UOB ONE Account

Moowoow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
12,667
Reaction score
1,920
Ok la still lower than FD. Should at least match their FD EIR 2.6% or higher with all these salary credit and card spend stuff. I find UOB evol to be very good, every month consistently get back $40 on top of interest. I use UOB one card as secondary now.
My evol card is a debit card, also get 40 ?
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
to me it's easier than DBS multiplier... which needs to clock so many different things to get 1.9% for $100k.

but anyway now's not the time to park with any of the local banks because there're so many better options out there.

RHB (4.2 - 4.5%) > EGA (2 - 3%) > eSaver (1.8 - 2.2%) > Singlife (2 - 2.5%, only for $10k sadly)

and there's also 6-mth T-bills... so short term wise the local banks will likely be bleeding cash because people in the know will move out to park elsewhere.

they're rolling out higher rates for FDs in an attempt to lock in our money instead of trying to increase the savings rates. that's how I see it.

Thanks for sharing. That seems like RHB is still the best deal to go for? Thanks!
 

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
14,474
Reaction score
2,046
I find it weird that UOB FD account need to head down to branch to open it.
 

BBQ99

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
330
Reaction score
63
I find it weird that UOB FD account need to head down to branch to open it.
My guess is their IT not enough time to update as it is decided on Sat. I have a frd who went on Fri to cancel the 2.4% offer last mth to update to 2.6% at 12 mth was not given the 2.7% offer. I believe later next week it will be updated
 

darwinkoh

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
362
Reaction score
19
Now UOB ONE account distinguished the rates between "3 GIRO payments" and "salary crediting". For salary crediting, possible to set up standing instruction to transfer a amount of $1,600 with reference as "SALA“? For Maybank SaveUp account, such set up works.... Not sure if such set up works for accounts which give higher interest rate for salary crediting.... e.g. OCBC360, UOB ONE, DBS Multiplier or BOC SmartSaver... Comments please. Thanks.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,694
Reaction score
3,288
IMHO, not very fair to compare with a 1year FD lah..

One is purely liquid vs lock-up for 365 days....

If all current / saving account's rate matches FD, then what's the point of banks offering FD to lock up your $ for months or even years? :rolleyes:
Ya but still, pre covid time UOB one account is 0.6% higher than FD, need salary credit and min spend 500. I used to get 152 sgd as interest based on 75k and salary credit + min spend 500, which is about 2.7% pre covid. Back then my FD was only 1.85% with UOB too.

now they should really make it like 3.4% EIR for it to be attractive.
 

JetStorm

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
320
Now UOB ONE account distinguished the rates between "3 GIRO payments" and "salary crediting". For salary crediting, possible to set up standing instruction to transfer a amount of $1,600 with reference as "SALA“? For Maybank SaveUp account, such set up works.... Not sure if such set up works for accounts which give higher interest rate for salary crediting.... e.g. OCBC360, UOB ONE, DBS Multiplier or BOC SmartSaver... Comments please. Thanks.
Their website say eligible salary Credit is must be made via GIRO and ref SALA within calender month. Dont think can just setup SI to trf. But no harm to try?
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
How to get "SAL/GIRO" ?
Some SME payout using "remittance transfer" etc.
 

sgbird

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2009
Messages
746
Reaction score
146
I am new to UOB one account as I have been using BOC SmartSaver always. Now considering move my money from SmartSaver to One Account. Currently SmartSaving with Salary Credit + 3x Bill Payment + S$800 CC spedning gives me only 1.2+% interest for my first 60K saving. Peanut already....

Question is: UOB one account with Salary + Bill Payment + CC Spending, can hit how much of interest rate? Any limit on account balance?
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,797
Reaction score
2,708
UOB One Account still gives me higher interest even though I dun credit my salary into it, as compared to DBS Multipler. But must always higher account balance every month.
I managed to place my FD online via the mobile app. No need to go to the bank. Could be I have a dormant existing FD account in the first place.
Anybody using UOB stash account to earn higher interest?
 

BBQ99

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
330
Reaction score
63
UOB One Account still gives me higher interest even though I dun credit my salary into it, as compared to DBS Multipler. But must always higher account balance every month.
I managed to place my FD online via the mobile app. No need to go to the bank. Could be I have a dormant existing FD account in the first place.
Anybody using UOB stash account to earn higher interest?
Not sure if changed. But stash only EIR of 0.6% for 100k is really low now. Too many better option that is several times higher. Like FD, SIF, Cimb etc
 

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
10,823
Reaction score
653
They have another 2.7% for 15mth FD. I just found out today when I want to cancel my 2.4% FD to update to the 12mth 2.6% FD. The 2.7% currently is not shown in website. But I think dun put too much yet. I believe will raise further since BEA is 2.88%pa FD for 12mth now.
I heard people talking BEA 2.88%, but I cannot find the source on website. I can only find HL and SIF 2.75% on website. Able to share ? Thanks
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,797
Reaction score
2,708
Not sure if changed. But stash only EIR of 0.6% for 100k is really low now. Too many better option that is several times higher. Like FD, SIF, Cimb etc
Thanks for replying. No wonder my interest is so pathetic even though there is incremental balance in it. Will close this account to put into FD or some higher yield accounts.
 

BBQ99

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
330
Reaction score
63
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top