UOB ONE Account

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
maybe they changed their tnc. But previously when I asked if I can have 2x stash accounts they said cannot. if want 2 the 2nd must be a joint account and I cannot be main holder.
cannot have 2x stash but can have 1x uob one account 1x stash
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,695
Reaction score
1,921
I applied last nite before 10pm but till now account never opened yet, so no qualified?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,844
Reaction score
2,778
I applied last nite before 10pm but till now account never opened yet, so no qualified?

application submitted after 9pm will be considered as next day application.. it's mentioned at the bottom of the application page.

I submitted mine around 7+pm and account was opened within 10 mins.
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,695
Reaction score
1,921
application submitted after 9pm will be considered as next day application.. it's mentioned at the bottom of the application page.

I submitted mine around 7+pm and account was opened within 10 mins.
Jin tulan, so how dun pump monies inside this account?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,844
Reaction score
2,778
Jin tulan, so how dun pump monies inside this account?
yah... just leave it zero (no fall-below fee for 1st 6 mths). then 6 mths later close the account lor (or the bank will probably close automatically for zero balance). else will incur $30 early closure fee.
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,695
Reaction score
1,921
yah... just leave it zero (no fall-below fee for 1st 6 mths). then 6 mths later close the account lor (or the bank will probably close automatically for zero balance). else will incur $30 early closure fee.
Just called customer service, as long as applied before 2359 yesterday's, still in the game for 56buck
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,695
Reaction score
1,921
Took me two days yesterday and this morning to supply 5.6k from external accounts to this new uob account, hope it is counted?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,844
Reaction score
2,778
Took me two days yesterday and this morning to supply 5.6k from external accounts to this new uob account, hope it is counted?
I think we only need to deposit by 31 Aug... no need to deposit immediately. I only intend to deposit on 31 Aug. so your case I'm sure it's counted (provided your application was counted as applied before the deadline as shared in your previous post (y)

---

TnC:

(iii) your Application must be approved by UOB and you must be issued with an account number for your New Account by 31 August 2021 (the “Account Opening Deadline”); and

(iv) you deposit into your New Account a minimum amount of S$5,600 in Fresh Funds (“Fresh Funds Deposit”) via any one of the following channels by the Account Opening Deadline
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Took me two days yesterday and this morning to supply 5.6k from external accounts to this new uob account, hope it is counted?
You're a little too early as no need to do it immediately but you do you. Just don't take out till 1 sep now since u alr funded.
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,797
Reaction score
2,708
I got a shock when I checked my account yesterday. I was charged $18 for my UOB one debit card fee. Thought debit card is FOC? Anybody experienced this?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,844
Reaction score
2,778
I got a shock when I checked my account yesterday. I was charged $18 for my UOB one debit card fee. Thought debit card is FOC? Anybody experienced this?
the debit card seems to come along when the account is open if you apply online... yes it's $18 per year but I think it's waived if you perform 12 transactions yearly. apparently it's free for first 3 years. yours is already 4th year?

see: https://www.uob.com.sg/onecards/apply-now.html

I just applied for the stash account and it comes with the debit card by default too. can't deselect. am intending to cancel the card when I receive it as I won't be using their debit card when I already have the UOB One card.

the bank shouldn't force us to get the debit card when applying (if we're already an existing customer).
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,362
Reaction score
3,715
I got a shock when I checked my account yesterday. I was charged $18 for my UOB one debit card fee. Thought debit card is FOC? Anybody experienced this?
Free for 3 years. I cancelled the debit card and replaced with normal ATM card (for joint account) on 31 Jul at branch. But 3 Aug still got charged.
Hotline say will reverse.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
I got a shock when I checked my account yesterday. I was charged $18 for my UOB one debit card fee. Thought debit card is FOC? Anybody experienced this?
waived for first 3 years. subsequent years need to have to clock 12 spendings for auto waiver. but waiver is subjective and members here have previously encountered unwillingness to waive by UOB and cancelled the card. not sure what's UOB current stance.

no harm done if you cancel. just reapply if u really need.

"S$18 (free for first 3 years, fee can be waived with 12 transaction per year for subsequent years)"
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top