UOB ONE Account

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
50,385
Reaction score
25,315
Check if you have 3 GIRO in Oct. If you have, you might want to check if any of your credit card spending min $500 is not eligible. Call the bank if not sure.

No giro but $1.5k credit card spend and salary credit
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,365
Reaction score
1,538

vinno18

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
If I open a UOB One Acc, and I want to make giro payment for my DBS CC, which interbank giro form should I fill in? UOB one or DBS one? Anyone can advise?

Should ownself fill in and mail or go branch do it faster?
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
If I open a UOB One Acc, and I want to make giro payment for my DBS CC, which interbank giro form should I fill in? UOB one or DBS one? Anyone can advise?

Should ownself fill in and mail or go branch do it faster?

Download DBS's CC GIRO form, then state UOB as the bank, One account as the debiting account
 

FrontierX

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
6,787
Reaction score
238
Check if you have 3 GIRO in Oct. If you have, you might want to check if any of your credit card spending min $500 is not eligible. Call the bank if not sure.

im trying to setup giro. last month got 2 giro (same card) and 1 for iras. eligible?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
im trying to setup giro. last month got 2 giro (same card) and 1 for iras. eligible?

How to have 2 giro payment to same card? 3 giro bill payment with different reference number paid from uob one account
 

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
I'm looking for an alternative account to put my money in after Citibank cut its Maxigain interest rates. UOB One seems like a potential candidate.

I already have a UOB savings account, so I would like to maintain the amount in the One account for the interest, and pay for all GIRO/CC bills from the savings account. That would work, right?

Also, I would like to check if the following payments would qualify for the bonus interest.

Credit card min spend of $500:
1) Prudential PruFlexicash
2) Starhub
3) SP Services
4) S&CC

3 GIRO:
1) Netflix (Can I even GIRO netflix bills, or can I only pay with credit card)?
2) UOB One CC bill
3) UOB Singtel CC bill

I'm not sure if the S&CC counts towards the min spend, and if UOB credit card bills count towards the GIRO requirements.

BTW, how easy is it to get the annual CC fee to be waived?

Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:

vinno18

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
175
Reaction score
0

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
I'm looking for an alternative account to put my money in after Citibank cut its Maxigain interest rates. UOB One seems like a potential candidate.

I already have a UOB savings account, so I would like to maintain the amount in the One account for the interest, and pay for all GIRO/CC bills from the savings account. That would work, right?

Also, I would like to check if the following payments would qualify for the bonus interest.

Credit card min spend of $500:
1) Prudential PruFlexicash
2) Starhub
3) SP Services
4) S&CC

3 GIRO:
1) Netflix (Can I even GIRO netflix bills, or can I only pay with credit card)?
2) UOB One CC bill
3) UOB Singtel CC bill

I'm not sure if the S&CC counts towards the min spend, and if UOB credit card bills count towards the GIRO requirements.

BTW, how easy is it to get the annual CC fee to be waived?

Thanks in advance!

You need to apply for UOB One credit card and UOB One bank account (not any UOB savings account). Note that receiving credit card and date of GIRO start might take some time to set up and may not be ready by 2 Dec when Maxigain change tnc. You might want to explore alternatives for the interim.

Annual fee waiver for UOB, my experience is that they waive if you have only one card but there are posts that they got rejected.

Credit card min spend of $500:
1) Prudential PruFlexicash
2) Starhub
3) SP Services
4) S&CC

Not sure about 1. S&CC cannot.
2 and 3 ok

3 GIRO:
1) Netflix (Can I even GIRO netflix bills, or can I only pay with credit card)?
2) UOB One CC bill
3) UOB Singtel CC bill


Not sure about 1. Ok for 2 and 3.
Can GIRO S&CC or income tax.

UOB One upto 75k. Don't put in more.
 

whizzard

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2001
Messages
972
Reaction score
3
I'm looking for an alternative account to put my money in after Citibank cut its Maxigain interest rates. UOB One seems like a potential candidate.

I already have a UOB savings account, so I would like to maintain the amount in the One account for the interest, and pay for all GIRO/CC bills from the savings account. That would work, right?

Also, I would like to check if the following payments would qualify for the bonus interest.

Credit card min spend of $500:
1) Prudential PruFlexicash
2) Starhub
3) SP Services
4) S&CC

3 GIRO:
1) Netflix (Can I even GIRO netflix bills, or can I only pay with credit card)?
2) UOB One CC bill
3) UOB Singtel CC bill

I'm not sure if the S&CC counts towards the min spend, and if UOB credit card bills count towards the GIRO requirements.

BTW, how easy is it to get the annual CC fee to be waived?

Thanks in advance!

To be counted as an eligible transaction, you need to pay from your UOB One account i.e. the Giro needs to be debited from your UOB One Account and not any other UOB Account (unlike how DBS Multiplier works).
 
Last edited:

lancer6238

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
240
Reaction score
6
To pay SP bills with the UOB One CC, have to do it every month via the SP Utilities app, right? No way to set up a recurring bill payment?
 

xPastx

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
How do they calculate the interest thou? Sum of every end of day balance then divide by no. Of days?
 

JetStorm

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
1,860
Reaction score
319
You need to apply for UOB One credit card and UOB One bank account (not any UOB savings account). Note that receiving credit card and date of GIRO start might take some time to set up and may not be ready by 2 Dec when Maxigain change tnc. You might want to explore alternatives for the interim.

Annual fee waiver for UOB, my experience is that they waive if you have only one card but there are posts that they got rejected.

Credit card min spend of $500:
1) Prudential PruFlexicash
2) Starhub
3) SP Services
4) S&CC

Not sure about 1. S&CC cannot.
2 and 3 ok

3 GIRO:
1) Netflix (Can I even GIRO netflix bills, or can I only pay with credit card)?
2) UOB One CC bill
3) UOB Singtel CC bill


Not sure about 1. Ok for 2 and 3.
Can GIRO S&CC or income tax.

UOB One upto 75k. Don't put in more.
I usually put in 1 to 2k more in case i forgot to topup for the scheduled giro transactions.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top