What linux distro are you using?

squarepipe

Reaction score
A few years ago I removed windows for ubuntu from my laptop and never looked back. I tried linux mint recently and now feel the itch to try something new. Any suggestions?

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using debian.

For me my path went

LM -> Arch -> Fedora -> Ubuntu -> Debian

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Current on my distro hopping (mostly de hopping) laptop I am running deepin. Used to run ubuntu , Linux mint,Debian , antergos, KDE neon , pop!_os

On my virtualization server I run proxmox with Ubuntu server and Debian.

Last edited:

dumboi2

Reaction score
Minimalist distros, Alpine for docker/VMs, OpenWrt for routers, Arch for everything else

zeebrugge

Reaction score
Debian 9 64 bit

A few years ago I removed windows for ubuntu from my laptop and never looked back. I tried linux mint recently and now feel the itch to try something new. Any suggestions?

Ubuntu is Debian. Linux Mint is Debian. I was quite surprised when the Debian founder Ian Murdock died of strange circumstances three years ago and stopped using Debian, but ever since Chester Bennington of Linkin Park also died in similar fashion, I am back using Debian since version nine because I made my mother and aunt pledge my corpse to be as a cadaver to Medical, Treatment Education and Research Act of the Singapore Constitution. I rather save lives than die of drug addiction, I rather have my body opened up machiam open source at a surgical table than have my own body hung from a noose. Say no to drugs, be open, truly open.

KardBoard

Reaction score
Hi. Any arch user? Is the task of compiling e program to suit each need daunting? Hope to try. TIA

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Any arch user? Is the task of compiling e program to suit each need daunting? Hope to try. TIA

Arch is really not that difficult to use as a day to day user, might be diff for you depending on your need.

I didn't need to compile a program to suit my needs

I used it for about half a year or so.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have moved to KDE-neon since Linux Mint drop KDE support. Plasma 5 is great, so far so good! :D

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how you all move from one distro to one distro? you have to do the settings all over from scratch?

i'm using linux mint now..

SimpliCity2k

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how you all move from one distro to one distro? you have to do the settings all over from scratch?

for apps-specific like browsers & thunderbird mail profiles, settings & addons

copy e.g. chromium/firefox/opera fr their [hidden] folders within Home or Home/.config folder

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using manjaro 18 xfce.
previously was on linux mint 19 but i felt using ubuntu 18.04 very fast outdated...at least manjaro is cutting edge

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

One root parition and one home partition. You only need to format the root partition to try/move to another distro. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.