What is your networth?

What is your networth?

  • 1. Negative

    Votes: 68 24.6%
  • 2. S$1-$500K

    Votes: 49 17.8%
  • 3 S$500k -S$1mil

    Votes: 37 13.4%
  • 4. S$1 -2 mil

    Votes: 42 15.2%
  • 5. S$2-5mil

    Votes: 40 14.5%
  • 6. S$ above 5 mil

    Votes: 57 20.7%

  • Total voters
    276

ILUV_SG

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2021
Messages
813
Reaction score
1,084
Nett worth should just be liquid cash + stocks + gold.... dun count CPF which u can never see and house which you live in...

mine just liquid amount is 1.6M....

strangely i was broke till 42 then made the money the last 10 years....

life is strange that way sometimes...

need luck sometimes



Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

Dinoboyboy

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2019
Messages
28,242
Reaction score
29,169
128575404-group-of-two-whole-one-piece-of-natural-yellow-peanut-in-closeup-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

my networth
redface.gif

tiagong the last time someone mentioned peanuts, her nw was in 8 digits. :frown:


Read HWZ Forum Rules!
 

mini_cow

Master Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
3,063
Reaction score
280
Nett worth should just be liquid cash + stocks + gold.... dun count CPF which u can never see and house which you live in...

mine just liquid amount is 1.6M....

strangely i was broke till 42 then made the money the last 10 years....

life is strange that way sometimes...

need luck sometimes



Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Best comment right there. A lot of it is luck. And when it flows in…it flows in

Personally after reading so many comments I’m still of the opinion we need balance in life. I don’t want to have 5 mil in my bank but lived like a pauper for the last 2 decades. Maybe it’s for some people but it isn’t for me. Likewise for the other extreme cases of yolo with cc and personal loans etc etc.

At the end of it all, I’m very happy with my life and my choices. And that’s all there is to it
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
Best comment right there. A lot of it is luck. And when it flows in…it flows in

Personally after reading so many comments I’m still of the opinion we need balance in life. I don’t want to have 5 mil in my bank but lived like a pauper for the last 2 decades. Maybe it’s for some people but it isn’t for me. Likewise for the other extreme cases of yolo with cc and personal loans etc etc.

At the end of it all, I’m very happy with my life and my choices. And that’s all there is to it
Agree, a lot of it is luck or God's blessing. For us it is buying property at the right time and having it appreciate. Realised profits of S$1 mil from property. Could have been S$2 mil and more if we didn't sell our freehold terrace back then.
 

Unic0rn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
27,485
Reaction score
8,612
Why do u need so much cash on hand?

Mine about S$150k of which S$110k are in uob one account for its high interest.
The rest I put into investments but I worry will lose them capital loss
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
Those who say networth is not important are just deluding themselves.

Networth is important as it determines if one can afford to retire.

Like for us, I believe we can survive even if I should lose my job as we can always downgrade to a hdb and live off our proceeds via investment or drawdown.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
The rest I put into investments but I worry will lose them capital loss
Yeah, I am quite conservative in my investments too. Mostly in FD, T bills and SIA, Ocbc and Meta shares.

If worried of capital loss, buy shares or property only when market falls. Greater margin of error then.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,646
Reaction score
20,705
Those who say networth is not important are just deluding themselves.

Networth is important as it determines if one can afford to retire.

Like for us, I believe we can survive even if I should lose my job as we can always downgrade to a hdb and live off our proceeds via investment or drawdown.
You are still young at 48 can still work. No need drawdown.

Retire already do what?

Doctors who after retired said got bored. Look for something to do. Some medical work to do but not full practice or responsibilities.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
You are still young at 48 can still work. No need drawdown.

Retire already do what?

Doctors who after retired said got bored. Look for something to do. Some medical work to do but not full practice or responsibilities.
Every morning, I feel very sleepy and tired. Wanna sleep more. Like a zombie to work on mrt. Need 3 cups coffee, iron pill and essence of chicken to sustain me.

Loads of health screenings now. Stressed in the mornings clearing them and then the pile of admin work concluding the health screenings in the afternoon.

Often wish I can quit.

Can only take frequent breaks to buy food and go toilet for a breather.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,646
Reaction score
20,705
Every morning, I feel very sleepy and tired. Wanna sleep more. Like a zombie to work on mrt. Need 3 cups coffee, iron pill and essence of chicken to sustain me.

Loads of health screenings now. Stressed in the mornings clearing them and then the pile of admin work concluding the health screenings in the afternoon.

Often wish I can quit.

Can only take frequent breaks to buy food and go toilet for a breather.
Health screening is boring or stressful?

You cannot do a variety of work? Mix it up more.

I hear the doctors in Calgary they can work in various fields one. A bit of usual GP work , somedays aeathetics. Some days addictions. Some days mental health. Some days chronic pain. Some days ER/urgent care. Some do hospitalist. Some palliative. Some geriatrics. Some hospice or long term care. Some dermatology skin cancer surveillance. Some minor operative work for skin lumps and bumps.

Singapore dont have such work?
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
Retire already, I will prob have no maid and have to spend a lot of time doing housework. Hope to volunteer in church too. And spend more time with my kids, hubby and elderly mum and mum in law.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
Health screening is boring or stressful?

You cannot do a variety of work? Mix it up more.

I hear the doctors in Calgary they can work in various fields one. A bit of usual GP work , somedays aeathetics. Some days addictions. Some days mental health. Some days chronic pain. Some days ER/urgent care. Some do hospitalist. Some palliative. Some geriatrics. Some hospice or long term care. Some dermatology skin cancer surveillance. Some minor operative work for skin lumps and bumps.

Singapore dont have such work?
Health screening is actually quite simple but it gets stressful when there is a long queue. Max I did 21 patients for health screening in one morning.

I alternate health screening days with GP work days. In Sg, aesthetics is usually a separate entity. They specialise in it and solely see patients for aesthetics. I found it rather boring though, laser ing faces. Also litigation risk too high.
 

cyke69sg

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
39,646
Reaction score
20,705
Health screening is actually quite simple but it gets stressful when there is a long queue. Max I did 21 patients for health screening in one morning.

I alternate health screening days with GP work days. In Sg, aesthetics is usually a separate entity. They specialise in it and solely see patients for aesthetics. I found it rather boring though, laser ing faces. Also litigation risk too high.
Yeah I only hear about those 3 options you mentioned and A&E for some.

Also remember now. SG dont do appointment system. So can get stress if long queue.
 

Nimegen

Banned
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
750
I just realised my networth increased by S$300k over one year from checking my previous thread.
 

zeroX26

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
3,017
Every morning, I feel very sleepy and tired. Wanna sleep more. Like a zombie to work on mrt. Need 3 cups coffee, iron pill and essence of chicken to sustain me.

Loads of health screenings now. Stressed in the mornings clearing them and then the pile of admin work concluding the health screenings in the afternoon.

Often wish I can quit.

Can only take frequent breaks to buy food and go toilet for a breather.
N u still refuse to admit you are mummy1234 zzz
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top