UOB one card

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
Got new T&Cs for UOB one?
Coming soon. Refer to quote of my previous sharing.

UOB has decided to reduce the attractiveness of its cards once again. :( Do take note of the upcoming changes for payment to educational institutions.

I have extracted the following info from my e-statement:

Wef 1 September 2019, please be informed that:
1) Applicable to all UOB Personal Credit Cards (except UOB Reserve, Visa Infinite Metal, Visa Infinite and Privilege Banking Cards) - payments to educational institutions will be excluded from rewards (base & accelerated UNI$ awarding) and cash rebate (min spend and awarding).
2) SMOOVPAY transactions will be excluded from rewards (accelerated UNI$ awarding) on UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
 

dynlim

Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
133
Reaction score
11
In the end how much rebate do u get?

My spending for first quarter since April:
25 April - 12 May : $102.80
13 May - 12 June: $2000.12
13 June - 12 July: $2000.60

But I only received $100 quarterly rebate. I suppose to receive $200 based on pro-rated.
 

lasnoblur

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
798
A query for those who use SP Services app.

Does registering for the app means I will have to forgo having paper bill send to me?

I would prefer to keep paper bill for my old folks, so if registering the app means switching to electronic bill in PDF, I would probably give it a miss.

tried to register company utility bill but cant proceed.
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,585
Reaction score
293
Does topping up Grab Credits (not using saved card) count?

5% for the $2k spent and another 5% on the grab. So effectively, you should get $100 on the $2k (others plus grab) and additional $10 on the grab.

My last quarter ones, all counted saved and unsaved card.

Any idea when will this come in? I've topped up Grab Credits and it seems that I have not been awarded the extra 5%.
 

spearhawk

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
41
Any idea when will this come in? I've topped up Grab Credits and it seems that I have not been awarded the extra 5%.
Should be credited together with your quarterly cash rebate in the statement month after your quarter.

60Um38d.jpg
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,587
Reaction score
1,218
UOB should consider seriously to up tier.

Currently is 5% rebates for spending up to 2k per month.
If you are spending 3k, what will you do? The answer is very logical. I will go to other banks CC.

6% rebates for spending up to 3k & 8% for 5k spending should sound right.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
UOB should consider seriously to up tier.

Currently is 5% rebates for spending up to 2k per month.
If you are spending 3k, what will you do? The answer is very logical. I will go to other banks CC.

6% rebates for spending up to 3k & 8% for 5k spending should sound right.

Why not 2k on uob one, 1k on other card?
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,585
Reaction score
293
UOB should consider seriously to up tier.

Currently is 5% rebates for spending up to 2k per month.
If you are spending 3k, what will you do? The answer is very logical. I will go to other banks CC.

6% rebates for spending up to 3k & 8% for 5k spending should sound right.

Maybe 20% for 50k spending?
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
Already doing that.
UOB is well aware we are doing that. The only thing they are doing is probably gaming which card will we use for the additional spend.

The same reason can be used to waive annual fee for your other less use UOB cards if you get what I meant.
 

Gamma~

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
439
Reaction score
6
For those who registered for the SimplyGo x UOB for 10/12 free rides campaign, did you get a reply from UOB to confirm if you are eligible?
 

kurt111494

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
3,737
Reaction score
417
For those who registered for the SimplyGo x UOB for 10/12 free rides campaign, did you get a reply from UOB to confirm if you are eligible?

I got an SMS saying "Thank you for your interest in the UOB SimplyGo Up to 12 Free Rides Promotion, we have received your registration. Full T&Cs ...."

Is this the one?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
For those who registered for the SimplyGo x UOB for 10/12 free rides campaign, did you get a reply from UOB to confirm if you are eligible?

Register do not mean definitely eligible, must be the first 10000 visa or first 2000 masters to clock min $40 to be eligible
 

kurt111494

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
3,737
Reaction score
417
Register do not mean definitely eligible, must be the first 10000 visa or first 2000 masters to clock min $40 to be eligible

How would you know if you're in the first 10000? Would you receive a confirmation SMS like I mentioned? :)
 

aldophia

Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
418
Reaction score
35
1 solution is to get your spouse or parents or close friend to apply and give u a sub card. Then you have 4k to spend to enjoy 5% cashback.

UOB should consider seriously to up tier.

Currently is 5% rebates for spending up to 2k per month.
If you are spending 3k, what will you do? The answer is very logical. I will go to other banks CC.

6% rebates for spending up to 3k & 8% for 5k spending should sound right.
 

kokjj87

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
9,395
Reaction score
625
Anybody know if I use the UOB one card to top up my MCO credit card will it consider under the minimum $500 spent?
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,585
Reaction score
293
Anybody know if I use the UOB one card to top up my MCO credit card will it consider under the minimum $500 spent?

In clause 5.1(i) of TnC, it says exclusions are to cryptocurrency platforms.

So I suppose the answer is no.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top