UOB ONE Account

lupster

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1,625
Not sure why I'm unable to get the full $147.08 bonus interest for Nov. Suspect it's because my top up is too slow after giro deduction. You guys have any tips on doing the top up? I did my top up on the same day I saw the balance drop but still didnt get the full amount. TIA.
 

whizzard

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2001
Messages
972
Reaction score
3
Why don’t you top-up prior to the actual GIRO deduction?

I top-up on the 1st of every month with an equivalent of my estimated GIRO deductions and leave some buffer in my account to take into consideration the small variations in my actual GIRO deductions.

So far, have been receiving all the bonus interest in full every month.



Not sure why I'm unable to get the full $147.08 bonus interest for Nov. Suspect it's because my top up is too slow after giro deduction. You guys have any tips on doing the top up? I did my top up on the same day I saw the balance drop but still didnt get the full amount. TIA.
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
I top up on the day of the Giro deduction and haven’t missed getting the max rebates. If you miss the day of the Giro deduction, you will need to increase the top up to cover for the loss of the average balance, e.g. if the Giro amount is for $10 on 1st of the month, you have to transfer in $20 on the 2nd to increase the average balance and transfer out the additional $10 on 3rd of the month.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Should be 12am?

no i rem there's a hard cut-off time during a call i made in the past i enquired, just can't recall the exact timing between this 2.

suns and PH will be factored as mon balance that's for sure.
 

lupster

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1,625
I top up on the day of the Giro deduction and haven’t missed getting the max rebates. If you miss the day of the Giro deduction, you will need to increase the top up to cover for the loss of the average balance, e.g. if the Giro amount is for $10 on 1st of the month, you have to transfer in $20 on the 2nd to increase the average balance and transfer out the additional $10 on 3rd of the month.

Mine is a huge amount though. Like a few k. Not sure if it's worth it to top up very much in advance and get only the base interest since my account balance will exceed 70k.
 

lupster

Master Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
3,329
Reaction score
1,625
Why don’t you top-up prior to the actual GIRO deduction?

I top-up on the 1st of every month with an equivalent of my estimated GIRO deductions and leave some buffer in my account to take into consideration the small variations in my actual GIRO deductions.

So far, have been receiving all the bonus interest in full every month.

Is the deduction always 2 days before the due date? Eg. Deduction on 20th when due date is 22nd?
 

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
I top up on the day of the Giro deduction and haven’t missed getting the max rebates. If you miss the day of the Giro deduction, you will need to increase the top up to cover for the loss of the average balance, e.g. if the Giro amount is for $10 on 1st of the month, you have to transfer in $20 on the 2nd to increase the average balance and transfer out the additional $10 on 3rd of the month.

wow.. so troublesome.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
no i rem there's a hard cut-off time during a call i made in the past i enquired, just can't recall the exact timing between this 2.

suns and PH will be factored as mon balance that's for sure.

You remembered wrong bank?
 
Last edited:

whizzard

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2001
Messages
972
Reaction score
3
Is the deduction always 2 days before the due date? Eg. Deduction on 20th when due date is 22nd?

I am also on DBS Multiplier (hence, my salary goes there), so how I get the bonus interest for UOB is via Giro deductions.

I don’t use the UOB One account as my operating account. Hence, I need to automate it so that I don’t have to monitor it at all. The only thing I need to consciously do is to spend at least $500 to my UOB One credit card every month.

Every month, there are only 6 transactions on my UOB One account (and none of it requires me to take any action):

(1) Giro credit from DBS on every 1st (to pay for the estimated Giro deductions from this account for the month);
(2) 2 Giro deductions from IRAS on every 5th (for my property taxes);
(3) a Giro deduction from UOB card centre for my SingTel credit card (which I charge my SingTel bill to and get monthly rebates) on every 20th;
(4) normal interest credited at the end of every month; &
(5) bonus interest credited on every 2nd.

 
Last edited:

ahflirt23

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
I am also on DBS Multiplier (hence, my salary goes there), so how I get the bonus interest for UOB is via Giro deductions.

I don’t use the UOB One account as my operating account. Hence, I need to automate it so that I don’t have to monitor it at all. The only thing I need to consciously do is to spend at least $500 to my UOB One credit card every month.

Every month, there are only 6 transactions on my UOB One account (and none of it requires me to take any action):

(1) Giro credit from DBS on every 1st (to pay for the estimated Giro deductions from this account for the month);
(2) 2 Giro deductions from IRAS on every 5th (for my property taxes);
(3) a Giro deduction from UOB card centre for my SingTel credit card (which I charge my SingTel bill to and get monthly rebates) on every 20th;
(4) normal interest credited at the end of every month; &
(5) bonus interest credited on every 2nd.


How did you arrange for the Giro credit from DBS? Standing instructions set up from DBS/POSB is recognized as FAST transfer right?
 

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
I tried to apply for GIRO and deduct from my ONE account, but it got rejected with the reason "Signature irregular". Any one knows what that means? It didn't say that the signature is different from the bank records or that it's unclear. So what does irregular mean?
 

comex_1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
677
Reaction score
4
Not know Giro Credit also counted for three Giro transaction before. for the $500 Credit Card spending, actually you can pay partial of your income tax and property tax every month using Credit Card and just leave $5 for the Giro deduction

I am also on DBS Multiplier (hence, my salary goes there), so how I get the bonus interest for UOB is via Giro deductions.

I don’t use the UOB One account as my operating account. Hence, I need to automate it so that I don’t have to monitor it at all. The only thing I need to consciously do is to spend at least $500 to my UOB One credit card every month.

Every month, there are only 6 transactions on my UOB One account (and none of it requires me to take any action):

(1) Giro credit from DBS on every 1st (to pay for the estimated Giro deductions from this account for the month);
(2) 2 Giro deductions from IRAS on every 5th (for my property taxes);
(3) a Giro deduction from UOB card centre for my SingTel credit card (which I charge my SingTel bill to and get monthly rebates) on every 20th;
(4) normal interest credited at the end of every month; &
(5) bonus interest credited on every 2nd.

 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Not know Giro Credit also counted for three Giro transaction before. for the $500 Credit Card spending, actually you can pay partial of your income tax and property tax every month using Credit Card and just leave $5 for the Giro deduction

Have you tried personally that $5 will trigger GIRO for property tax ?

They explained that my property tax is spilt into 10 mths installment because min must be $10. Hence no GIRO in Nov and Dec every year.
 

whizzard

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2001
Messages
972
Reaction score
3
Not know Giro Credit also counted for three Giro transaction before. for the $500 Credit Card spending, actually you can pay partial of your income tax and property tax every month using Credit Card and just leave $5 for the Giro deduction

Giro credit into your One Account is not counted.

Only Giro debit from your One Account is counted.
 

comex_1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
677
Reaction score
4
yes, triggered, GVMT money, even 1 cent.

Have you tried personally that $5 will trigger GIRO for property tax ?

They explained that my property tax is spilt into 10 mths installment because min must be $10. Hence no GIRO in Nov and Dec every year.
 

luvpraline

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
867
Reaction score
66
Not know Giro Credit also counted for three Giro transaction before. for the $500 Credit Card spending, actually you can pay partial of your income tax and property tax every month using Credit Card and just leave $5 for the Giro deduction

I thought income tax and property tax considered government txn and do not count towards $500 min spend?
 

comex_1

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
677
Reaction score
4
OmYou still can do the following way, use UOB one card to tpp up Grabpay, it is counted. then use Grabpay to pay Tax.

I thought income tax and property tax considered government txn and do not count towards $500 min spend?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top