UOB ONE Account

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
I know favepay topup is not eligible for bonus interest or rebates, what about favepay later, which is charged to the credit card and then into 3 separate payments?
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,641
Reaction score
1,917
Can replace delete that one debit with one credit without penalty if I only recently applied for the debit card?
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
UOB One card charged with annual fee $192.60 posted on 1 Apr. I applied for waiver using phone automation on 3 Apr but till today no SMS on status.

Just called up and was told waiver unsuccessful. CSO said I am also holding the UOB Absolute card and asked if I can consolidate my spending to just one card.

I ask to put up appeal for waiver but was told it will take 5 working days ie by 28 Apr. My billing date is by calender month.

Anyone holding more than 1 card and managed to get waiver on appeal ? My quarter is Mar to May. Trying to decide if I should carry on spending to meet the min spend for Apr because too late if I wait till 28 Apr.

Probably will have to decide which of the 2 cardsto keep : UOB One card and UOB Absolute AMEX card.

Btw, does UOB Absolute card charge annual fee and how much is it ?
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,381
Reaction score
1,550
UOB One card charged with annual fee $192.60 posted on 1 Apr. I applied for waiver using phone automation on 3 Apr but till today no SMS on status.

Just called up and was told waiver unsuccessful. CSO said I am also holding the UOB Absolute card and asked if I can consolidate my spending to just one card.

I ask to put up appeal for waiver but was told it will take 5 working days ie by 28 Apr. My billing date is by calender month.

Anyone holding more than 1 card and managed to get waiver on appeal ? My quarter is Mar to May. Trying to decide if I should carry on spending to meet the min spend for Apr because too late if I wait till 28 Apr.

Probably will have to decide which of the 2 cardsto keep : UOB One card and UOB Absolute AMEX card.

Btw, does UOB Absolute card charge annual fee and how much is it ?
Thanks for sharing .... I only have one card, so hopefully can get waiver ....
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,641
Reaction score
1,917
UOB One card charged with annual fee $192.60 posted on 1 Apr. I applied for waiver using phone automation on 3 Apr but till today no SMS on status.

Just called up and was told waiver unsuccessful. CSO said I am also holding the UOB Absolute card and asked if I can consolidate my spending to just one card.

I ask to put up appeal for waiver but was told it will take 5 working days ie by 28 Apr. My billing date is by calender month.

Anyone holding more than 1 card and managed to get waiver on appeal ? My quarter is Mar to May. Trying to decide if I should carry on spending to meet the min spend for Apr because too late if I wait till 28 Apr.

Probably will have to decide which of the 2 cardsto keep : UOB One card and UOB Absolute AMEX card.

Btw, does UOB Absolute card charge annual fee and how much is it ?
I suppose u didn't met the min spending amount?
 

Froggyman

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
912
Reaction score
112
UOB One card charged with annual fee $192.60 posted on 1 Apr. I applied for waiver using phone automation on 3 Apr but till today no SMS on status.

Just called up and was told waiver unsuccessful. CSO said I am also holding the UOB Absolute card and asked if I can consolidate my spending to just one card.

I ask to put up appeal for waiver but was told it will take 5 working days ie by 28 Apr. My billing date is by calender month.

Anyone holding more than 1 card and managed to get waiver on appeal ? My quarter is Mar to May. Trying to decide if I should carry on spending to meet the min spend for Apr because too late if I wait till 28 Apr.

Probably will have to decide which of the 2 cardsto keep : UOB One card and UOB Absolute AMEX card.

Btw, does UOB Absolute card charge annual fee and how much is it ?
Then maybe you want to consider to keep ONE card only and then get AMex cashback card.
Amex offer slightly less cashback % but you still can have ONE card.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
Then maybe you want to consider to keep ONE card only and then get AMex cashback card.
Amex offer slightly less cashback % but you still can have ONE card.
Thought over it. I prefer to keep the UOB Absolute card because when have expenditure that all my other credit cards exclude I can use it. Have peace of mind also for uncertain expenditure. Will move my expenditure to other credit cards and UOB Absolute card.

Will terminate UOB One card. No point paying $192.60 when my card rebate is $200 per year. I do get additional card rebates but mostly for SP that is just 1% more. Also if I pay for annual fee now, later they going to charge me annual fee for UOB Absolute card on basis that I have 2 cards.

Without UOB One card, no point keeping UOB One account that gives 1%. Will move money to HSBC EGA which I can get 1.68%. Move my GIROs over get another 1% on GIRO amount. Move my card expenditure over to HSBC credit card get another 1% on card spend on top of credit card rebate.

I started HSBC EGA 2 months ago. But wanted to diversify and too lazy to move my GIRO. So I guess this charging of annual fee just push me to maximize it.

Hope UOB realize that their credit card fee waiver policy does impact their savings account. My UOB One account opened in 2017. Would be too lazy to move without a push.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,836
Reaction score
2,778
just sharing that I combine UOB One Visa (3.33% to 5% depending on spend) with SC Unlimited Mastercard (1.5% anything) for best of both worlds (for credit cards).

UOB Absolute gives only 1.7% iirc and the expenditure doesn't qualify for UOB One bonus interest (correct me if I'm wrong). And having two UOB credit cards will likely not get you a waiver for annual fee, so have to choose one over another. I think UOB One still have its use with the 3.33% to 5% rebate and also the 1% savings with $75k.

HSBC on the other hand is 1.48%/1.68% every other month - not every month - unless you have two HSBC savings account... because of the month-over-month requirement for EGA 1%.

🤷‍♂️ my two cents...
 

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
6,832
Reaction score
3,438
Thought over it. I prefer to keep the UOB Absolute card because when have expenditure that all my other credit cards exclude I can use it. Have peace of mind also for uncertain expenditure. Will move my expenditure to other credit cards and UOB Absolute card.

Will terminate UOB One card. No point paying $192.60 when my card rebate is $200 per year. I do get additional card rebates but mostly for SP that is just 1% more. Also if I pay for annual fee now, later they going to charge me annual fee for UOB Absolute card on basis that I have 2 cards.

Without UOB One card, no point keeping UOB One account that gives 1%. Will move money to HSBC EGA which I can get 1.68%. Move my GIROs over get another 1% on GIRO amount. Move my card expenditure over to HSBC credit card get another 1% on card spend on top of credit card rebate.

I started HSBC EGA 2 months ago. But wanted to diversify and too lazy to move my GIRO. So I guess this charging of annual fee just push me to maximize it.

Hope UOB realize that their credit card fee waiver policy does impact their savings account. My UOB One account opened in 2017. Would be too lazy to move without a push.

hsbc 1.68% is only for promo 3mths period, then when the next promo ref mth hits your current mth, you are out for the next promo cycle. Its not 1.68% every month.

hsbc cc giro dont qualify for that giro 1% rebate.

lastly dont think by you leaving will make uob realise anything.

btw its not specifically just cc spend that determines waiver. Its the OVERALL banking relationship activity. My uob card i only charge $500/mth, and i have always have auto waiver for the past >10years. my posb card ? $4/mth, also auto waiver every year.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
hsbc 1.68% is only for promo 3mths period, then when the next promo ref mth hits your current mth, you are out for the next promo cycle. Its not 1.68% every month.

hsbc cc giro dont qualify for that giro 1% rebate.

lastly dont think by you leaving will make uob realise anything.

btw its not specifically just cc spend that determines waiver. Its the OVERALL banking relationship activity. My uob card i only charge $500/mth, and i have always have auto waiver for the past >10years. my posb card ? $4/mth, also auto waiver every year.

HSBC on the other hand is 1.48%/1.68% every other month - not every month - unless you have two HSBC savings account... because of the month-over-month requirement for EGA 1%.

I have 2 HSBC EGA account.

My GIRO is not for HSBC credit card.

Yours waived because you only have 1 credit card with them right ? Mine used to be waived till now because I got the UOB Absolute card last year. This card is quite new. I suppose more people will start to face this issue of no waiver if have more than 1 card soon.
 

Chewbaca

Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
145
Hi same situation as you. Till today, i did not receive any sms on successful fee waiver .

So was going to cancel the UOB One card. But i have an installment plan which is only in 3rd payment 3/12. Sian. May have problem cancelling.


UOB One card charged with annual fee $192.60 posted on 1 Apr. I applied for waiver using phone automation on 3 Apr but till today no SMS on status.

Just called up and was told waiver unsuccessful. CSO said I am also holding the UOB Absolute card and asked if I can consolidate my spending to just one card.

I ask to put up appeal for waiver but was told it will take 5 working days ie by 28 Apr. My billing date is by calender month.

Anyone holding more than 1 card and managed to get waiver on appeal ? My quarter is Mar to May. Trying to decide if I should carry on spending to meet the min spend for Apr because too late if I wait till 28 Apr.

Probably will have to decide which of the 2 cardsto keep : UOB One card and UOB Absolute AMEX card.

Btw, does UOB Absolute card charge annual fee and how much is it ?
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
Hi same situation as you. Till today, i did not receive any sms on successful fee waiver .

So was going to cancel the UOB One card. But i have an installment plan which is only in 3rd payment 3/12. Sian. May have problem cancelling.
I just received SMS from UOB yesterday that appeal failed.

We have reviewed and regret that your UOB card fee waiver request is unsuccessful. Thank you for banking with UOB.

UOB and OCBC plus certain cards of BOC are known not to grant waivers. I usually avoid their cards for instalment plan.

But if you only have one UOB credit card, appeal and see if they will waive.
 

Chewbaca

Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2019
Messages
360
Reaction score
145
The cso called me last thur, say help me put up appeal. If no sms by 28 apr, means no successful. i did not even revieve the unsuccessful sms .

So far, for past 4 years they waived my annual fees. This is first time they so ngeow.

So much work to cancel the card, the 3 giro, the installment plan and also the funds. Zzzzzz
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
3,714
The cso called me last thur, say help me put up appeal. If no sms by 28 apr, means no successful. i did not even revieve the unsuccessful sms .

So far, for past 4 years they waived my annual fees. This is first time they so ngeow.

So much work to cancel the card, the 3 giro, the installment plan and also the funds. Zzzzzz
I called up last Thu too. CSO say need 5 working days ie know by 28 Apr.

I suggest you call up and ask about the appeal status and what happen to installment plan if you cancel card. In case got penalty, you can decide whether to pay annual fee or not.
 

liquidlight

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,840
Reaction score
441
just sharing that I combine UOB One Visa (3.33% to 5% depending on spend) with SC Unlimited Mastercard (1.5% anything) for best of both worlds (for credit cards).

UOB Absolute gives only 1.7% iirc and the expenditure doesn't qualify for UOB One bonus interest (correct me if I'm wrong). And having two UOB credit cards will likely not get you a waiver for annual fee, so have to choose one over another. I think UOB One still have its use with the 3.33% to 5% rebate and also the 1% savings with $75k.

HSBC on the other hand is 1.48%/1.68% every other month - not every month - unless you have two HSBC savings account... because of the month-over-month requirement for EGA 1%.

🤷‍♂️ my two cents...
SC unlimited MC does it apply to tuition centre?
 

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,641
Reaction score
1,917
The cso called me last thur, say help me put up appeal. If no sms by 28 apr, means no successful. i did not even revieve the unsuccessful sms .

So far, for past 4 years they waived my annual fees. This is first time they so ngeow.

So much work to cancel the card, the 3 giro, the installment plan and also the funds. Zzzzzz
Heng I keep to my one debit card, Bo ta ji sia
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top