UOB ONE Account

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
How does this work? Put in $5k and can get $50? After 14 Sept, I transfer $5k back to my UOB One account (since the fall below fee of $500 is waived for half a year), and after half a year, I close the account. Is it like that?
Click the I icon to download the rules.pdf. For your case you already have existing UOB account so criteria slightly different from new user open account. The 5k must be fast into the opened approved activated account by 30 Sep 2022. Then hold this 5k inside until 31 Oct. Only 1 Nov 2022 shift out is safe. 50 cash credit they say credit by end of 31 Dec 2022
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Seems like UOB One account is so much easier to gain interest than DBS Multiplier
I open Uniplus account not for the interest. I just need a savings account so I got ATM card withdraw cash and also to apply SSB, T-Bill, stock/bond IPO, CPFIS, SRS as usually only DBS,OCBC,UOB banks can do these. Other banks ATM so few and some cannot apply IPO, CPFIS, SRS etc
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
I open Uniplus account not for the interest. I just need a savings account so I got ATM card withdraw cash and also to apply SSB, T-Bill, stock/bond IPO, CPFIS, SRS as usually only DBS,OCBC,UOB banks can do these. Other banks ATM so few and some cannot apply IPO, CPFIS, SRS etc
Why ATM and not using a PC? I thought nowadays it is easy to find a PC than an ATM..
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Yeah.. a computer, that can access internet banking. You use ur phone browser also can.
Ooh what I mean is I am outside of house I need to find ATM aka Automated Teller Machine to withdraw cash out. I use the cash to buy things. Spore unlike China is not 100% cashless yet there are still places where the sellers take cash/NETS only. Maybe the stalls I visit not high tech enough typical small outfit hmmm....
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
Ooh what I mean is I am outside of house I need to find ATM aka Automated Teller Machine to withdraw cash out. I use the cash to buy things. Spore unlike China is not 100% cashless yet there are still places where the sellers take cash/NETS only. Maybe the stalls I visit not high tech enough typical small outfit hmmm....
Oh, OK. I thought you apply account solely for applying SSB, TBill, IPO etc..
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Oh, OK. I thought you apply account solely for applying SSB, TBill, IPO etc..
I old man so ATM to me also important criteria besides those you mentioned. But it seems now bank debit card come with ATM feature unlike olden times a specific card just for ATM and another specific card just for debit card.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Update for my Uniplus account try
1. 12 Sep 1+ AM apply
2. 12 Sep 9+ AM wakeup account approved, use other bank test fast transfer immediate it is in
3. 12 Sep 9+ AM activate the digital token which dunno take how long
4. 12 Sep 3+PM digital token activated so start to Add Payee all ok even SIF also have
5. Near to 30 Sep must fast at least 5000 into account else cannot enjoy the 3 day flash deal promotion

Lastly, the mobile app UOB TMRW is quite intuitive and it is much faster than the OCBC Digital which always keep restart the app cannot stay static on the login screen must run a few times to get it stay still OR use the internet browser.

Now waiting for OCBC Plus Savings account convert to "expensive minimum balance" OCBC account first then apply to terminate that.
 
Last edited:

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
I old man so ATM to me also important criteria besides those you mentioned. But it seems now bank debit card come with ATM feature unlike olden times a specific card just for ATM and another specific card just for debit card.
Either debit card or you can even link your account to a credit card to withdraw $$.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Either debit card or you can even link your account to a credit card to withdraw $$.
Careful with credit card. Last time credit card withdraw cash is term as cash advance this one got expensive fees. Now is 2022 dunno how the mechanism work for credit card. Debit card yes I know since it is now also act as ATM.
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,370
Reaction score
217
Update for my Uniplus account try
1. 12 Sep 1+ AM apply
2. 12 Sep 9+ AM wakeup account approved, use other bank test fast transfer immediate it is in
3. 12 Sep 9+ AM activate the digital token which dunno take how long
4. 12 Sep 3+PM digital token activated so start to Add Payee all ok even SIF also have
5. Near to 30 Sep must fast at least 5000 into account else cannot enjoy the 3 day flash deal promotion

Lastly, the mobile app UOB TMRW is quite intuitive and it is much faster than the OCBC Digital which always keep restart the app cannot stay static on the login screen must run a few times to get it stay still OR use the internet browser.

Now waiting for OCBC Plus Savings account convert to "expensive minimum balance" OCBC account first then apply to terminate that.
Can u elaborate on the last part? :)
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
Can u elaborate on the last part? :)
Now waiting for OCBC Plus Savings account convert to "expensive minimum balance" OCBC account first then apply to terminate that.
Above?

From the OCBC pdf I download all NTUC OCBC Plus Savings Account will be converted into either OCBC 360 or OCBC Statement Savings which have minimum balance of 3k and 1k come 1 Oct 2022. This conversion of accounts we cannot choose which OCBC account to convert
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,362
Reaction score
3,715
I old man so ATM to me also important criteria besides those you mentioned. But it seems now bank debit card come with ATM feature unlike olden times a specific card just for ATM and another specific card just for debit card.
UOB ATM shorter queue (or no Q) compared to DBS/POSB. Can also use ocbc ATM to withdraw cash from UOB bank account.

UOB just be take note add new payee has 12 hr cooling off.

12-hour cooling period on fund transfers to all new payees​


This measure prevents scammers from adding new payees and performing funds transfers immediately. You will be notified via SMS when adding new payees.

https://www.uob.com.sg/personal/eservices/pib/security.page
 

ice_angel

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
146
Careful with credit card. Last time credit card withdraw cash is term as cash advance this one got expensive fees. Now is 2022 dunno how the mechanism work for credit card. Debit card yes I know since it is now also act as ATM.
Yeah. Once the credit card is linked to the bank account, then withdraw cash is no longer cash advance. It serves as a debit card/ATM card in this case. So you can bring one less card out. This feature has been implemented for many years in DBS and UOB.
https://www.uob.com.sg/personal/support/tmrw-user-guide/manage-cards.page#linkCard
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,370
Reaction score
217
Now waiting for OCBC Plus Savings account convert to "expensive minimum balance" OCBC account first then apply to terminate that.
Above?

From the OCBC pdf I download all NTUC OCBC Plus Savings Account will be converted into either OCBC 360 or OCBC Statement Savings which have minimum balance of 3k and 1k come 1 Oct 2022. This conversion of accounts we cannot choose which OCBC account to convert
if u already have the 'expensive minimum balance' OCBC 360, then it will transfer to that 'expensive minimum balance' account anyway. Should already know which account on 7th September if you do not have an alternative OCBC account...

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banki...ong as your account remains in good standing.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,566
Reaction score
3,243
if u already have the 'expensive minimum balance' OCBC 360, then it will transfer to that 'expensive minimum balance' account anyway. Should already know which account on 7th September if you do not have an alternative OCBC account...

https://www.ocbc.com/personal-banki...ong as your account remains in good standing.
For my case I only have one OCBC account and that is NTUC OCBC Plus Savings Account with no minimum balance for many years. So now convert sure kena one of those 3k, 1k minimum balance OCBC account so must act quick source other banks (which I already did with UOB Uniplus minimum $500)
 

celtosaxon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2018
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
911
For my case I only have one OCBC account and that is NTUC OCBC Plus Savings Account with no minimum balance for many years. So now convert sure kena one of those 3k, 1k minimum balance OCBC account so must act quick source other banks (which I already did with UOB Uniplus minimum $500)
Why not DBS MyAccount?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top