UOB one card

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Anyone knows what is MCC for "MDIS" Management Development Institute of Singapore ?

looking to pay school fees

is it likely to be "government" ?
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Anyone knows what is MCC for "MDIS" Management Development Institute of Singapore ?

looking to pay school fees

is it likely to be "government" ?

Definitely not Govt. Govt means direct Govt services like IRAS, NEA, HDB, Town Council etc.

As a rule of thumb, if their website has .gov.sg, then it is govt.

I guess it will be categorised as Educational institution, if there is such a category.
 
Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
Definitely not Govt. Govt means direct Govt services like IRAS, NEA, HDB, Town Council etc.

As a rule of thumb, if their website has .gov.sg, then it is govt.

I guess it will be categorised as Educational institution, if there is such a category.

hope so ... will jut try

it's website is "edu.gov"

public schools are "moe.edu.sg"
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
So for 11th end statement. Rebate usually come in when? After a quarter date
 

FreshGradDays

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2015
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
Statement date on 12 Jun (Period 12 May-11 Jun)
Topped up Grab $500 on 12 Jun (transaction date), posted 12 Jun (posted date).
Grab appeared on my Jun statement :mad::mad::mad:
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Statement date on 12 Jun (Period 12 May-11 Jun)
Topped up Grab $500 on 12 Jun (transaction date), posted 12 Jun (posted date).
Grab appeared on my Jun statement :mad::mad::mad:

statement date on 12 jun should count transaction posted on 12 jun right?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Yes, that was what i expected. But it got backdated to previous statement. Called UOB CS and she said can raise appeal again in the next rebate month.

I meant statement 12 Jun should have (Period 13 May-12 Jun) not (Period 12 May-11 Jun)? Dun see it as backdated.
 
Last edited:

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Messages
7,386
Reaction score
702
does paying m1 and starhub bill online counts as spending to get the rebate?
 

thrillogos

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
UOB Statement Date

Hi, over 4-5 years ago, when I had a UOB credit card, I found that they adjusted their statement date from month to month. For example, one month, it was 11 Jan; the next month it was 8 Feb; and the next it can be 10 Mar. The net effect is that I lost the rebates that was due if the statement date has remained the same. I called the CSO to complain but they didn't do anything about it then. So I cancelled all my UOB cards with them!

I wonder if UOB has stopped this practice of adjusting statement date to cut off your transactions from reaching the targeted spending? Please let me know if your UOB statement date has been constant. I am considering applying for a UOB credit card again. Thank you in advance!
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Hi, over 4-5 years ago, when I had a UOB credit card, I found that they adjusted their statement date from month to month. For example, one month, it was 11 Jan; the next month it was 8 Feb; and the next it can be 10 Mar. The net effect is that I lost the rebates that was due if the statement date has remained the same. I called the CSO to complain but they didn't do anything about it then. So I cancelled all my UOB cards with them!

I wonder if UOB has stopped this practice of adjusting statement date to cut off your transactions from reaching the targeted spending? Please let me know if your UOB statement date has been constant. I am considering applying for a UOB credit card again. Thank you in advance!
It is same date monthly except if the statement date is on end of month.
 

hwmook

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2002
Messages
25,390
Reaction score
1,786
Hi, over 4-5 years ago, when I had a UOB credit card, I found that they adjusted their statement date from month to month. For example, one month, it was 11 Jan; the next month it was 8 Feb; and the next it can be 10 Mar. The net effect is that I lost the rebates that was due if the statement date has remained the same. I called the CSO to complain but they didn't do anything about it then. So I cancelled all my UOB cards with them!

I wonder if UOB has stopped this practice of adjusting statement date to cut off your transactions from reaching the targeted spending? Please let me know if your UOB statement date has been constant. I am considering applying for a UOB credit card again. Thank you in advance!

My UOB statement date is 23rd every month and its consistent.
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
My statement was on end of month for May, then it became 3rd July for this month.
May was my first credit card bill month
 

FreshGradDays

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2015
Messages
739
Reaction score
0
I meant statement 12 Jun should have (Period 13 May-12 Jun) not (Period 12 May-11 Jun)? Dun see it as backdated.

Yeah i think you are right. I'm more surprised that Grab can post the transaction within the same day. Wasted

Posted from PCWX using WTS Qoo10 gift cards on Carousell
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top