UOB ONE Account

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,843
Reaction score
2,778
Free for 3 years. I cancelled the debit card and replaced with normal ATM card (for joint account) on 31 Jul at branch. But 3 Aug still got charged.
Hotline say will reverse.
did you only recently apply?

if it's free for 3 years why was it charged on 3 Aug if you applied only recently? strange...
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,797
Reaction score
2,708
Thanks to all your replies.

Had this card when I opened one account. Didn’t realise already three years. I hardly use this card as my spending is charged to other UOB credit card to fulfill the requirements for higher interest.

Dun really like to use debit card for online transactions. Might as well cancel it.

did you only recently apply?

if it's free for 3 years why was it charged on 3 Aug if you applied only recently? strange...
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,362
Reaction score
3,715
did you only recently apply?

if it's free for 3 years why was it charged on 3 Aug if you applied only recently? strange...
Applied roughly 3 years ago. Knew they were going to charge so quickly cancelled it at branch on 31 Jul. So their system not updated realtime.
 

Zagasaurus

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I think the UOB One Account is having an ongoing promo, with a 3-year fee waiver, for tertiary students now till the end of Sept 2021. Naturally, the catch is you have to be a 'young' tertiary student, age 18-24 lah.

The present promo includes a $200 lucky draw (ends this Sunday, 22/08) and a $16 cash credit if you are able to jiao 4 other friends to sign up. And successful applicants will get the $16 cash credit. Naturally, got its T&Cs, but still not too bad lah.

Told my nephew in poly to jiao friends and apply 1st and decide 3 years later. Free money is free money.
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Is UOB system down? Unable to login ibanking and do card transaction.
Hotline also not working!
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,184
Reaction score
3,197
Hi guys,

I would like to check if multiple GIRO transactions to the same billing organisation will count towards the eligibility criteria on the One Account, or it has to be to unique billing organisation
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,843
Reaction score
2,778
Hi guys,

I would like to check if multiple GIRO transactions to the same billing organisation will count towards the eligibility criteria on the One Account, or it has to be to unique billing organisation
I think it can be checked via the app/ibanking.. someone shared the tracker (whether you met the criteria for bonus interest for the One account).

for GIRO it shows 0/3 payments, 1/3 payments, 2/3 payments and so on.. depending on the number of GIRO deductions.

but I think the short answer to your question should be yes, as long as they are posted as separate transactions.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,184
Reaction score
3,197
I think it can be checked via the app/ibanking.. someone shared the tracker (whether you met the criteria for bonus interest for the One account).

for GIRO it shows 0/3 payments, 1/3 payments, 2/3 payments and so on.. depending on the number of GIRO deductions.

but I think the short answer to your question should be yes, as long as they are posted as separate transactions.
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Appreciate it. Yeah, I do not have the account yet. So as part of my planning stage, would love to know if they can be repeated to the same billing org or has to be unique.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Appreciate it. Yeah, I do not have the account yet. So as part of my planning stage, would love to know if they can be repeated to the same billing org or has to be unique.
no need unique, e.g. giro payment for each uob card count as a giro txn, 3 cards 3 txns
 

dappermen

Banned
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
8,663
Reaction score
1,017
i hve never fall into a trap to b a slave for $ or banks!

they r to earn for me, not me keep spending to help them
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,306
Reaction score
9,039
Spend within ur means. But if u can use others (in this case banks) to gain something and still spend within ones means, why not.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,396
Reaction score
1,554
Bonus interest if you satisfy the required conditions and have ADB of $75k in the account :
From 01 Nov 2020 to ....

28 days in the month = $54.65
29 days in the month = $56.60
30 days in the month = $58.56
31 days in the month = $60.51

Bonus interest is in ....
 

Lareina

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
10,287
Reaction score
5,301
I intended to open a stash account initially, but after knowing that they will issue a debit card with it I dropped the idea. Like why make people get a debit card for this account when it's meant to be a purely savings account not meant for spending? They should provide us with the option of selecting a card or not instead. :rolleyes:

the debit card seems to come along when the account is open if you apply online... yes it's $18 per year but I think it's waived if you perform 12 transactions yearly. apparently it's free for first 3 years. yours is already 4th year?

see: https://www.uob.com.sg/onecards/apply-now.html

I just applied for the stash account and it comes with the debit card by default too. can't deselect. am intending to cancel the card when I receive it as I won't be using their debit card when I already have the UOB One card.

the bank shouldn't force us to get the debit card when applying (if we're already an existing customer).
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,396
Reaction score
1,554
Bonus interest if you satisfy the required conditions and have ADB of $75k in the account :
From 01 Nov 2020 to ....

28 days in the month = $54.65
29 days in the month = $56.60
30 days in the month = $58.56
31 days in the month = $60.51
Bonus interest is in ....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top