US help.

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried roadtrip from NYC to Toronto ?
Thru maine/niagra fall?

Is my 4 trip to NYC but i will be going to toronto to visit a relative for wanted a road trip there
Maine is really far from Toronto/Niagara Falls though.

If u haven't been to Niagara Falls, would be worth a trip there.
Leave early in the morning, get there in the afternoon , look around n then go to Toronto.

If u want a detour on the way back, can drive up to Ottawa/Montreal n then back to NYC
Montreal is not bad, frenchie type place.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maine is really far from Toronto/Niagara Falls though.

If u haven't been to Niagara Falls, would be worth a trip there.
Leave early in the morning, get there in the afternoon , look around n then go to Toronto.

If u want a detour on the way back, can drive up to Ottawa/Montreal n then back to NYC
Montreal is not bad, frenchie type place.
Oo icic i been to Niagara before the Canada side tho.

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oo icic i been to Niagara before the Canada side tho.
Not really worth going to US side I feel.

Maybe can drive through Montreal and Ottawa before Toronto but that is a long drive.

If u want to see Maine, can take a road trip n drive up along the east coast up to Maine then drive to Toronto.
Still doable but a lot of driving. Haha
Can also fly from Maine to Toronto.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried roadtrip from NYC to Toronto ?
Thru maine/niagra fall?

Is my 4 trip to NYC but i will be going to toronto to visit a relative for wanted a road trip there

4 day trip and you plan to cover so much? Or nyc 4 days and you have 10 days to spare?

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4 day trip and you plan to cover so much? Or nyc 4 days and you have 10 days to spare?
I meant this was my 4th trip to nyc i still like it but i dun plane to stay more that 2 nites.

Total i will be in us about 12 nites

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I meant this was my 4th trip to nyc i still like it but i dun plane to stay more that 2 nites.

Total i will be in us about 12 nites

I see with plenty of time not hard to see these places. If u don’t want to drive to Montreal there is Amtrak, iirc it’s a scenic route but it’s long. I took it in winter

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Heading up to SF in Nov for 2 weeks. Any e-sim to recommend?
SQ direct flight tics at 1.2k return.

powerpack8

Reaction score
Hello, is it recommended to drive to Yosemite after 14+ hours of flight from SIN and touch down in SFO around 8 AM in late December? Planning to stay in Yosemite for 2-3 nights. I'm assuming we can clear everything and get a rental car to start the journey at 11am from SF. I feel like it's doable but not sure if I'm missing anything. Or is it better to stay in SF for a night before heading to Yosemite eh?

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, is it recommended to drive to Yosemite after 14+ hours of flight from SIN and touch down in SFO around 8 AM in late December? Planning to stay in Yosemite for 2-3 nights. I'm assuming we can clear everything and get a rental car to start the journey at 11am from SF. I feel like it's doable but not sure if I'm missing anything. Or is it better to stay in SF for a night before heading to Yosemite eh?
Drive from sfo to yosemite seems to be about 4 hrs.
Not too far.

I think it is possible if you got good rest on the plane esp if u are in biz class.

But to be safe, I feel it is better to rest one day first in the sf area.

Are u familiar with driving on the left side?
If familiar then it is ok to maybe just drive on first day.
If not, maybe better to rest first.

Be sure to check there are no more wildfires in Yosemite before going.
Recently there are many wild fires on the west coast.

powerpack8

Reaction score
Drive from sfo to yosemite seems to be about 4 hrs.
Not too far.

I think it is possible if you got good rest on the plane esp if u are in biz class.

But to be safe, I feel it is better to rest one day first in the sf area.

Are u familiar with driving on the left side?
If familiar then it is ok to maybe just drive on first day.
If not, maybe better to rest first.

Be sure to check there are no more wildfires in Yosemite before going.
Recently there are many wild fires on the west coast.

Thanks for your input. Yea, I think it should be doable but after much thought, decided to reshuffle my itinerary to explore SF on the first day then travel to Yosemite on the 2nd day. So would have more time acclimatise to a new place and respond to possible risks e.g., delays, bad sleep, etc The wildfires look bad, hopefully no wildfires during winter..

califonia

Reaction score
That was my initial plan. Decide to skip Yosemite as the air may not be good after the big fire. Instead we'll stay in Livermore for shopping.

petromax

Reaction score
Hi, for car rental in USA, I notice most car rental puts the number of suitcases that can be carried.
What does it exactly mean? What if we bring more than that? If we don't go with max # of people (let's say 2 people), can we put the suitcase on the back seat instead of the baggage compartment? Will there be any issue (checks by police, etc)?

Also, is it safe to drive between states in the highways (accidents, etc)?

Hisashiburi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, for car rental in USA, I notice most car rental puts the number of suitcases that can be carried.
What does it exactly mean? What if we bring more than that? If we don't go with max # of people (let's say 2 people), can we put the suitcase on the back seat instead of the baggage compartment? Will there be any issue (checks by police, etc)?

They won't check thr number of suitcases.
Can put in backseat but might get stolen if in the city or unattended.
Police won't bother u as suitcases in backseat isn't a crime or illegal.

Yes safe to drive between states.
Pls pay attention to changing speed limits.
Usa police always hang out on highways to catch speeding cars to generate revenue.
To be safe, just don't go over speed limit.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it’s a guide to let renters know how much room is the trunk has. It’s not a rule where u cannot put more.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you driving day or nite? Nite depending on states you have watch out of animals

Run your Waze Apple on CarPlay or Android auto.

Browse the DMV handbook. School zone and school bus is unique for state

petromax

Reaction score
you driving day or nite? Nite depending on states you have watch out of animals

Run your Waze Apple on CarPlay or Android auto.

Browse the DMV handbook. School zone and school bus is unique for state
will be driving during the day, as I think it's much safer, especially in highways where we drive fast.
Thanks for the info on the handbook.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.