UOB one card

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
It makes sense to be based on tran/posting date, if they based on Feb statement which includes Jan spending, guess ppl will definitely make noise to them:s13:
I understood that way, but finally I actually did not get my last quarter rebate because of that.
 
Last edited:

nin3tails

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
401
Reaction score
0
Anione hv similar exp where UOB reject credit card application despite meeting the requirement?

I applied for UOB one CC/Acc, end up up they approve the acc but reject the CC.

Damn pissed off. I check CBS, there isnt even any credit assessment done...............
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
It makes sense to be based on tran/posting date, if they based on Feb statement which includes Jan spending, guess ppl will definitely make noise to them:s13:
When IPP was removed as an eligible spend for the rebate last year, my Feb statement which has my Jan spend on IPP
was affected. I had to call in to chase by referring the CSO to the terms and conditions.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Anione hv similar exp where UOB reject credit card application despite meeting the requirement?

I applied for UOB one CC/Acc, end up up they approve the acc but reject the CC.

Damn pissed off. I check CBS, there isnt even any credit assessment done...............

their card centre quite messy one, chances they did not even process the application properly. Think can try apply via agents at roadshows, to ensure the application get processed.
 

Allen_C_Sharp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
I understood that way, but finally I actually did not get my last quarter rebate because of that.

Sneaky and hopeless like that, will not deal with them again if they base on feb statement for the new changes, even their t&c never mention that.
 

ecoolcat

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
280
Reaction score
14
their card centre quite messy one, chances they did not even process the application properly. Think can try apply via agents at roadshows, to ensure the application get processed.

For my case, after getting the UOB One Card, I applied for a supplementary card for my mum. Received an email telling me that there was missing inifo but then didn't tell me what was wrong when I replied to ask.

Some days later, I applied again, but this time I paid $10 for the priority service. The supplementary card was approved very quickly.

I still don't know what happened. :s22:
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
For my case, after getting the UOB One Card, I applied for a supplementary card for my mum. Received an email telling me that there was missing inifo but then didn't tell me what was wrong when I replied to ask.

Some days later, I applied again, but this time I paid $10 for the priority service. The supplementary card was approved very quickly.

I still don't know what happened. :s22:
If I were in your shoes, I would not have paid the $10 priority service while I demand for what happened. Previously, I applied for additional main card and it was screwed up. If I recalled correctly, the card was not sent even after two weeks. At least the team looking into the issue was quick to do service recovery and expedite by ensuring that the card was dropped at my mailbox by the next day.

The same cannot be said of the UOB team that wants customers to switch cards though. Very dishonest with the information they gave and the team manager was very defensive about the method. Seriously, what is the point of pushing an useless card to me? As a consumer, I made my own choices.
 

lindseymin

Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
1
My supplementary card rejected and was informed thru an sms. I called to enquirer why rejected, they said insufficient info provided on form and asked me to resend another form. Days later they called me and asked me to provide info that was missing. And that don’t need resend new form again. After that they approved it.



For my case, after getting the UOB One Card, I applied for a supplementary card for my mum. Received an email telling me that there was missing inifo but then didn't tell me what was wrong when I replied to ask.

Some days later, I applied again, but this time I paid $10 for the priority service. The supplementary card was approved very quickly.

I still don't know what happened. :s22:
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
280
Reaction score
14
If I were in your shoes, I would not have paid the $10 priority service while I demand for what happened. Previously, I applied for additional main card and it was screwed up. If I recalled correctly, the card was not sent even after two weeks. At least the team looking into the issue was quick to do service recovery and expedite by ensuring that the card was dropped at my mailbox by the next day.

The same cannot be said of the UOB team that wants customers to switch cards though. Very dishonest with the information they gave and the team manager was very defensive about the method. Seriously, what is the point of pushing an useless card to me? As a consumer, I made my own choices.

Yes, I see your point.

I paid the $10 fee because I wanted to test the hypothesis that there was no missing information in my original application. I submitted the same set of information again the 2nd time round and it was approved.

Several weeks after getting the supplementary card, I was pleasantly surprised that the bank sent me a $20 voucher for supermarket groceries.
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Yes, I see your point.

I paid the $10 fee because I wanted to test the hypothesis that there was no missing information in my original application. I submitted the same set of information again the 2nd time round and it was approved.

Several weeks after getting the supplementary card, I was pleasantly surprised that the bank sent me a $20 voucher for supermarket groceries.
What kind of voucher? Need minimum spending to use?
 

feigningfancy

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
3,108
Reaction score
41
requested the card cancellation last week. really dont know how to use then CS ytd call and offer 3 years free waiver if dont cancel
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
Not yet. My cycle was Nov to Jan. I received my rebates on 2 March. Billing cycle is 2nd of month to 1st of next month.

You should receive your rebates end of following billing cycle (Apr/May?)

mine is jan - mar. statement date 1st - 30th. so it is supposed to be showing that i have gotten it right?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
mine is jan - mar. statement date 1st - 30th. so it is supposed to be showing that i have gotten it right?

The rebate will be used to offset your spending in Apr ie reflected on statement on 30 Apr
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top