Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
Have been using the Mpow T5 for the pass few days during commute so here's a short review vs my previous earphones Anker Soundcore Spirit X and Anker Soundcore Liberty Air.

Sound: Not as clear, quite muffled vs the other 2.
Case: Charging case is cheap silicon plastic feel, Spirit X has a circular foam bag while Liberty Air has a small sleek shiny plastic charging case.
Usability: All 3 connected easily, all 3 has slight connectivity issues at certain locations with high wireless interference. Rare enough to ignore.
Charging: All 3 are using micro-USB which is regrettable.
Comfort: Spirit X is easily the worst due to it having a wire running from one earpiece to the right. Liberty Air was the easiest to put on and take off, Mpow I have to stretch my ears behind to get a good fit.

For $50+, it's a good deal vs the other 2 but could have been better.

Wow you're one of the rare ones complaining about sound in the mpow. Now you're making me think twice again hahaha.
 

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
normal ones. i tested my friend's gold too, and without sxfi, sound signature seems the same. but yeah, either one is at least 50-60 more than then T5. If you're talking about just the sound quality, probably not worth it for most people. And as usual, diminishing returns as the price goes up. But add in like comfort, USB-C, design, for me personally I would be willing to pay that extra for it la. haha. But value for money wise, the mpow definitely a better option, and the sound quality at that price point should make most people happy already.

Maybe I should just stick to wired ones and get an iem from KZ XD. Wanted to try those for a long time but now is the tws craze. What to do...
 

Skyeagle

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
21
For all those using Mifo O5, does your case produce those buzzing sounds when the earbuds are charging inside it?
 

gong318

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
398
Reaction score
3
For all those using Mifo O5, does your case produce those buzzing sounds when the earbuds are charging inside it?

yup, it is a known issue, have to resit both buds until red light appears on both and the inner light in the case shines green, only then will the buzz stop

I've learnt to cope with it this way haha

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT
 

AlwaysHardAlwaysReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2015
Messages
7,270
Reaction score
972
Flash deal for jabra elite 65t 199 dollar..

Still too expensive for me.... I might just buy mpow T5 if there is no good deal during IT show
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,815
Reaction score
5,886
Wow you're one of the rare ones complaining about sound in the mpow. Now you're making me think twice again hahaha.

Audio is subjective but I can hear the difference even as someone with normal non-audiophile ears. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. :s13:
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Maybe I should just stick to wired ones and get an iem from KZ XD. Wanted to try those for a long time but now is the tws craze. What to do...

Wow you're one of the rare ones complaining about sound in the mpow. Now you're making me think twice again hahaha.

haha. actually not really complain? he still mentioned it's good value. I feel the same way. Been using for some days now, and i feel the highs and lows could use more details. Also with busy tracks the instruments can sound a bit confused and cluttered together. But the mids are nice though, but I would personally prefer if it was a little more forward, so at least can mask the slightly less detailed highs and lows a bit more. haha.

I happen to be one of those that like sparkly highs, so the rolled off highs on the mpow slightly dampens my listening experience a little, but it's probably less fatiguing for most people to listen to. haha.

But that said, it's still considered really good for the price i think. Just that i'm really just nitpicking. The volume is one of the louder ones I've tested too. battery life has been good with just under 6 hours of playback at the volume i'm using.

Fit wise I kinda agree that the default tips doesn't fit me perfectly too. Small is too small. Medium is fine for regular use, but when jogging the seal is a little more relaxed. Good and bad since hear less thumping from foot steps, but then the bass suffers. Then for the larger tips it seals well (but just too tight for my liking), and somehow when i put into charging case the right side can't make contact with the charging points. haha. maybe i didn't fit properly, but lazy to try again since I prefer medium tips.

If jogging isn't one of the uses for you, and you want good audio at good price and don't mind not having TWS, another option is to grab like a KZ earbuds like ZS10 Pro (around 45?) or ZSN pro (around 18?), and then get the aptx bluetooth adapter cable (around 25?). Just that won't be good for jogging since it's the neckbuds style. haha.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
To add on, it's already better than most other earbuds I've tried in this price range Liao and I still enjoy using it.
Maybe except KZ T1. But then it has too many flaws Liao. Haha.
 
Last edited:

Cheese Steak

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
18
Found out that the aviot te-01g doesn’t turn off when placed in the case, when the case battery is depleted, have to turn it off manually.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
Found out that the aviot te-01g doesn’t turn off when placed in the case, when the case battery is depleted, have to turn it off manually.

you mean when the case battery is depleted, when you put the earbuds in the case it doesn't turn off automatically? That might be common though, cause Creative Outlier Air also like that if i recall.
 

nickmx1896

Junior Member
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
39
Reaction score
1
haha. actually not really complain? he still mentioned it's good value. I feel the same way. Been using for some days now, and i feel the highs and lows could use more details. Also with busy tracks the instruments can sound a bit confused and cluttered together. But the mids are nice though, but I would personally prefer if it was a little more forward, so at least can mask the slightly less detailed highs and lows a bit more. haha.

I happen to be one of those that like sparkly highs, so the rolled off highs on the mpow slightly dampens my listening experience a little, but it's probably less fatiguing for most people to listen to. haha.

But that said, it's still considered really good for the price i think. Just that i'm really just nitpicking. The volume is one of the louder ones I've tested too. battery life has been good with just under 6 hours of playback at the volume i'm using.

Fit wise I kinda agree that the default tips doesn't fit me perfectly too. Small is too small. Medium is fine for regular use, but when jogging the seal is a little more relaxed. Good and bad since hear less thumping from foot steps, but then the bass suffers. Then for the larger tips it seals well (but just too tight for my liking), and somehow when i put into charging case the right side can't make contact with the charging points. haha. maybe i didn't fit properly, but lazy to try again since I prefer medium tips.

If jogging isn't one of the uses for you, and you want good audio at good price and don't mind not having TWS, another option is to grab like a KZ earbuds like ZS10 Pro (around 45?) or ZSN pro (around 18?), and then get the aptx bluetooth adapter cable (around 25?). Just that won't be good for jogging since it's the neckbuds style. haha.

I actually read many bad reviews when it comes to those bluetooth adapter cables for the KZ. Do you have one? Will it be fair to say that most of the KZ wired earphones will be easily better than any of these sub $100 TWSes? :s13:

Well for me I just want good sound and good value for money. So if anything that sounds better than the QCY T2C/T1S I'll probably go for it. I'm just unsure of the sound-to-price trade-offs, whether it is all that worth it haha. Lmao $50 only I still think so much :s13:
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
I actually read many bad reviews when it comes to those bluetooth adapter cables for the KZ. Do you have one? Will it be fair to say that most of the KZ wired earphones will be easily better than any of these sub $100 TWSes? :s13:

Well for me I just want good sound and good value for money. So if anything that sounds better than the QCY T2C/T1S I'll probably go for it. I'm just unsure of the sound-to-price trade-offs, whether it is all that worth it haha. Lmao $50 only I still think so much :s13:

Yeah, i saw bad reviews for the old bluetooth adapter actually, so didn't get it. but recently saw the review of the updated model and it seems better. So I ordered one last week already. Still waiting for it to arrive.



So far for the ones I've tested, I would say yes? Even compared to my cheapo ZSN Pro which I paid like $15-16 for only on shopee. haha. Even compared to more expensive ones like Galaxy Buds, Outlier Air, xFyro xS2 (which totally isn't worth it looking back), I find the ZSN Pro better. But still the same disclaimer about sound quality being subjective. I tend to like brighter sound, some may not. haha.

I've not tried anything QCY though. For me after trying the really budget option like Redmi Airdots, I personally would rather pay more for something like the Mpow M5/T5. For me, it's something I use everyday, so while I wouldn't splurge on like the Sonys, Klipschs, Jabras, I still want something that's at least enjoyable.

But for those who don't really care about sound, or use them only once in a while, redmi airdots will probably be good enough already. so it depends ba. haha. And if you ask those who really particular about audio and willing to splurge, they'll probably say the WF-1000xm3 is super worth it. No right and wrong really. The only way to know for sure is to try it yourself actually. haha.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top