Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

alvinpua

Reaction score
I made my first overseas shipment about a few days back. I am totally new to international shipping services.

May I know if Comgateway, Borderlinx or HopShopGo ship items from UK (Britain) to Singapore? (I know these 3 are commonly used to ship items from US to SG.)

Or which other forwarder service would you guys recommend for UK-to-SG shipment?

Thanks in advance. :)

bagger 288

Suspended
Reaction score
2pt71hy.png

from the email..then on top they put use code EXPRESS65 for express upgrade

Last shipment i choose normal, tuesday confirmed saturday my items all in liao. this kind of promo rike no diff

stiwipl

Reaction score
need advice.

is it cheaper to split the packages, or to incur the gst charge?

when splitting the packages, (e.g.) if got 3 separate packages, means need pay the base charge 3 times?

How we are supposed to know if you don't provide some details like the company you are using, products weight & value?

I made my first overseas shipment about a few days back. I am totally new to international shipping services.

May I know if Comgateway, Borderlinx or HopShopGo ship items from UK (Britain) to Singapore? (I know these 3 are commonly used to ship items from US to SG.)

Or which other forwarder service would you guys recommend for UK-to-SG shipment?

Thanks in advance. :)

Only Borderlinx provides UK address from the ones mentioned. However I think Borderlinx charges are more expensive generally speaking.

I just had my first experience with HSG/CGW. All packages were received and even processed same day although they say it might take 2 working days before the packages are posted on your account. They were also promptly shipped out and I should get them on Monday. All good so far. Didn't experience any overcharging issues. I just also got a package from 6pm.com at HSG address, normal weight 1.5kg while volumetric 5.5kg, repack option is shown automatically, so I will use it before next shipment.

Has anyone used shopandship.com by Aramex? They provide with UK/US/CN/HK/RPA/DE/IT/UAE/IN/TR address and they charge per actual weight instead of volumetric. The charges are higher obviously first 0.5kg S$12 and then each 0.5kg S$8.50, but maybe they can more make sense to some vs gambling with volumetric weight. They do not provide consolidation or repacking service but it doesn't matter considering their pricing structure.

bagger 288

Suspended
Reaction score
need advice.

is it cheaper to split the packages, or to incur the gst charge?

when splitting the packages, (e.g.) if got 3 separate packages, means need pay the base charge 3 times?

Go through all the options up to confirmation of payment then sum it up. My last shipment cheaper after I spilt to 2 Packages

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
think i just got ******. ordered 2 shirts from amazon. one shipped with amazon prime the other standard.
so they arrived at my borderlinx address separately.
now bl charging me shipping fee $81 !!?? wtf sia.. should hv shipped both tgt..

anyone has promo code to share?..:(

averlanche

Reaction score
Will be getting a pair of tennis shoes from Amazon this week. I think I'll be charged by the shoe box's volume since the whole thing is less than 1.5kg?

Is hopshopgo with the 20% off shipping + free express upgrade the best option?

VacheronLim

Reaction score
yes charged based on volumetric weight (which is going to be quite a bit, considering that those shoes box take up quite a bit of space)...

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be getting a pair of tennis shoes from Amazon this week. I think I'll be charged by the shoe box's volume since the whole thing is less than 1.5kg?

Is hopshopgo with the 20% off shipping + free express upgrade the best option?

if ur shoes are not the atas type, tell them u allow them to dump the shoe packaging and pay the repackaging fees instead. much cheaper.

asdsieg

Reaction score
K8Qfrl4.png

my package from amazon .. now in vpost.
They charge me 97 dollar for one item -.- !!!

can anyone sic good code for me to use ?
if not very xiong le. then shipping

stiwipl

Reaction score

That's a lot. Sometimes I think this ShopandShip.com I mentioned here might be worth trying as you would pay S$20 for the actual weight instead of volumetric.

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
think i just got ******. ordered 2 shirts from amazon. one shipped with amazon prime the other standard.
so they arrived at my borderlinx address separately.
now bl charging me shipping fee $81 !!?? wtf sia.. should hv shipped both tgt..

anyone has promo code to share?..:(
Heng i emailed them asking to repack both my items. Shipping fee went down from $81 to $22! :o:o

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone experienced "shipment on hold" under Dhl status?

Just shipped out from hopshopgo 2 days back and now saw it shipment on hold.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi. Anyone experienced "shipment on hold" under Dhl status?

Just shipped out from hopshopgo 2 days back and now saw it shipment on hold.

Yes, kena 1 about 2 weeks ago. Shipment of 2 items and apparently 1 of the pack was left in HK while the other got to SG. So put on hold to wait for other package... :s22:

waiter7

Reaction score
anyone experienced comgateway losing your package before? amazon states that it arrived on 4th August but still no package reflected on their site. spoke to the CSO but he was just avoiding the problem.

very mysterious, package sent by fedex, and signed by their guys. the CSO said it was a USPS package, but i debunked that claim as the tracking number given to him was not a USPS tracking number, but a Fedex one. really bad man. package was quite expensive.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K8Qfrl4.png

what you bought? why the much? must be volume charge.
try ask the mto repack if due to packaging or look for the standard charted bank CC promotion. can get 20~30% discount.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
if vpost refuse to do anything for you, tell them to reject back to Amazon or dump the item.

My colleague kena before and he told them to dump the item. Shipping charges were 2x of the price of the item he bought.

asdsieg

Reaction score
what you bought? why the much? must be volume charge.
try ask the mto repack if due to packaging or look for the standard charted bank CC promotion. can get 20~30% discount.

a soft toy lor . it was only 28 sgd . i ask liao, they say cant repack. lol. say what too big tat y charge me 5.6kg vol weight. but it less than 40cm tall only. yup i know of the discount code, but still too xiong to ship it over.

if vpost refuse to do anything for you, tell them to reject back to Amazon or dump the item.

My colleague kena before and he told them to dump the item. Shipping charges were 2x of the price of the item he bought.

the guy i call not bad. i ask for 3 option . return to amazon for refund . ship to another japan forwarder or give me more discount.

1st option 1) he say got 2 charge, if got amazon return label then is base charge 6.50sgd , if on have return label will charge 20 -30 sgd to return back to amazon

2nd option 2) ship to tenso forwarder. any of you guy hear / or use this forwarder before ? it will cost me around 20-30 sgd too.

3nd option 3) he can only give me 30% discount code.

so i told the cheapest route. ask for return label , and get a refund. to purchase the soft toy again and ship to tenso.
very troublesome sia. haha but a new lesson learnt when buying japan stuff .:s13:

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a soft toy lor . it was only 28 sgd . i ask liao, they say cant repack. lol. say what too big tat y charge me 5.6kg vol weight. but it less than 40cm tall only. yup i know of the discount code, but still too xiong to ship it over.

the guy i call not bad. i ask for 3 option . return to amazon for refund . ship to another japan forwarder or give me more discount.

1st option 1) he say got 2 charge, if got amazon return label then is base charge 6.50sgd , if on have return label will charge 20 -30 sgd to return back to amazon

2nd option 2) ship to tenso forwarder. any of you guy hear / or use this forwarder before ? it will cost me around 20-30 sgd too.

3nd option 3) he can only give me 30% discount code.

so i told the cheapest route. ask for return label , and get a refund. to purchase the soft toy again and ship to tenso.
very troublesome sia. haha but a new lesson learnt when buying japan stuff .:s13:

Shipped my JP Nexus 5 from Google Japan using Tenso.com

Insurance from Vpost (Vcare) is very expensive.
My shipping cost was 1730 JPY, insurance only 50 JPY.

Last edited:

asdsieg

Reaction score
Shipped my JP Nexus 5 from Google Japan using Tenso.com

Insurance from Vpost (Vcare) is very expensive.
My shipping cost was 1730 JPY, insurance only 50 JPY.

so cheap ?? so is tenso fast ? i heard they use ems to ship ?
what the estimate time from japan to sg ?
but i register on the web, they ask me to verify my id. so u send anything over to ensure your identification ? :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.