Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
About a week back, I got info from DBS. Current interest rate has risen to 2.35%...

If I Guess correctly, yours is still under BUC, sibor rate.

Not bad already compared to UOB, which is now 2.5% for BUC (board rate)

I remember 2004/5 era interest rate is 3.5-4%. :D
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
Thanks for your kind advice. I will take note of that. :D
With 2 out of 3 property fully paid, I will definitely take your advice seriously.

I do understand you have been an active figure here trying to throw your weight around and humiliate other forumers like Miguel (not sure if I spell his name correctly) who share different view of yours.

If I appear to be more knowledgeable/convincing than u and may have unintentionally hurt your ego, I would be more than ready to apologise.

Many had read both our views and comments here.
You should be clearer than me who is the bias and the unpopular one here. :D
Sometimes, a little self reflection may help, to watch how certain things u should put across diplomatically so that you will not pissed others off.

Thats great to hear. However, not everyone is as lucky as you (and me:s13:), half of your neighbours will probably be affected by interest and rental rates. If there is some unexpected news, they are likely going to drag the entire property market down with them.

Haha, you remember Mergui! Luckily, you are way more reasonable than him. He simply wants the market to go up, up and up, even though his own freehold condo's price is falling in front of his face. :o

No doubt you are more popular than me. Can see that you spend time advising newbies around here. Great job there. I will see how I can improve on my posts so that it will be less offensive and more objective. Still, if you all dont agree with me, can take a look at what MAS managing director, barclays economists etc are saying about the property market. Don't bother about JLL/ Knight Frank analysts, Propnex CEO or even edgeprop magazine, you know what song they are going to sing :s13:.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Thats great to hear. However, not everyone is as lucky as you (and me:s13:), half of your neighbours will probably be affected by interest and rental rates. If there is some unexpected news, they are likely going to drag the entire property market down with them.

Haha, you remember Mergui! Luckily, you are way more reasonable than him. He simply wants the market to go up, up and up, even though his own freehold condo's price is falling in front of his face. :o

No doubt you are more popular than me. Can see that you spend time advising newbies around here. Great job there. I will see how I can improve on my posts so that it will be less offensive and more objective. Still, if you all dont agree with me, can take a look at what MAS managing director, barclays economists etc are saying about the property market. Don't bother about JLL/ Knight Frank analysts, Propnex CEO or even edgeprop magazine, you know what song they are going to sing :s13:.

The definition of being a discerning reader is u made your own judgement call and filter the rights from wrongs. Analyst are afterall anal-lyst. They have their agenda to meet and family to feed.
If Hyflux can go bust, tell me which other investment is 100% safe?

When Bartley G & L and woodleigh residence were launching at 2xxxpsf, I find it a joke. Guess we both share the same thoughts. Glad u see the rational side of me rather than just a bull charging blindly.
That is probably why to u, I’m different from mergui.
The only extra miles I took is I will make an effort to do a case by case study (back up with facts,data and figures) rather than posting a sweeping statement to dismiss all other possible hidden gems that some of us may have neglected.
Ok, nuff said, I’m really busy this week, you guys continue to have fun here.
Cheers!
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
About a week back, I got info from DBS. Current interest rate has risen to 2.35%...

The range I am seeing for completed units mortgage rates now are about 1.9 to 2.3%, if you try hard and search.
For those due for refinancing (and not refinanced) and those fixed rates, you can even expect 2.5 to 2.68%.
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
URA caveats (these days data are open) showed that Whistler Grand / cdl and treasures /SL both sold about 289 units as of end March. Their median price also similar at about 13xx psf.

However, whistler has 716 units (about 30 plus % sold)whereas treasure has 22xx units about 10 plus % sold. Of course Treasure was only launched recently.

Given both are OCR, one east and one west, catering to different growth regions, which do you think is a better buy?
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
URA caveats (these days data are open) showed that Whistler Grand / cdl and treasures /SL both sold about 289 units as of end March. Their median price also similar at about 13xx psf.

However, whistler has 716 units (about 30 plus % sold)whereas treasure has 22xx units about 10 plus % sold. Of course Treasure was only launched recently.

Given both are OCR, one east and one west, catering to different growth regions, which do you think is a better buy?

I Guess u will go for whistler grand. :D
For me, none.
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
I Guess u will go for whistler grand. :D
For me, none.

To choose one out of the two for investment, choice may be obvious to some.

However, for own stay, you would be surprised, some people die-die must stay in some familiar locality, price appreciation and rentability not a consideration.

Of course if choosing somewhere else is an option, there could be some gems elsewhere.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
To choose one out of the two for investment, choice may be obvious to some.

However, for own stay, you would be surprised, some people die-die must stay in some familiar locality, price appreciation and rentability not a consideration.

Of course if choosing somewhere else is an option, there could be some gems elsewhere.

How true. :D

It only took me less than a day to decide and sign the otp for my investment units.

It took me a month and countless site visit to decide where I should stay.

Self stay vs investment is a totally different thing altogether.
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
One reason why Treasure and Florence are not selling as well as expected is the poor design. They look like DBSS flats with swimming pools!:s13:

If the developers had paid more attention to the architecture, I am sure they will sell better.
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/mismatch-for-residential-take-up-and-launches-in-q1

Anal-lyst now more realistic in their interpretation...”prices could soften for the rest of 2019”

Would you rather wait or take the plunge?

But note “they can incentivise agents... or use other marketing schemes that would not affect the value of the development.”...wonder how they are going to spin their way around.

Just not too long ago, one such person kept insisting why the last unit in a new project was a must buy “I knew it was the incentivising effect”, kept pestering until I told off “ just because you said everyone is buying you expect me to buy?you think I am a herd with herd mentality?” Eventually bugged off and apologised.
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/mismatch-for-residential-take-up-and-launches-in-q1

Anal-lyst now more realistic in their interpretation...”prices could soften for the rest of 2019”

Would you rather wait or take the plunge?

I had shared before, my last bullet will be reserved only after all mega projects are cleared.
In order words, watch out for those “reasonable” land bid sites like sims drive and kampung java launches.

For timing wise, pitch this round of CM like the one in 2013.
U roughly will have an idea when is the best time to enter.
 
Last edited:

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
21,955
Reaction score
2
if u do your calculation, rental < mortgage, maintenance fees, tax etc. i dont see why anyone sees it as a good investment.
 

captain huat

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
4,140
Reaction score
85

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2015
Messages
59,431
Reaction score
4,369
ho say liao.

annetyu is the best property genius in HWZ.
her words are gospel truth.

the crash is here to come!!!!!!

I hope more crash will come. :o This is just the dawn. :o You have yet to see the real one coming yet. :o When that happens your kovan will get impacted. :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top