, dun have also never mind.
Just to add, I actually purchased an Omega Seamaster Pro summer blue from the same AD last year - suspect that won't count towards my purchase history as that's a popular piece as well? Hahah
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
Just to add, I actually purchased an Omega Seamaster Pro summer blue from the same AD last year - suspect that won't count towards my purchase history as that's a popular piece as well? Hahah
Actually every thing in the same AD counts..if you have the right SA.. but if you buy all over the place from different SAs.. nobody would be bothered to help.. unless you try to speak to the store manager
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
Actually every thing in the same AD counts..if you have the right SA.. but if you buy all over the place from different SAs.. nobody would be bothered to help.. unless you try to speak to the store manager
I was told by a SA that as long as my purchases are logged into their system, it would count

But I guess that SA smoked me to get my business cos the previous SA that I bought from was not around anymore
 

C4l3b

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
662
Reaction score
318
I was told by a SA that as long as my purchases are logged into their system, it would count

But I guess that SA smoked me to get my business cos the previous SA that I bought from was not around anymore
He didn’t smoke you entirely. It would count. But whether he is willing to get an allocation for you is another matter.
It could be just a mismatch of expectations
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
He didn’t smoke you entirely. It would count. But whether he is willing to get an allocation for you is another matter.
It could be just a mismatch of expectations
It's okay, I won't die if I don't get an allocation hahah

I buy what I like and not what the AD wants to sell to me ;)
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
3,156
Just to add, I actually purchased an Omega Seamaster Pro summer blue from the same AD last year - suspect that won't count towards my purchase history as that's a popular piece as well? Hahah
Omega would count but not a lot. And it’s better to buy from the same SA so that you can discuss with him / her what you like to request for. Yes, it would count too in the entire AD system but if you buy with different SAs and didn’t build anything substantial with the same SA, the most current SA would usually not fight for you.
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
I was told by a SA that as long as my purchases are logged into their system, it would count

But I guess that SA smoked me to get my business cos the previous SA that I bought from was not around anymore
Are both from the same boutique within a 2 year period ? If same boutique still ok, as same boutique manager ,…. But if you buy from 2 separate boutique than even if same AD ….. your SA/ Boutique Manager may not push for you ……
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top