
Anyone has any recommendations on where to make pure cashmere suit?
Also what are your thoughts on them? Intend to wear it at most once a year for events.
Think the question would then be how much are you looking to spend on it since it'll be an annual affair
about 800 sgd now about 4-5 yrs back!How much did the suit cost originally? This seems reasonable to me, and would be my preferred choice (going back to the original tailor to alter)
About
about 800 sgd now about 4-5 yrs back!
Probably not3-5k is a good range for me. Possible to get one pure cashmere suit for this budget?
Probably not
3-5k is a good range for me. Possible to get one pure cashmere suit for this budget?
bangkok tailors thread is in travel> Thailand subfolder. Wait for travel moderator to create a subfolder for Vietnam.Share please. I tried China, Thailand tailors before but I feel SG’s quality and workmanship still much better
hi there, need a suit for biz. any recommendations around 800-1.3k?bangkok tailors thread is in travel> Thailand subfolder. Wait for travel moderator to create a subfolder for Vietnam.
Whether post here or in Vietnam thread isn't apt, in my opinion.
btw, I also tried China, Bangkok, Vietnam, Singapore tailors. Cannot really compare tourist-focused tailors in China and Bangkok with Singapore because the quality is very different based on the budget (which directly affects the quality of fabrics) and time given for the full bespoke/made-to measure process (which directly affects the quality of workmanship, esp handsew work and number of fittings). It is like the 48 hrs tailors at Chinatown and Orchard shops aren't the best in Singapore. However, Vietnam offers best value for quality workmanship in my opinion, based on a 7-day turnaround time.
China has good tailor shops. Ushan (优山)http://www.ushan.com/ can beat most Asian tailors.
The China shop that you tried has a boutique shop or it’s those fabric market tailor? Normally, this does not happen for boutique shop tailors, you have to know many HK boutique tailors outsource to China shenzhen workshops to manufacture , although Baotou will do QC.Shanghai red gang tailors are world class.How is Phuket tailor? I tried China and I find so so. If you do stripe, the alignment sometimes off
This budget can but will see few uses because of Singapore's warm and humid weather so ROI will be very low. They are further limited because natural cashmere is a tad yellow, so fabric colours are not vast. Normally full cashmere suit is for spring or autumn wear. If the reason is not for warmth, but to tell others, "I own a full cashmere suit" might as well go for super 160 wool. Same micron (15.7) as grade A cashmere (14-19), roughly same durability, more sheen, colours, designs and weaves. Feels equally good if not better on the skin, lightweight and more suited for our weather.
There are cashmere blends in super 150 or 160 and maybe even for local weather, wool silk blends. I highly recommend Dorsilk By Dormeuil.That’s close to the idea I had in mind. Not to tell others it’s cashmere but I wanted something different to wear for big events as most suits out there are made of wool hence cashmere came into my mind
Are you looking for retail or tailor?Cant find a thread on this but does anyone know where i can get good linen shirts in sg?
Are you looking for retail or tailor?
most tailors do linen shirts
https://assemblesg.com/collections/...n/products/blue-and-white-striped-linen-shirthttps://cyctailor.com/collections/linenhttps://www.editsuits.com/sg/linen-shirts-for-men/https://collaro.co/shop/shirt ( choose linen to filter)
https://www.yeossal.com/collections/custom-tailored-shirts
linen cotton
https://www.perfectattire.com/fabrics/andreazza-castelli/ac-solid/linen-cotton-pale-blue/
Muji is very decent for its price.retail
I just comissioned one with my tailor from Loro Piana for my upcoming year end travels during my recent jacket fitting. Once you go cashmere, you can't go back. I shall post some photos of my recent fitting some time tonight for thoughts..Anyone has any recommendations on where to make pure cashmere suit?
Also what are your thoughts on them? Intend to wear it at most once a year for events.