Where to tailor clothes, continued...

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Anyone who likes high rise trousers can look for Commonsuit’s Instagram. The house cut is high rise
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Same experience with Ron and rich, after sit down the trousers ankle parts almost touch my knees 😅 I think he too much focus on “drape”, forgot the comfortable……
This sounds more like poor fit as compared to excessive "drape". Trousers can't drape if they're as tight as you described.
 

BelongYJ

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
This sounds more like poor fit as compared to excessive "drape". Trousers can't drape if they're as tight as you described.
Actually it is not tight, we know when we sit down the trousers will go up abit. Obviously they left lot space at hip to maintain the drape. But it is incredible can go up and almost touch my knees. 🤣 If I’m not wrong beside online purchase, there should be at least 1 time fitting for mtm pants. However when I came to collect, it is ready to wear 😓. I did made shirts with them, be honest the workmanship not value for the price, and the sleeve too short to match my jacket.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Actually it is not tight, we know when we sit down the trousers will go up abit. Obviously they left lot space at hip to maintain the drape. But it is incredible can go up and almost touch my knees. 🤣 If I’m not wrong beside online purchase, there should be at least 1 time fitting for mtm pants. However when I came to collect, it is ready to wear 😓. I did made shirts with them, be honest the workmanship not value for the price, and the sleeve too short to match my jacket.
Yikes! I've only ever had that sort of problem with very slim fit trousers, thus the mistaken assumption. Again back to my old mantra of buying OTR and altering to fit!
 

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
48
Actually it is not tight, we know when we sit down the trousers will go up abit. Obviously they left lot space at hip to maintain the drape. But it is incredible can go up and almost touch my knees. 🤣 If I’m not wrong beside online purchase, there should be at least 1 time fitting for mtm pants. However when I came to collect, it is ready to wear 😓. I did made shirts with them, be honest the workmanship not value for the price, and the sleeve too short to match my jacket.

I can't really picture what would make pants ride up THAT much..
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Personally I’d prefer for high rise trousers, visually makes your body and legs more balance. I did purchase some custom mtm trousers from China premium tailor shop, which they do business on Taobao. Really good workmanship, and cheaper than most of SG premium tailor
Can recommend?
 

paladin

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,520
Reaction score
252
Has anyone tailored a suit at Sakal before? how's the experience?
I tailored an oblique suit and a water-resistant 2 piece suit using my own Scabal fabrics (ie CMT) and cupro lining.

Customer service and value were good, I was charged $520 for full canvassed suit workmanship back then in 2020. That was the period when the price was at its lowest due to COVID. For the oblique suit, I had 1 muslin fitting, 1 basted fitting and 1 final fitting. Sakal moving to Haji Lane soon so not sure if the location will affect the experience because I always liked to eat at the hawker centre opposite Sakal before or after my fittings. Back then, beancurd city was just downstairs too.

Note: Sakal cannot do a good Milanese buttonhole, but I probably didn't pay for one either. But I was given Barchetta pocket, horn buttons, pick stitching and surgeon cuffs.
 
Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
Has anyone tailored a suit at Sakal before? how's the experience?
May I refer you to the horrible work that they foolishly posted on their Instagram before hastily taking them down after being called out on it in HWZ? https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/where-to-tailor-clothes-d-part-3.5308975/post-140260168

Look at their Instagram. They don't post fit pics anymore because the ones they posted were terrible and it's easier not to self expose I guess.
 

Clinomania

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
27
Actually it is not tight, we know when we sit down the trousers will go up abit. Obviously they left lot space at hip to maintain the drape. But it is incredible can go up and almost touch my knees. 🤣 If I’m not wrong beside online purchase, there should be at least 1 time fitting for mtm pants. However when I came to collect, it is ready to wear 😓. I did made shirts with them, be honest the workmanship not value for the price, and the sleeve too short to match my jacket.
1 time fitting for MTM? Where did you hear this from? Most tailors at that price point won't offer that.

With regards to the pants riding up, your pants are too short, period.
 

Clinomania

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
27
May I refer you to the horrible work that they foolishly posted on their Instagram before hastily taking them down after being called out on it in HWZ? https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/where-to-tailor-clothes-d-part-3.5308975/post-140260168

Look at their Instagram. They don't post fit pics anymore because the ones they posted were terrible and it's easier not to self expose I guess.
If I am being honest, I don't think they deserve to be called out like that but since a certain someone likes to bring them up without being objective, this is the best we can do for the uninitiated.
 

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
6,393
Reaction score
60
High rise unpleated just looks weird:

Personally I find that having a high rise but with such a slim and cropped cut looks weird. The former makes the person look top heavy and when coupled with the latter, I find a lot of visual emphasis is on the hips.
 

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
25,620
Reaction score
550
Is CYC still as good? Seems like all the old staff who used to take my measurements left.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top