Where to tailor clothes, continued...

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2010
Messages
9,047
Reaction score
351
I probably would never get to use it for biz either.
Unless I change jobs. :ROFLMAO:

So it's: other ppl wedding, maybe dnd occasionally, dress nicer for dinner with s/o.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
I probably would never get to use it for biz either.
Unless I change jobs. :ROFLMAO:

So it's: other ppl wedding, maybe dnd occasionally, dress nicer for dinner with s/o.
In that case I would go full casual with the detailing with the exception of fabric. I love linen but getting a jacket in that fabric may limit its usefulness. Linen really stands out and if you only have 1 jacket people will remember you as the linen jacket guy.
 

strezzor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
586
Reaction score
9
Hi all, looking for a tailor to make some high waisted trousers. Looking for a place with selection of fabrics that is machine washable as this is for day to day wear (from what I read in earlier threads, it seems like VBC 110, H&S Portfolio and Lanitex satisfy these criteria - anything else?).

I have shortlisted Yeossal, Seamless Bespoke, Collaro and Common Suits. I made a pants with Ron & Rich before but their house style is just a tad too baggy for my liking but I'm not looking for slim fit trousers as well so an inbetween.

Not quite sure of the price range for trousers for these places but anyone has any recommendations if my priority is (1) fit, followed by (2) pricing? Thanks!
 

Moratia

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
219
Reaction score
62
Hi all, looking for a tailor to make some high waisted trousers. Looking for a place with selection of fabrics that is machine washable as this is for day to day wear (from what I read in earlier threads, it seems like VBC 110, H&S Portfolio and Lanitex satisfy these criteria - anything else?).

I have shortlisted Yeossal, Seamless Bespoke, Collaro and Common Suits. I made a pants with Ron & Rich before but their house style is just a tad too baggy for my liking but I'm not looking for slim fit trousers as well so an inbetween.

Not quite sure of the price range for trousers for these places but anyone has any recommendations if my priority is (1) fit, followed by (2) pricing? Thanks!
Assemble has machine washable pants at similar price point as your list
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Hi all, looking for a tailor to make some high waisted trousers. Looking for a place with selection of fabrics that is machine washable as this is for day to day wear (from what I read in earlier threads, it seems like VBC 110, H&S Portfolio and Lanitex satisfy these criteria - anything else?).

I have shortlisted Yeossal, Seamless Bespoke, Collaro and Common Suits. I made a pants with Ron & Rich before but their house style is just a tad too baggy for my liking but I'm not looking for slim fit trousers as well so an inbetween.

Not quite sure of the price range for trousers for these places but anyone has any recommendations if my priority is (1) fit, followed by (2) pricing? Thanks!
Why not go back to Ron & Rich and simply tell them to make the new pair less baggy?
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Hi all, looking for a tailor to make some high waisted trousers. Looking for a place with selection of fabrics that is machine washable as this is for day to day wear (from what I read in earlier threads, it seems like VBC 110, H&S Portfolio and Lanitex satisfy these criteria - anything else?).

I have shortlisted Yeossal, Seamless Bespoke, Collaro and Common Suits. I made a pants with Ron & Rich before but their house style is just a tad too baggy for my liking but I'm not looking for slim fit trousers as well so an inbetween.

Not quite sure of the price range for trousers for these places but anyone has any recommendations if my priority is (1) fit, followed by (2) pricing? Thanks!
Suggest you bring a pair of pants that fit you the best, not too slim fit, not baggy and ask tailor to duplicate the fit.

Sakal carries H&S, Loro Piana, VBC, Scabal, Drapers, etc and plenty of wool poly blend fabrics.
 
Last edited:

PsyClick

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
517
Meiko, Dylan&Son, Kayjen. HST for shirts if you can communicate your preferences well. I don't think anyone else comes close in terms of construction and finishing. The caveat being I honestly don't see a point in shirt tailoring unless you dropped shoulders or some other issues with your body type.

These days I buy and alter shirts from Kamakura which are hands down the best value high quality shirts at their price point or spier and mckay who are best low priced value shirts.
Hi

I agree with your opinion on the tailoring part vs buying stock & alteration. Can you help answer some questions I have?

How do you make your purchase decision for the above 2 shops? Assuming you don't get to see and test them. Unless somewhere in SG carries them.
On sizing, you buy 1 size bigger so you have space to alter?

Thanks in advance
 

crazynut06

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
11,500
Reaction score
92
Collected my suit from Meiko today. Photoshoot on Monday.

Any recommendations for premium dry cleaning?

havent tried using any premium one.. I always go to the one near my mum place ( shops under hdb one at whampoa lol)
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Hi

I agree with your opinion on the tailoring part vs buying stock & alteration. Can you help answer some questions I have?

How do you make your purchase decision for the above 2 shops? Assuming you don't get to see and test them. Unless somewhere in SG carries them.
On sizing, you buy 1 size bigger so you have space to alter?

Thanks in advance
I have a measuring tape. Having my preferred short measurements on hand allow me to compare it to their size charts which include the product measurements.

Rule of the thumb in descending order of difficulty is that sleeve waist and chest can be altered for shirts but the neck circumference can't. So I buy the best fitting neck chest and waist shirt and alter the sleeve to fit.

It helps that I've gone through enough shirts in my lifetime to know what sort of fabrics materials and finishing that I like so I almost exclusively shop for apparel online.
 

Rong626

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,167
Reaction score
181
High rise dress pants seems to back in style these days. Can a tall person pull it off?
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
High rise dress pants seems to back in style these days. Can a tall person pull it off?
why not?

compared to Caucasians, Asians have a longer body and shorter legs and the high rise gives an impression of longer legs unless the tall person has long legs but a short body.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,370
Reaction score
4,444
Seah Im tailor going to close until market is renovated in 6 month’s time. There goes my cheap lobang
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
High rise dress pants seems to back in style these days. Can a tall person pull it off?
If you want a pseudo-intelligent reply, high rise trousers are about bringing balance to your top and bottom visual proportions. Typical low rise trousers make your legs look shorter and but visually elongate your body. This looks terrible, especially if you have a belly since low rise trousers which end at the hip frames the belly drawing attention to it.

What you want is to ensure that your trousers sit at your natural waist, which approximately is where your belly button is. This balances your proportions. It is also more comfortable since the trouser waist is no longer wrapped around your hip/hip bone but your abdomen which is fat/flesh.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,370
Reaction score
4,444
If you want a pseudo-intelligent reply, high rise trousers are about bringing balance to your top and bottom visual proportions. Typical low rise trousers make your legs look shorter and but visually elongate your body. This looks terrible, especially if you have a belly since low rise trousers which end at the hip frames the belly drawing attention to it.

What you want is to ensure that your trousers sit at your natural waist, which approximately is where your belly button is. This balances your proportions. It is also more comfortable since the trouser waist is no longer wrapped around your hip/hip bone but your abdomen which is fat/flesh.
This style I thought usually accepted by uncle. Haha
 

BelongYJ

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
High rise dress pants seems to back in style these days. Can a tall person pull it off?
Personally I’d prefer for high rise trousers, visually makes your body and legs more balance. I did purchase some custom mtm trousers from China premium tailor shop, which they do business on Taobao. Really good workmanship, and cheaper than most of SG premium tailor
 

BelongYJ

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Hi all, looking for a tailor to make some high waisted trousers. Looking for a place with selection of fabrics that is machine washable as this is for day to day wear (from what I read in earlier threads, it seems like VBC 110, H&S Portfolio and Lanitex satisfy these criteria - anything else?).

I have shortlisted Yeossal, Seamless Bespoke, Collaro and Common Suits. I made a pants with Ron & Rich before but their house style is just a tad too baggy for my liking but I'm not looking for slim fit trousers as well so an inbetween.

Not quite sure of the price range for trousers for these places but anyone has any recommendations if my priority is (1) fit, followed by (2) pricing? Thanks!
Same experience with Ron and rich, after sit down the trousers ankle parts almost touch my knees 😅 I think he too much focus on “drape”, forgot the comfortable……
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top