Upgrade or New Setup for Diablo 4

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
2nd hand 3070 or 6800 if you wanna do 1440p general gaming.
~450 sgd or lower .

Diablo usually dun need very high specs to run even at ultra cause they need to cater to console performance so you probably can reuse your CPU and upgrade ram to at least 12gb++.

Save the rest to buy crappy money sucking d4 season pass which they introducing soon lol.
Hi

Thanks for the recommendations! Ok noted on the CPU and ram yah.

For the GPU, my CPU and MB don't support PCIE4 leh, so I think it's abit overkill to get a 3070/6800.
I think the RTX2xxx is furthest I can push my current system liao.
I hearsay the earlier AMD GPUs have sucky driver support sia, so I think I'll stay away, hahah.
 

zensushi

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
58,440
Reaction score
10,771
I am also wondering if my current rig would be able to run Diablo 4. Otherwise, would need to get a new config. 😭
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
I tried the open Beta, my current rig confirm cannot run 1440p.

I saw a deal for a new rtx 2060 super for $350, from Inno3D.

Anyone can share experience with these smaller companies? Like Colorful and Galax?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,329
Reaction score
6,590
I tried the open Beta, my current rig confirm cannot run 1440p.

I saw a deal for a new rtx 2060 super for $350, from Inno3D.

Anyone can share experience with these smaller companies? Like Colorful and Galax?
Carousell right? I saw that same deal. But 2nd hand RTX2060 is going for 200+ with warranty. I suggest going for that. Cos S$350 range can get a RTX2070 2nd hand.
 

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
I tried the open Beta, my current rig confirm cannot run 1440p.

I saw a deal for a new rtx 2060 super for $350, from Inno3D.

Anyone can share experience with these smaller companies? Like Colorful and Galax?
Galax is basically Palit, so if you know who Palit is you know what to expect from Galax as well

Colorful I have heard of as well, makes whacky coolers sometimes but should be decent
 

wongminmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
34,598
Reaction score
18,826
colorful gpu is decent as in hardware and cheap cheap, just that finding the driver will be kind of hard. :censored:
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,083
Reaction score
1,772
I tried the open Beta, my current rig confirm cannot run 1440p.

I saw a deal for a new rtx 2060 super for $350, from Inno3D.

Anyone can share experience with these smaller companies? Like Colorful and Galax?

Galax is a bit of an odd fish. Most of its product line is budget but its Hall of Fame line is top-tier. I have the Galax GTX 1070 Ti EX-SNPR which has some aspects of the HoF line and both build quality and performance is top-notch. At stock power, the GPU can already OC to 2 GHz.

Colorful is relatively unknown in Singapore but is hardly a small company. Colorful is the dominant GPU brand in China.
 

SolarBurn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2002
Messages
30,701
Reaction score
10
my 1080 also struggles with Diablo 4, shag... thinking wanna to buy new com or not...
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Carousell right? I saw that same deal. But 2nd hand RTX2060 is going for 200+ with warranty. I suggest going for that. Cos S$350 range can get a RTX2070 2nd hand.
Yeah on carousel. So it's about $250 for a 2nd MSI vs $350 for brand new Inno3D.... cannot decide sia, haha
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Galax is basically Palit, so if you know who Palit is you know what to expect from Galax as well

Colorful I have heard of as well, makes whacky coolers sometimes but should be decent
My current 1060 is from palit, it's about 4yo and showing signs of dying liao. Sometimes doesn't generate output at all.

Do gpus from the bigger companies like Asus, MSI, gigabyte last longer?

Palit is from china also isit?
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,476
Reaction score
6,015
Yeah on carousel. So it's about $250 for a 2nd MSI vs $350 for brand new Inno3D.... cannot decide sia, haha

If you are looking for RTX 2060 brand new, Global Cybermind is selling them below $400.
It's ASUS RTX 2060 Dual model.
 

Psycovirus

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
381
How about consideration of RX 6600, ASUS Dual AMD Radeonā„¢ RX 6600 8GB GDDR6 [$370]. It should run 1440p at 70+ FPS and 90ish with FSR Quality.

Aftershock has an event on Friday, 31st March. Selling 3060 TI at $499 with special voucher from their tiktok channel. Limited numbers so can consider that too if its within your budget. It may just be a marketing stunt so won't hold my breath for it.

 
Last edited:

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
125,546
Reaction score
323
I was going to suggest this as well, but considering that ts is using an old kaby lake system with only pcie gen 3, it may end up slower than a 2060 super with full x16 lane support.
This one has full PCIe lanes no meh

It's the 6500XT that is gimped
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Yeah on carousel. So it's about $250 for a 2nd MSI vs $350 for brand new Inno3D.... cannot decide sia, haha
Guys....the inno3D one dropped to $300 liao, haha
Check with you guys, driver updates come directly from Nvidia isit?
 

limbs03

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Hoot liao, wish me luck, haha

Just to document and for sharing. I think I'm all set for 1440p medium settings!

I5-7500 on ASRock H270M ITX
NH-L9i cooler
Silverstone SG13
Palit GTX 1060 3GB Inno3D RTX 2060 super ($305,new)
G.Skill 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400CL15 G.skill 2 x 8GB DDR4 ($48, 2nd hand)
500 GB M.2 Nvme SSD
Corsair SF450
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top