UOB ONE Account

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
5,953
Reaction score
812
Recently I discovered to my horror that NETS, AXS and online transfer do not count towards the spend. Only Paywave does. So when I make my payment, I have been using Paywave. However, although the amount I have spent has exceeded $500, the $500 spending bar still does not reflect all my spending. When I checked the terms and conditions, I read that ‘nondurable goods’ which is commonly defined as ‘clothes, food, shoes etc’ do not count.
Where are you getting your "commonly defined" definition from?
 

Mickey01

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
676
For spend and giro the EIR went from 1 to 1.16 for 75k. Zzzzz
ya lor ... previously it was SPEND and/or 3 GIRO/ Salary Credit and recently GIRO/ Salary Credit becomes different categories. The new SPEND and Salary Credit is more competitive than OCBC 360 with the revised rates.
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Where are you getting your "commonly defined" definition from?
Google.

I just checked with the counter staff. He wasn’t sure but he said food and clothes are ok.

But I think none of them knows what their tnc means when it states ‘nondurable goods’.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
getting quite pissed with UOB CSO.

they cannot answer my queries on the spot and says they will have to check and call me back.

waiting for them to credit another $200 for my cashback earned last quarter because of a supposedly ineligible transaction which they did not declare to me when I asked.
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
getting quite pissed with UOB CSO.

they cannot answer my queries on the spot and says they will have to check and call me back.

waiting for them to credit another $200 for my cashback earned last quarter because of a supposedly ineligible transaction which they did not declare to me when I asked.

Did u call or chat online? When is your last quarter? Their CSO generally still ok, probably just wait for the right person to call u back
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
Anyone knows if want to close this UOB One account after the bonus interest comes in, need to go down branch or can do online?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Did u call or chat online? When is your last quarter? Their CSO generally still ok, probably just wait for the right person to call u back
I'm pissed with their inconsistent messaging.

Earlier CSO says will be updated in my latest statement in August. Now the CSO says will be updated in September statement.

By the way, my quarter was from May to July.

I used both chat and call.

They like to drag issues. My last encounter with them, regarding a failure to recognise a Grab transaction with 5% rebate, took 6 months to resolve (transaction was in Feb, finally the 5% rebate was given in Aug). It is RIDICULOUS.
 

sgreview

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
832
Reaction score
186
I'm pissed with their inconsistent messaging.

Earlier CSO says will be updated in my latest statement in August. Now the CSO says will be updated in September statement.

By the way, my quarter was from May to July.

I used both chat and call.

They like to drag issues. My last encounter with them, regarding a failure to recognise a Grab transaction with 5% rebate, took 6 months to resolve (transaction was in Feb, finally the 5% rebate was given in Aug). It is RIDICULOUS.

If your quarter is May to July, the usual rebate will be in the Aug statement, so if there is any appeal done successfully, it will be reflected in Sep statement, at least this is what I can say based on experience. If u had already received SMS to confirm the appeal is successful, just have to wait for it to be reflected.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Has anyone experience what happened when an unexpected refund came in on the last day of the month (say, posted on 31 August) and as a result the eligible spend drops below $500?

The CSO just told me there's no way to appeal to the bank by topping up more spending in the following month (September). Is that true?

The attitude really getting from bad to worse. Feels like closing my accounts and investment with them. Been with them for so many years and now they chut all sorts of pattern.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
If your quarter is May to July, the usual rebate will be in the Aug statement, so if there is any appeal done successfully, it will be reflected in Sep statement, at least this is what I can say based on experience. If u had already received SMS to confirm the appeal is successful, just have to wait for it to be reflected.
This must be new because in the past, they would update the rebate amount within the month itself, i.e. I expected the rebate in August to be updated from $100 to $300 and posted on 31 August.

The previous CSO also said the same thing.

Now the CSO said will be posted in September (like you said).

I screenshot the chat for my record - in case they fail to credit in on 30 September, will use it against them.

The only other thing I have is the SMS I received: "Your request for an adjustment to your rewards dollars/points has been approved. Thank you for banking with UOB." I received that SMS on 6 August.
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Has anyone experience what happened when an unexpected refund came in on the last day of the month (say, posted on 31 August) and as a result the eligible spend drops below $500?

The CSO just told me there's no way to appeal to the bank by topping up more spending in the following month (September). Is that true?

The attitude really getting from bad to worse. Feels like closing my accounts and investment with them. Been with them for so many years and now they chut all sorts of pattern.

Yes, it’s true. Their bank staff told me any amount spent using the debit card would qualify for the $500 spend but I realised much later that Nets payments do not qualify. I asked if I could appeal since I was given the wrong information but the staff said cannot.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
2,778
Yes, it’s true. Their bank staff told me any amount spent using the debit card would qualify for the $500 spend but I realised much later that Nets payments do not qualify. I asked if I could appeal since I was given the wrong information but the staff said cannot.
Looks like they're not interested to adjust accordingly even when it's their fault (wrong information given).

For mine, I thought it is quite a common issue for merchant refunds and I am very disappointed with the response given. Looks like I'm not going to use the card for these three months if they do not want to give me a callback.
 

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
5,953
Reaction score
812
Google.

I just checked with the counter staff. He wasn’t sure but he said food and clothes are ok.

But I think none of them knows what their tnc means when it states ‘nondurable goods’.
Yes, it’s true. Their bank staff told me any amount spent using the debit card would qualify for the $500 spend but I realised much later that Nets payments do not qualify. I asked if I could appeal since I was given the wrong information but the staff said cannot.

Did you read this?

https://www.uob.com.sg/web-resource...ng/one-account/uob-one-account-card-spend.pdf
The terms are fairly clear.

Before you buy anything, maybe you can ask the merchant if their terminal has the Merchant Category Code of 5199 (nondurable goods). :s13:

If you are really unhappy, you could probably write in to MAS and quote that particular "bank staff" who might not have been aware that you weren't able to differentiate a credit/debit card transaction from a NETS one. Hopefully you got their name.

I would suggest treating this whole experience as tuition money. "Now you know."
 

reiser

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2022
Messages
3,864
Reaction score
1,944
Did you read this?

https://www.uob.com.sg/web-resource...ng/one-account/uob-one-account-card-spend.pdf
The terms are fairly clear.

Before you buy anything, maybe you can ask the merchant if their terminal has the Merchant Category Code of 5199 (nondurable goods). :s13:

If you are really unhappy, you could probably write in to MAS and quote that particular "bank staff" who might not have been aware that you weren't able to differentiate a credit/debit card transaction from a NETS one. Hopefully you got their name.

I would suggest treating this whole experience as tuition money. "Now you know."
Of course I read that a thousand times. That was why when I quoted their tnc, none of the staff was able to answer my queries because they don’t know it as well as I do.

To be fair, the bank staff didn’t say I could use the card for NETS. Their exact words were “any transaction/all transactions on the card - even Paywave and SimplyGo can use”.

My impression was that if it’s ‘any’ and ‘all’ transactions, then I should be able to use the card for any form of transaction as long as I use the card. In fact, I thought since I need to key in my PIN number for NETS, it should all the more be valid. That’s why I chose to use NETS on most occasions when I was given a choice.

I find that UOB staff, among all the banks, have consistently demonstrated a lack of integrity, dishonesty and serious lack of knowledge of their own products and system within this short period of me using the bank. I used to have OCBC 360 account and not once did I find it not transparent or the staff dishonest or ignorant about the account matters. In fact, ANY staff I asked about the 360 account could provide me with consistent and accurate information.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top