UOB ONE Account

wwng16

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
17,357
Reaction score
218
i apply for the one cc and the savings account...end up i only received the saving account and not the cc why har?
 

aoptionwriter

Member
Joined
May 30, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
0
No....If it is a spend in debit card, it will help to gain more interest in One Account, but it will not help to get rebate in your CC.

You can play with the calculator here:
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/deposits/chequeing/one_account.html

Try to key in $499 for CC spend, and change debit card spend in the value of $1 and $0. You will see the power of one dollar!

Yes, they are counted simply because they have not been expressly excluded towards the $500 spend.

Net Flashpay don't directly link to our account, therefore we need to 'top up' once in a while. It don't count towards the spend. Correct if I am wrong. Thanks!
 

aoptionwriter

Member
Joined
May 30, 2015
Messages
450
Reaction score
0
FAST is really fast!

Most of the time I will login the internet banking on both bank, the money is virtually immediately transferred. I can see the money came in.

No minimum.

thx for the tip. Is fast easy to use? what is the minimum transfer, max i know is $100k?
 

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
16,912
Reaction score
0
Probably Monday or Tuesday.

So far always receive the interest on the 1st working day of the month.

the interest is pay monthly? I thought it was yearly.

if it is monthly, can really put my $ in there. every month get a few $ also good
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
is that true for mon-fri?

It happened to me on 2 occasions during weekdays
Their email reply also mentioned like that one ... (see below)
They also have something called "Business Day", which is different from transaction date & posting date ...
You can try $10 transfer tonight see what happens :s13:

Thank you for your email reply.

Business date refers to the effective date of the balance in your
account.

Interest will be calculated based on the balance of your account
starting from the effective date. Please take note that any transaction
after the cut-off time will be effective on the following working day.

Here are the details:

Cut-off time for Monday to Saturday : 2140hrs
Sunday or Public Holiday : Considered as next working
day's transfer

If you have further questions, please feel free to email us or contact
us at 1800 363 3333 (+65 6363 3333 if overseas).

Thank you for banking with us. We look forward to serving you again.


Yours sincerely

XXXX
Customer Service Executive
Contact Centre
OCBC Bank
 
Last edited:

i_dun_understand

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2014
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
330
Hi,

Anyone encounter whereby the qualifying transaction on the CC is a different month to the cash saving statement.

Example:
Cash statement for the period of Oct 2015 (01 Oct to 31 Oct)
CC Spending for the period of Sep 2015 ( Mid Sep 2015 to 30 Sep )

As I have only opened my account only in mid Sep 2015. I did not spend the min amount of SGD500. However in the month of Oct 2015, I have definitely spend more than SGD500 on the CC.

Is it the norm whereby the CC spending is base on the previous month ?
 

galkkl

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2015
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

Anyone credit your salary from OCBC bank (Company bank account) into UOB one account?

October 2015 was the first time I credited my salary into my new UOB one account, however, I realised that the transaction code does not reflect "SALA".

For reference, it is:

Inward CR - GIRO
STANDING INSTR
OTHR Other
<COMPANY NAME>

As such, for this month, my interest received is around $60+ (I have maxed out the $50,000 for this account).

Anyone else facing this problem?
 

cbyen

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
could be your company credit ur salary via a normal funds transfer not a salary giro transfer.

Hi there,

Anyone credit your salary from OCBC bank (Company bank account) into UOB one account?

October 2015 was the first time I credited my salary into my new UOB one account, however, I realised that the transaction code does not reflect "SALA".

For reference, it is:

Inward CR - GIRO
STANDING INSTR
OTHR Other
<COMPANY NAME>

As such, for this month, my interest received is around $60+ (I have maxed out the $50,000 for this account).

Anyone else facing this problem?
 

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Anyone encounter whereby the qualifying transaction on the CC is a different month to the cash saving statement.

Example:
Cash statement for the period of Oct 2015 (01 Oct to 31 Oct)
CC Spending for the period of Sep 2015 ( Mid Sep 2015 to 30 Sep )

As I have only opened my account only in mid Sep 2015. I did not spend the min amount of SGD500. However in the month of Oct 2015, I have definitely spend more than SGD500 on the CC.

Is it the norm whereby the CC spending is base on the previous month ?

I don't know if I haven't woken up or what but I reread your post a few times and I still don't know what you are trying to say. :s22:
 

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
dont FAST on Sun or public holiday or for OCBC after 9.30pm on any day ... else will not be so fast

Zzz yeah.. I did an auto-fast transfer from OCBC to be transferred on 1st Nov which was Sunday. My UOB Account only received the money on 2nd Nov. Like that is OCBC or UOB's fault ar? :s13:
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
I don't know if I haven't woken up or what but I reread your post a few times and I still don't know what you are trying to say. :s22:

Look at the signature lor :s13:

anyways, never define cc cycle properly

must ensure the $500 spent in month of october must be within the the statement cycle (eg statement is 15 sep-14 oct or 15oct to 14 nov)
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Zzz yeah.. I did an auto-fast transfer from OCBC to be transferred on 1st Nov which was Sunday. My UOB Account only received the money on 2nd Nov. Like that is OCBC or UOB's fault ar? :s13:

hahaha, chiu's fault lor, for not making sure your transaction dun fall on Sunday lor, for not understanding rules of internet banking lor, hahaha

it is standard banking practice for Sundays/Public Holidays, and for weekdays each bank has its own cutoff times, hahaha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top