Upgrade or New Setup for Diablo 4

Rogue

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,378
Reaction score
122
More than enough for diablo 4... It's a top down arpg after all, not a 3D action game where you have to render multiple camera angles real-time. Save your money for the monetization, you'll need it.
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
More than enough for diablo 4... It's a top down arpg after all, not a 3D action game where you have to render multiple camera angles real-time. Save your money for the monetization, you'll need it.
Point noted, thanks yah.

As for the monetization, so far it seem like microtransactions will be limited to cosmetics nia, just hope that it stays that way sia. No auction house either!
 

Matrix23x

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2003
Messages
7,382
Reaction score
13
Yup you are right, just that i saw a few good deals for 2060 makes my hand itchy, hahah

but I really need advice on whether my 450W PSU can hack a 2060 super anot ah?
good deals are hard to resist i agree, D4 still early though u gonna whack ur hand until not itchy 1st haha, requirements not yet released, you have to wait abit, worry wait u buy 2060 become minimum requirement for 1440x only, from what i see abit reskin but yet looks newer engine based on the graphics...

1440p and 4K will definitely require above recommended requirements since on a bigger screen... default we are talking abt 1080p only...
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
good deals are hard to resist i agree, D4 still early though u gonna whack ur hand until not itchy 1st haha, requirements not yet released, you have to wait abit, worry wait u buy 2060 become minimum requirement for 1440x only, from what i see abit reskin but yet looks newer engine based on the graphics...

1440p and 4K will definitely require above recommended requirements since on a bigger screen... default we are talking abt 1080p only...
I read somewhere that it's based on a new engine lah, but then again as Rogue mentioned, it's not a 3D game like cyberpunk lah, so i think 1440p requirements should not be that crazy.

my current projected buy is:
2 x 8GB DDR4 ram (2nd hand) - $80~
RTX 2060 super (2nd hand) - $200~
Air duster - $10
D4 - $110~ (ouch)
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Hi TS..

Did you try the beta test open to selected people? I was fortunate to get a slot earlier and tested it on my ryzen 5 1600 with gpu 1070 and 32gb ram. I would say I still had some stuttering and I was playing on low to mid settings (if I remember correctly)

Hence I personally upgraded to ryzen 7 5700x and a 2nd hand 6700xt. Hopefully that's enough for me.

You will do well to consider again when specs revealed but I suspect u might need to get a new rig.
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Hi TS..

Did you try the beta test open to selected people? I was fortunate to get a slot earlier and tested it on my ryzen 5 1600 with gpu 1070 and 32gb ram. I would say I still had some stuttering and I was playing on low to mid settings (if I remember correctly)

Hence I personally upgraded to ryzen 7 5700x and a 2nd hand 6700xt. Hopefully that's enough for me.

You will do well to consider again when specs revealed but I suspect u might need to get a new rig.
Hi

Tks for the feedback!, were you running at 1440p?
Nope I didn't knew about the beta testing.

I think I might need to get a new rig liao sia, haha
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,303
Reaction score
31,156
Hi

Tks for the feedback!, were you running at 1440p?
Nope I didn't knew about the beta testing.

I think I might need to get a new rig liao sia, haha
I was playing on my uhd 4k monitor... Not sure what resolution I was running at.

Maybe was 4k that explains the low fps
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,826
Ryzen 7 $229 new
6700 $400. 2nd hand
tat time d3, intel 5 cannot make it... need at least intel 7

Ryzen 7 $229? sic?
dunnoe ryzen 7 enough anot? or need ryzen 9?
8yJqthE.png
 
Last edited:

MrAwesomeX

Banned
Joined
Sep 27, 2015
Messages
13,912
Reaction score
5,855
Release date is 6.6.2023. 6 months away. Maybe wait and see? Blizzard also hasn't announced the System Requirements for Diablo IV.

Have no idea what will be a good upgrade at the moment. 2nd hand cards won't be affected by GST 8% next year so don't have to worry.

2nd hand 3070 or 6800 if you wanna do 1440p general gaming.
~450 sgd or lower .

Diablo usually dun need very high specs to run even at ultra cause they need to cater to console performance so you probably can reuse your CPU and upgrade ram to at least 12gb++.

Save the rest to buy crappy money sucking d4 season pass which they introducing soon lol.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top