UOB ONE Account

ECyClone

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
235
UOB have 2 options. One that is both ATM card and debit card and one that is pure ATM card

Maybank only have card that is ATM cum debit card.

OCBC not sure. I have account but no ATM card. End up cannot reserve new notes online because must have ATM card or credit card with OCBC then can do their online reservation. Lousy bank.
I do have the UOB ATM card too. Learning from OCBC's experience, I use it once in a while so that they will know I still need that card so will send me replacement when near expiry. :ROFLMAO:

Still into notes exchange? Can consider the good-as-new notes withdrawal from the pop-up ATM. UOB has that too.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
I do have the UOB ATM card too. Learning from OCBC's experience, I use it once in a while so that they will know I still need that card so will send me replacement when near expiry. :ROFLMAO:

Still into notes exchange? Can consider the good-as-new notes withdrawal from the pop-up ATM. UOB has that too.
Got Pioneer Generation folks at home. Must be crisp new notes. Think they like the feel of crisp notes. Once a year so just do some legwork to make them happy.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
1,538
Got Pioneer Generation folks at home. Must be crisp new notes. Think they like the feel of crisp notes. Once a year so just do some legwork to make them happy.
I totally agree as I do the same thing every year too....
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Auto waived? Never got such "good service" or maybe the first year they do auto waived but subsequently need to request. Or should say see got annual subscription fee from IB, even when statement is not out already quickly jump into action to request waiver. :ROFLMAO:
Then that is strange becuz mine is auto waived. In fact every year I hope they terminate my card as their rebates is too much continued 3 month spending with some limit some more etc. I prefer SC , CIMB , BOC rebate better. That month spend that month rebate give me even if I spend 5 dollars also give me

But since no need pay annual fee I hold lor. White colour look nice but pity gather dust.
 

ECyClone

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
235
Then that is strange becuz mine is auto waived. In fact every year I hope they terminate my card as their rebates is too much continued 3 month spending with some limit some more etc. I prefer SC , CIMB , BOC rebate better. That month spend that month rebate give me even if I spend 5 dollars also give me

But since no need pay annual fee I hold lor. White colour look nice but pity gather dust.
So far not for me. Or maybe I kancheong to quickly call to waive once I see it. Maybe should wait a little while longer. :ROFLMAO:

The 3 month spending a bit irritating lah. But if every month can meet the minimum $500 still good to have it. SC is my secondary card also.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
3.33% is still one of the highest and easiest to clock ($500). only need to be consistent for 3 months...
read that some cards offer higher (8%?) but a lot of conditions like higher min. spend (like $800), capped at some limit per category, only for certain categories (like online or eateries or petrol, etc.).

so overall UOB One card still my go-to card for clocking rebates. any excess I'll use SC unlimited (1.5%) which always waive for free over the automated request.

I think if more than one card with the same bank, it will be harder to waive both. so better to get cards from different banks.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
So far not for me. Or maybe I kancheong to quickly call to waive once I see it. Maybe should wait a little while longer. :ROFLMAO:

The 3 month spending a bit irritating lah. But if every month can meet the minimum $500 still good to have it. SC is my secondary card also.

That is why different cash rebate card cater to different needs of consumer. Obviously for UOB One card they are targeting high spending consumer. 500 to me is ALOT! and must continuously 3 months spend! But if your spending is already reaching this then of cuz UOB One rebate higher. But if my spending is say Shopee,Lazada buy usb cable, toys 1-2 dollars I so hard to reach that 500 so SC, CIMB, BOC come to the rescue becuz they offer rebate even if it is 1-2 dollars.

Lesson learnt is credit card diversification is a must. In fact this word diversification is everywhere. Investment instruments, bank acct, FD, etc etc.

PS I suspect why they never terminate my card is somehow their back-end system detect I am their customer in their United SGD fund? This is just a guess as I cannot understand 0 spending for so many years they don't cut my card, don't they incur cost to maintain an account that incur 0 transaction? Periodically send hardcopy statement some more this no need monies and printer ink to print ? Hmmm
 

ECyClone

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
235
That is why different cash rebate card cater to different needs of consumer. Obviously for UOB One card they are targeting high spending consumer. 500 to me is ALOT! and must continuously 3 months spend! But if your spending is already reaching this then of cuz UOB One rebate higher. But if my spending is say Shopee,Lazada buy usb cable, toys 1-2 dollars I so hard to reach that 500 so SC, CIMB, BOC come to the rescue becuz they offer rebate even if it is 1-2 dollars.

Lesson learnt is credit card diversification is a must. In fact this word diversification is everywhere. Investment instruments, bank acct, FD, etc etc.

PS I suspect why they never terminate my card is somehow their back-end system detect I am their customer in their United SGD fund? This is just a guess as I cannot understand 0 spending for so many years they don't cut my card, don't they incur cost to maintain an account that incur 0 transaction? Periodically send hardcopy statement some more this no need monies and printer ink to print ? Hmmm
Prior covid time easier to meet the $500 cos colleagues and friends are quite happy to let me pay with my card and pay cash or PayNow after splitting the bill. Now still possible but once a while may miss. So will buy some vouchers from the online platform to make up the minimum spend.

Well... They stopped sending the hardcopies since last year. Going green initiative. :devilish:
I will also keep they card as long as they don't make me busy lo. :ROFLMAO:
 

ECyClone

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
235
3.33% is still one of the highest and easiest to clock ($500). only need to be consistent for 3 months...
read that some cards offer higher (8%?) but a lot of conditions like higher min. spend (like $800), capped at some limit per category, only for certain categories (like online or eateries or petrol, etc.).

so overall UOB One card still my go-to card for clocking rebates. any excess I'll use SC unlimited (1.5%) which always waive for free over the automated request.

I think if more than one card with the same bank, it will be harder to waive both. so better to get cards from different banks.
Ya think so too. Used to have 2 different cards from UOB. Till some point of time they decided to not to waive the annual fees for that card I had more than 15 years. Hard to cancel that card (even though have some sentimental value :ROFLMAO:) since hardly use it after getting the ONE Card.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Prior covid time easier to meet the $500 cos colleagues and friends are quite happy to let me pay with my card and pay cash or PayNow after splitting the bill. Now still possible but once a while may miss. So will buy some vouchers from the online platform to make up the minimum spend.

Well... They stopped sending the hardcopies since last year. Going green initiative. :devilish:
I will also keep they card as long as they don't make me busy lo. :ROFLMAO:
I still get hardcopy of card statement. Everytime they auto switch to electronic I switch back.

I scared I die suddenly my family members don't know got outstanding bill and interest keep rolling. A financial advisor told me bank won't waive even if cardholder is dead.

UOB One card suits me very well. SP bill, Grab, Shoppee, Giant, Cold Storage....Plus stack with UOB One bank account for interest. $500 still can meet 🙂
 

ECyClone

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
235
I still get hardcopy of card statement. Everytime they auto switch to electronic I switch back.

I scared I die suddenly my family members don't know got outstanding bill and interest keep rolling. A financial advisor told me bank won't waive even if cardholder is dead.

UOB One card suits me very well. SP bill, Grab, Shoppee, Giant, Cold Storage....Plus stack with UOB One bank account for interest. $500 still can meet 🙂
Ah... I no think that far yet cos still "abled". Will start to plan liao
 

TheDarkKnight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
9,936
Reaction score
714
Er, is there any reason paynow limit via the app became 1000/day?

I dun rmb having such a low limit..

N transaction limit option dun seem to have the paynow limit to change
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774

xy2010xy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
1
I got one card rebate on Nov.30. is it 3 consecutive months spend of Sep. Oct. Nov or Aug. sep. Oct.?
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
That is why different cash rebate card cater to different needs of consumer. Obviously for UOB One card they are targeting high spending consumer. 500 to me is ALOT! and must continuously 3 months spend! But if your spending is already reaching this then of cuz UOB One rebate higher. But if my spending is say Shopee,Lazada buy usb cable, toys 1-2 dollars I so hard to reach that 500 so SC, CIMB, BOC come to the rescue becuz they offer rebate even if it is 1-2 dollars.

Lesson learnt is credit card diversification is a must. In fact this word diversification is everywhere. Investment instruments, bank acct, FD, etc etc.

PS I suspect why they never terminate my card is somehow their back-end system detect I am their customer in their United SGD fund? This is just a guess as I cannot understand 0 spending for so many years they don't cut my card, don't they incur cost to maintain an account that incur 0 transaction? Periodically send hardcopy statement some more this no need monies and printer ink to print ? Hmmm

$500 for bills is quite achievable.

SP services - $150
HP Bills $30
Fibre - $40
Giant - $200 (buy some vouchers)
Qoo10/Lazada/Shopee - $100
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
$500 for bills is quite achievable.

SP services - $150
HP Bills $30
Fibre - $40
Giant - $200 (buy some vouchers)
Qoo10/Lazada/Shopee - $100
That is assuming you consolidate all spending into one credit card. But sometimes for some payment use card ABC or card DEF get better benefits so you want them to pay instead. Hence your spending are diversified across multiple cards. With this it will be hard to meet the UOB $500 monthly spending. UOB strategy is to lure customer all use his card which is not wrong but just not applicable for my case.

Diversification in credit card spending just like in investment is better IMHO. I don't like to be tied to only one credit card and maybe later held ransom say forget pay late payment charges ding dong here and there issues.
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
1,538
Bonus interest for month of July 2021 should be in within the next 2 days ....

Bonus interest if you satisfy the required conditions and have ADB of $75k in the account :
From 01 Nov 2020 to ....

28 days in the month = $54.65
29 days in the month = $56.60
30 days in the month = $58.56
31 days in the month = $60.51
Bonus interest is in yesterday ....
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
That is assuming you consolidate all spending into one credit card. But sometimes for some payment use card ABC or card DEF get better benefits so you want them to pay instead. Hence your spending are diversified across multiple cards. With this it will be hard to meet the UOB $500 monthly spending. UOB strategy is to lure customer all use his card which is not wrong but just not applicable for my case.

Diversification in credit card spending just like in investment is better IMHO. I don't like to be tied to only one credit card and maybe later held ransom say forget pay late payment charges ding dong here and there issues.

I think diversification for credit cards is only applicable if you can spend sufficiently enough to meet the minimum spend for each card's rebate/reward.

For those who don't spend much each month, one card is usually sufficient...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top