UOB one card

ThinkPad70

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
124
Reaction score
13
About UOB Coupons via its mobile app -

I saw a post about UOB reward coupons released every Friday. Two weeks ago, I checked the app, but there were none left, though the program seems active. Any advice on the best time to collect these coupons? Thanks!
 

zhxiaobian

Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
413
Reaction score
5
About UOB Coupons via its mobile app -

I saw a post about UOB reward coupons released every Friday. Two weeks ago, I checked the app, but there were none left, though the program seems active. Any advice on the best time to collect these coupons? Thanks!

I used to get Mcdonald's coupons on Fridays, but since few months ago those coupons disappear le, even I tried to check on Friday 12am, 1am, or early morning also don't have, also don't know when will they come again.

ps: just checked UOB TMRW app there is a NEW coupon for "new McDonald's app user"
 

ThinkPad70

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
124
Reaction score
13
I used to get Mcdonald's coupons on Fridays, but since few months ago those coupons disappear le, even I tried to check on Friday 12am, 1am, or early morning also don't have, also don't know when will they come again.

ps: just checked UOB TMRW app there is a NEW coupon for "new McDonald's app user"
Thanks bro. Same here, looks another game by bank
 

hellomeister

Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2016
Messages
166
Reaction score
13
How does refund work for this card?

If say 1k tier

Month 1: spent $1.2k
Return/refund item for $200

If refund posted in month 1, still at 1k right or does it follow statement payment?

If refund posted in month 2, does it mean I'm at negative $200 and need to spend 1.2k?
 

iadpotato

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
249
How does refund work for this card?

If say 1k tier

Month 1: spent $1.2k
Return/refund item for $200

If refund posted in month 1, still at 1k right or does it follow statement payment?

If refund posted in month 2, does it mean I'm at negative $200 and need to spend 1.2k?
if refund posted in month 1, you still at 1000 tier.

if refund posted in month 2, month 2 you need to spend extra $200 i.e. $1200 to be at $1000 tier.

can also try calling the bank to appeal if posted in month 2, subjected to bank approval.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,798
Reaction score
2,765
hey all. any of you who used GIRO payment have this month's card payment due date 21 Oct?

I forgot that 20 Oct (tomorrow) is public holiday... so just want to check if the GIRO deduction had taken place on 17 Oct (Friday) instead. can share?

if the deduction indeed took place on Friday... then gg.com to me as I didn't fund the bank from which the GIRO deduction (which is HSBC) on Friday.

probably going to incur unsuccessful GIRO deduction fee from HSBC... darnit.
 

Belford

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2020
Messages
384
Reaction score
135
hey all. any of you who used GIRO payment have this month's card payment due date 21 Oct?

I forgot that 20 Oct (tomorrow) is public holiday... so just want to check if the GIRO deduction had taken place on 17 Oct (Friday) instead. can share?

if the deduction indeed took place on Friday... then gg.com to me as I didn't fund the bank from which the GIRO deduction (which is HSBC) on Friday.

probably going to incur unsuccessful GIRO deduction fee from HSBC... darnit.
You can see in your UOB One transactions if auto-payment is issued or not
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,798
Reaction score
2,765
You can see in your UOB One transactions if auto-payment is issued or not
it was issued, but since there wasn't enough balance at the crediting bank (HSBC), I don't think it went through if the posting date was supposed to be last Friday (last working day before due date).

so is your due date also 21 Oct (tomorrow)? has your bill been deducted from your crediting bank?
 

hotdrs

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2016
Messages
57
Reaction score
9
it was issued, but since there wasn't enough balance at the crediting bank (HSBC), I don't think it went through if the posting date was supposed to be last Friday (last working day before due date).

so is your due date also 21 Oct (tomorrow)? has your bill been deducted from your crediting bank?
Yes mine exactly same as yours. GIRO deduction already happened on 17 Oct.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,798
Reaction score
2,765
Yes mine exactly same as yours. GIRO deduction already happened on 17 Oct.
ok, thanks mate.

gg.com to me then. HSBC still tells me they didn't receive request deduction from UOB yesterday when I chatted with them.

I wonder if I'm gonna be charged by both sides (UOB and HBSC) eventually for failed GIRO deduction...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top